1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need lineup change: Jeff Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheking, Mar 5, 2020.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Someone is a Bruno fan lol

fattz likes this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

Yes, I am. I truly think if given the playing time he would produce. He has the size to be of help.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

You were harsh as well as wrong.

Jeff Green is 41% 3ball shooter with Rockets, that makes him even better 3P shooter than even BMac this seadon.

And Green is more explosive finisher, lob threat, playmaker and switch defender than either House or McLemore.

Not to mention that Green is 6'8 235 with a 7'1 wingspan. That is much better than 6'6 House (6'8 wingspan) or 6'3 McLemore (6'8 wingspan).

Chamillionaire and fckbandwagons like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

The answer is not DMo. Try again.

Sidarma likes this.
  5. StrawberryJamm

He's either not a better switch defender than House or he secretly is and none of the other teams know it. They will attack him.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. First of all what in the world made you go back to this argument and quote me from 3 months ago.
    Secondly I’m not wrong. You say I’m wrong but what you say weighs no more than what I say. I was harsh in saying he wasn’t skilled but my argument was that he doesn’t help teams win games. Your rebuttal is heavily relying on his stats in a stretch where we lost to Orlando, Charlotte, Knicks, destroyed by the Clippers, and our best win in Boston he was a non factor; more like a negative factor (-11) like literally he was complete dogsh**. If you’re going to take averages look at his whole fkin career and tell me one team that benefitted with him. (Please don’t attempt the Cavs argument)

7. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Gordon is great off the bench. He scores more because he gets more touches with harden and westbrook taking all the shots.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

When locked in, Green is very good defender. And he also has ability to go off for 40 burgers on offense.

But Bruno has potential to be an elite defender.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

His role on Rockets is very different from any role he's had. Rockets system is also very different.

Think Ben McLemore, do we judge him on career before he came to Rockets too? Should have judged Harden that way as well? Eric Gordon should be judged by his time with Pelicans only?

Should PJ Tucker have stayed a bench player or never moved to center?

You were not only harsh, you were wrong.

10. StrawberryJamm

Awesome! sounds like we don't need Jonah Bolden.

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL. Would still sign the 27 year old ..

... next season.

fattz and StrawberryJamm like this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

Start Green and we’ll win, if not, we’ll keep losing 1st quarters, rebounding battle and lose games. It’s time!

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The fact that you don’t say “we’ll see” but rather insist you’re right and insist I’m flat out wrong based on 10 games is rather idiotic. Not trying to be mean but seriously 10 games and you’re like “my point is proven”. I’m sure you’ll be able to build a fantastic roster given the opportunity.
    Ben McLemore has fit in with us well, and not so in the past with others, but what are you saying? He’s good for 10-15 minutes a game right now. Have him as a starter in the playoffs and watch him make so many mistakes clutchfans will be calling for his head.
    Eric Gordon has had better health (and when he hasn’t with us he had some rough stretches). Also, he was on some god awful teams. And Tucker has fit in well. My point isn’t that no player can excel with a different opportunity.

Jeff Green has been on 9 teams. 9! Yes maybe he found a place where he can be of help coming off the bench. Hopefully! But if we NEED him come playoff time, then we’ve got no shot at anything.

Am I wrong that you’re basing everything you’re saying off 10 games? No I’m factually correct. Am I wrong that he wasn’t excellent in all 10 games? Nope, I’m right. Am I wrong that we played horrible and lost to some poor teams in those games? Factually correct.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are wrong.

And we will all see that you are.

And you will learn to like that you were wrong because it will benefit the Rockets.

One of us will be proven right very soon.

#94 D-rock, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Zoplicone and fattz like this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

Player and the role must match or it just won’t work. If a player plays down to his role it will work but not for long. If a player is bouncing around the league he belongs in the league or other teams won’t sign him. The problem is he hasn’t found his fit/role yet, not him. Once again if he was the problem other teams wouldn’t sign him. The fit is more important than the player in most cases.
    Fit + contract = player. Jonah Bolden, Bruno and Green are all fits. Fit is what matters most.

D-rock likes this.
  16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind having a taller player than 6'7 attempt the tip ball in the beginning. Those are just embarrassing to watch sometimes.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I do wish I am wrong in that Jeff Green contributes to Winning Rockets Basketball.

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

D-rock likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m a bit worried about Jeff Green, and all the hope that goes with him. He has been discarded by every single team he has been on, and we are certainly one of his last stops. I have hopes that Mike can pull an Ace like he did with Tim Thomas, but the reality is that we looked better playing Thabo in Jeff Green’s spot.

20. Chamillionaire

I liked Thabo's defense and his energy was there, but he was shooting only 27% from the 3.
    He did do a great job playing the back up 5 there before the season ended.
    Having said that, I'd take Green just for the versatility he brings on offense.
    Hope he can continue shooting well.

D-rock and RudyTBag like this.