1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White Still A No-Show This Summer (UPDATE: On the trade block)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Fair point.

2. rocketfaithful

At this point Morey should go to ESPN headquarters(in Los Angeles anyway) and openly say first team that calls gets Royce white, 1.72 million, and a second rounder for your trouble. Traded in an hour!

3. AB423

AB423 Member

Send him to the Bobcats!

4. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

An LA team would make the most sense. 1 less market to travel and Dr. Drew lives there.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No way, I don't think there is a single NBA team willing to take that risk, the lawsuit portion is a big deal - and something I had not considered.

He is just not worth the trouble, for anyone, not that good as a basketball player, and a lousy human being.

I think we are stuck with him - and will deal with him later, the fact that the team is not even communicating with him speaks volumes to me.

He is completely written off - and is too arrogant to know it.

Morey won't even talk about him at all - just not worth the trouble.

DD

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And LA is known for it's beautiful women who wish to be impregnated by a celebrity.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, celebrity is probably stretching it now...and will be stretching it in two years, because he will not be playing basketball then and will be close to being broke.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

ESPN is based in Connecticut

9. Fantasma Negro

Head base in Connecticut, secondary studio in Los Angeles

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They bang reality stars out there. He's got to at least be a step up from reality stars.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Courage is to face your challenges directly and rely on no one, to open up and be vulnerable, to be honest no matter how difficult, to be true to yourself. To not rely on yourself and expect everyone else to solve your problem, to close up and hide behind words, tags, player union, twitter, what have you, and to use others and your mental disease and unfortunate situations as justification is not courage... But actually something that's pretty easy to do as a way to protect your ego.

12. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I suspect a trade is already done at this point, otherwise it's better to let him play in the summer league. They try to avoid injury...

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

He's an expiring rookie contract at worst. I doubt there's much difficulty moving him. He's so irrelevant to people outside of Houston that they'd have any strong opinion towards White.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yep, that's possible too. Dallas is a team in the Dwight Howard hunt with plenty of cap space and no reason to waste a dime of it right now, but if Howard chooses Houston (or LA), the Mavs, who wanted White on Draft night, could get involved. I believe Mark Cuban told Daryl Morey at the last Sloan Sports Analytics Conference that he would have "handled it differently" with regards to Royce.

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think if they trade for full salary cash and a pick and the trade team immediately cuts him, a lawsuit would be less likely. It's pretty obvious why the trade team made the deal which has nothing to do with him. In fact Royce sitting home, getting paid, may be what he wanted all along.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Spot on there, NIKE. I expect the same. If a team trades for him, waives him and pays the remaining salary, it would be absolutely baseless like you said, but I still expect it.

17. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

He said numerous times, flying wasn't the issue, he gets his pay, got an rv, what's the basis of the lawsuit? He signed the contract and had it rewritten. The Problem is he so caught up mentally into changing the Corporate Structure of the NBA than playing Basketball. That's the issue.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Just cut the kid already. Use the stretch provision and get that $600thou. Attaching any more assets than a 2nd rounder to ship off this bum isn't worth it; and I agree with Nike and Clutch, no one's likely to take on this head-case or just a 2nd rounder.

19. basketballholic

That will cost us both Ohlbrecht and Greg Smith.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Um...how do you figure that? And who really cares if we let Ohlbrecht walk? I'm assuming he's gone anyway. Aren't there plenty of ways we could create needed cap-space?