1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao's ankle sprain

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bubbachuck, Feb 25, 2008.

1. bubbachuck

bubbachuck Member

Yao sprained his ankle in the Bucks game of early February (due to the collision with Yi, I remembered well) and from then on, he doesn't have enough time to get it fully recovered and the worse is, the sprain may sideline Yao for one or two games.

According to Wang Meng (the journalist from China) that Yao will do some check later to see if it is necessary for him to rest one or two games, so that he can have some treatment to cure his lingering ankle pain.

I hope Rockets can continue their winning streak even if Yao's absent.

Go Rockets!

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't think so. Of all players, I don't see Yao sitting out to let a bothersome ankle get to 100%. There is a time for that, and it's called the break between the end of the season and the playoffs.

3. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

Yes, please let's not start on injuries. Let the mojo continue!!!

4. choujie

choujie Member

No Wonder. His dunks and blocks are all down after that game.

5. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Yeah, Yao understands they are in the midst of a historic streak (at least in Rockets franchise history) and I don't see him sitting one out. I remember him mentioning the streak of 10 beginning a record in the AP report after the NO game so I mean he understands what is at stake and the competitor in him wouldn't sit it out.

I don't think any superstar or even role player would want to sit out when your team is rolling like this. Hopefully he can ice it and we can blow out a couple of the next teams so that he and Mac can both get a rest in the 4th quarter!

6. raysoon

raysoon Member

Really?I havn't got to know yet!

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I guess it just depends on the degree in which it bothers him, and whether it can get worse.

If keep playing on the bad ankle can cause further injuries, I think Yao needs to sit no matter the situation, unless it's a must-win-to-get-into-playoffs situation.

But damn, Too bad he couldn't use the all-star break to heal it.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Sit the next 2 games out, please. We dont need Yao in the next two games.

9. chuichuitrain

chuichuitrain Member

The Rockets just need to blow a few games open EARLY instead of letting teams linger around. Then Yao can get his rest ;)

10. kwng

kwng Member

He needs to rest if he is injured.

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yup, unfortunately.

12. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

I dont think he needs a rest before the playoffs. The team needs him now more than ever consdering the Dark March coming soon.

But I noticed he put his left foot into the ice after the game against Bulls. Is that strained ankle OK?

13. YnMDynasty

YnMDynasty Member

I bet even without Yao, Rox can blow Wizards and Grizzlies out with ease. So I hope Rox rest Yao in next two games.

14. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

I think he need a rest , besides,Wizards and Grizzlies are not very good team,they can't beat our Redhot Rox even Yao isn't in.
    when he's really injured ,it'll be too late to regret

15. firefive

firefive Member

He needs to rest if he is injured. Its not a good news for us.

16. battousai

battousai Member

yao needs to rest if his ankle is hurting him. if he is not rest well or treating the ankle it will get worst and than it will affect us down the road.

I don't care about the winning streak. I care about the playoffs, beside we can plow thru the next two opponents anyway.

if not than play yao for 10 to 15 mins.

17. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

If that is the case then Yao really need to sit the next two games out.

We could beat Wiz and Mem w/o Yao, and even if we lose one, we can afford it. What we cannot afford is a 70% 80% Yao comes playoff time when it matters.

18. liangqj

liangqj Member

I think Jones notice his sprain all the time.

19. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

The March schedule is horrible. We better give Yao a week rest and let him fight next month with full strength.
    Just check what Popvich did to his players.

20. AttackTheRack

AttackTheRack Member

Sit him on the bench in uniform for the next two. If the game looks tight and tough, put him in; if not, he can just watch the team win and get some rest.