1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 88, Rockets 77

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. roxwin

roxwin Member

since when you dont have problem with yao?

2. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

unless the refs can snatch the ball from AB, it's not going to be a blowout

3. Diggler

Diggler Member

I think the most critical part of the game was when Carl Landry fumbled that pass from Lowry as we were making a run. Followed by bad fouls and his jumpers were not going in. That changed everything.

4. aznsexyboi

aznsexyboi Member

When Roy and Lamarcus score 20+, this is a good Blazers team.

5. dadesokan

dadesokan Contributing Member

This was a really winnable game. Even though the bench played very poorly, and Brooks took 7 more shots than the hottest player on the team, Artest really killed us with his turnovers and bad shooting. Your SG only shoots 9 times shots 30%, we cannot win with that. Artest has just totally lost confidence in this series, and Roy missed makable shots before it starting falling at the end, it was not mainly Artest defense. Battier played and plays better D on Roy. All series, Roy has been getting the shots he wants and Artest just seems to have no handles or really know what to do with the ball when he is not making his shots. 3 bad games in a row, wow!

Back to brooks, He has one more game to prove he belongs as starter in Houston otherwise he should be traded. He just does not seem smart enough. As a PG, when you first option is taken away how do you not find 2 - 3 and 4? I guess he is options 2,3,4: Pathetic! I know we all wanted him to be agressive but not shoot 20 times and make only 6 shots? How about finding battier for a few 3s how about getting scola 10 -13 more shots down the stretch?

If we do not beat this team in Houston in Game 6, it is over! Roy is just much better than Artest, Scola cancels out Aldridge, and Yao cannot get the ball consistently.

I am really worried, and I want to see how the rockets will respond to pressure in GAME 6. This should be the game of their life. Dont worry if you get swept by the rockets, but must beat this team in game 6 or its over.

6. greydawn

greydawn Member

AB is still a boy??HUH?
    He is not ,and yet he has never learned how a playmaker should plan and assist every offence of the team. And this is the way he is gonna play through the rest of his career.He really pissed Yao off but he doesnt care cos YAO is Chinese.This is just not Yao's place.It's not Yao's team.

time for him to be traded

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

No game is ever officiated perfectly. I never said they were. I'll grant you that the refs swallowed the whistle on a number of calls. But the fouls Landry made were obvious. 1st foul is maybe a ticky tack foul. But the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fouls? Which send the blazers to the free throw line? Bone-headed play. Looks like when they shot Landry, they shot his talent too.

8. E-Man

E-Man Member

And against Utah in 2007.

9. aznsexyboi

aznsexyboi Member

And we are NOT going to win many games when Yao gets less than 15 shots a game. That is not going to cut it. :eek:

10. sky1

sky1 Member

brainless Brooks(1/8three point and 6/20shooting), artest and aldeman!

I really want to throttle the Aron brooks, he is a very badly rookie and brainless little guy. Once again he became hot-brain and just know the brainless pushing, he don't slow down and give the ball to their paint player such as Yao and Scola. Look at their shooting Yao 7/12 Scola 10/13,and then look at Brooks and Artest 6/20 and 3/9 respecetively. How ridiculous it is . Brooks and artest always forget the superiority of the team, When the team are behind, they became hurry and hesitation. Brooks believed his shooting and penetrating too much, again and again he was blocked by the tall paint players of the blazer. He thought he maybe the savior but in fact he is nothing but a ****. He didn't realize who is the team master. Also brooks and artest just know dribbling the ball and they had 6 turnovers. And the ball is static the player don't want to move the ball. And Aldeman should reponsible for the lost too. He didn't control his player well, especially brooks, he just let them shoot at the three point line. Brooks shot 20 times this game It's very horrible, he is not a stable player, his cold-feeling made him waste a lot of chances. When Yao had a rest the ratio is 68:64,but the other players didn't maintain the superiority. When Yao and scola came back the ball couldn't reache to them, our gurd just know dribbling and shooting at the three point line and penetrating to the paint where there were all the player of blazer and waiting block.
    Our sub players also did very bad especiall Lowry and Landry. I don't know what to say, they always do the same thing in the games, especially at critical time. The young players alway become heated-brain and become Panic but don't know what to do. They always couldn't take lessons from the lost games and do the same thing nex times. It is very irony.

11. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

if artest and brooks combined to shoot more shots than scola and yao, that's a script for failure

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

jebus lol its a madhouse in here tonight...i knew we never should of gotten rid of matt maloney

13. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

enough is enough. Clutch, please make an unique sticky thread for our dear AB which will save plenty of hard drive and bandwidth for you for sure

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

Agreed.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Portland never had anything to lose. If they lose the series they get a pat on the back 'Next year guys! This was a good experience!'

Houston has always had the pressure on them to get the monkey off their back. If we lose Yao and everyone will for another year at least be known as losers and chokers. Moreso now that they have a 3-2 lead and have a chance to close on their home floor and have 3 shots...2 now of course to beat Portland.

I agree though, POR was expected to give their best game and this was it. Game 2 was close, Roy and LMA got off but their bench was still pretty quiet. This game they did everything they wanted to do and played their style, bench did good, Roy and LMA showed up, Oden didn't foul out...

Next game though I think we'll see the very best from the Rockets. They know what is on the line.

16. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

I agreee 100% with this post. I would rep If I could. :D

We really just need to stop LMA. He's there team's engine not Brandon Roy.

17. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

So what are you really suggesting, AB lover? :D

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

Next game, Limit Brooks to 10 shots. Limit Artest to 7. Battier, Yao, Wafer, and Scola take the rest of the shots.

19. allenz

allenz Member

agree
    this CHICKEN doesn't care what if YAO got pissed or not.
    what he does care ist always like:running / shooting so that he can make his stats nice,but which always leads us to a unacceptable stupid LOSE.

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Well he has to DEMAND THE BALL. DEMAND THE ****ING BALL !

If he is not scoring then he needs to affect the game with blocked shots and rebounds. Not just letting guards lay up in his face.