1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Oregonian] McMillan blows whistle on officials

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xelloss12, Apr 27, 2009.

1. gaily

gaily Member

2. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Lol, guess those "touching fouls" they had on Yao, had nothing to do with his cuts and bruises

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't usually quote an entire post this long, much less bold it, but that was a damn fine read. Thanks! Needless to say, I think you nailed it. (loved the Bruce Lee reference, btw!) :cool:

You should send Clutch a few dollars and become a contributing member. :)

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Blazer fans keep whining about contact on Roy or Aldridge, but aside from Roy's drives where he usually gets to the line, he isn't being fouled. I think folks assume that since there is legal contact(cant touch a face up guy, but if his back is to you you are allowed to use one hand) they are being fouled just the same.

I have seen the same body up defense that is also whined about on Artest and Battier being displayed by Roy, Blake, Batum, and Outlaw.... None of the contact is whistled, either way. Not sure where the fouls are supposed to be called.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

nice.

6. Vivid

Vivid Member

Will do.

-V

7. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

Vivid, you are a genius and the true master! :D

1 person likes this.
  8. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Agreed !! :D

9. HookemHorns1250

When your 4 is strictly a jump shooter, and your 5 never touches the ball on offense, your not going to get calls, simple as that.

10. HookemHorns1250

One more thing I'd like to add, Roy shot 13 free throws in game 4, more than any other player on the court that night. He's the only one that attempts to attack the basket, and he got his fouls, so how can one say they are getting treated unfairly?

When your 4 is strictly a jump shooters and your 5 doesn't touch the ball on offense, you don't go to the free throw line.

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

They will come out aggressive, but the things is, they are already too aggressive. Their bigs are manhandling and it's obvious. If they get any more aggressive, those two will foul out by the end of the 3rd.

Again, I think it will be called tight, but so far, we just appear to be better in general. Not by much, but consistently. If they call it anywhere close to fair, and especially if they get any tighter about the calls (again, fairly) we will see their aggression, and raise them a "Buh Bye".

12. jedicro

jedicro Member

They've got this picture on BlazersEdge, and they're claiming it should be a foul on Yao.

Seriously

13. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

14. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

its ridiculous how nate micmillan can say greg oden touch fouls on YAO? WTF...im not being biased but Grey Oden ALMOST ALWAYS FOULS YAO IN THE POST when yao is trying to get the ball...priizella does a better job of defending yao without actually fouling.

(loss respect for nate micmillan)

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You don't think hooking a defender's arm like that is a foul? If you watch Yao fighting for position in the post, he does it regularly.

For that particular play, I could see that being called a double foul.

16. jedicro

jedicro Member

If Yao were just doing that to him? Absolutely its a foul. But if someone comes over and is hugging him what do you expect him to do?

That'd be like calling traveling if someone pushed you over. Yeah, I travelled, but you caused it.

If Yao hooks it is a foul, but not in that context.