1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The economy versus the pandemic was a false choice. It was only in the short term that they are in conflict but in the long run unless the virus is controlled the economy won't be able to fully recover.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not only is that common sense, it’s backed up by some studies from the previous major pandemic in 1918.

Solve the virus problem (which also mean contain it as reasonable as possible) and you improve both the economy and health.

It amazes me that some, those that rushed to open back early, those that didn’t put in the hard work to contain this virus, do not get this.

My only guess is they didn’t think it’s that bad or they actually think everyone will eventually get it anyway - both are false.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump's very, very, very very, very, very very, very, very very, very, very large brain does not agree.

Scientist can't believe the stuff Trump's Brain knows. It is like Trump had a Rocket Science uncle at MIT.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The other problem is that our society has a very hard time thinking long term. Most of our society isn't geared up to think far beyond the next quarter..

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes, I think that's a general human tendency, which is quite understandable from an evolution perspective. The gov job is to think longer terms, against human tendency, but the problem for some time now is some gov are trapped into short term perceived gain. This admin is trapped in short term gain in the span of seconds. Some call it toddler behaviors.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I think we gotta buckle in for the long haul.

Pretty much all the experts are acknowledging that any vaccine will not be widely distributed until well into 2021 at the earliest. What's going to happen is once a vaccine is announced you will see a lot of people going out, even more than now, and acting as though everything is going to be OK. There will be massive pressure on countries and states to lift all of the restrictions. That will lead to another surge that can't be treated because the vaccine won't be widely available.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I liked this post. I need to clarify, I don't like (or dislike) that you posted it. I like that this jabroni is in the ICU. Is that bad?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

No, I wish it happened to more of these idiots so that they could learn what darwinism is.

Unfortunately...these type of karma-incidents don't happen often, and instead, the anti-maskers get the virus, have no symptoms, and then spread it to someone else that probably doesn't deserve it.

deb4rockets, Reeko and Ziggy like this.
  11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well when the overriding motivating force in America is the orientation of the largest corporations to concentrate on maximizing profit for the next quarter report can we expect differently?

deb4rockets, Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It's not just the Right. There are plenty on the Left who get caught up in demanding things change right away without thinking about the implications. I would include the initial call to "Defund the Police" without thinking through all of the implications of that.

leroy and RayRay10 like this.
  13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

The other Senator from Kentucky is an idiot.

Reeko and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

‘You are not listening’: Fauci scolds Sen. Rand Paul for misconstruing New York’s coronavirus battle
    https://www.nydailynews.com/coronav...0200923-cvkvfq5t7jfo3lubx7vimiwdve-story.html

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

ok Fauci, I see u with the mic drop

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

But...but...but...Rand's a doctor too, therefore he's just as qualified as Fauci. Fauci is just jealous and unprofessional.

(Note: Rand is an eye doctor and has no experience with infectious diseases like Coronavirus).

Reeko likes this.
  17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Your predication would be so right. Even if the vaccine is available, it is ~50-60% protection, also mask is not 100% protection either, this country could be a huge trouble during the winter time.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Of course, the trump lie...

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Source?

RayRay10 likes this.