1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White Still A No-Show This Summer (UPDATE: On the trade block)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 1, 2013.

1. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

Did not think of this. This sounds like a good idea!

2. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

Speaking of crappy posts.. (lol).. that's just dumb

3. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

Maybe our old friend, current GM in Philly, can help us out?

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You' re better than that.

5. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

we're shopping royce??? no wayy

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We don't have to give up anything, just let him rot with the RGV all year long - or cut him with the stretch provision.

But, honestly, I hope the Rockets treat him like he did them, and they keep him on the roster, put him with the Vipers and suspend him without pay for any transgression - all year long.

Then simply don't renew him......let him ROT.

DD

1 person likes this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is one of the most spiteful and malicious posts I've read in a while... AND I LIKE IT! :grin:

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Royce has struck a nerve. Giving up on prospects to get rid of him just plays into the hands of other teams. Royce would just giggle like one of his baby mammas and answer it with #BeWell

9. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

If you package him with a 2nd round pick, then it is virtually like selling that pick to that team for whatever Royce's cap hold is.

I can see a team willing to trade for Royce, waive him immediately, pay off the 1.7 million, in order to receive a pick. Teams used to "buy" 2nd rounders by sending cash considerations all the time, this is no different.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There are a number of NBA teams with cap room. White's contract is 1.7M expiring.

At WORST, I am sure the Rockets could send Royce White+Cash (to cover the contract) (NBA teams can use up to 3M this season in cash) and a 2nd round pick to a team to get this done. The question is can Morey do it for less than that.

Like Clutch said, it would be great to get White's roster spot off the team to open it up for more deserving players that are eager to succeed with the Rockets. I hope it happens.

11. DaDakota

Yes, true Deuce, you and Clutch are much more level headed than I in this regard.

I would be in favor of it benefitting the Rockets - and you and Cluth's scenarios are much more reasonable.

But, if not - then let's just let him rot..

:)

DD

12. basketballholic

You expect Dwight to accept a discount so we can keep Royce on the roster?

or

Are you advocating a sign-and-trade for Dwight utilizing Lin/Trob/Smith/ and one of Garcia/Delfino/Brooks?

13. DaDakota

We cut Garcia, Delfino and Brooks already, and Trob was traded to Portland, so not sure what you are saying here.

DD

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

People who know they have mental disorder work on improvement. White know but seems to think it's something that he can't do anything about and that everyone else need to work on improving his situation. The people that are the real hero of the progressing mental issue awareness are those that have an altitude of personal responsibility for improvement and are grateful of any help they get along the way. Folks like white, although he think he's helping, are harmful to mental health progress.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL yes. But as long as he is rotting on our roster, he is still a distraction. Since we cannot put weights around his ankles and do this Don Corleone style, I guess the only way is to trade him. But Deuce's post sounds reasonable. Some team should want the 2nd round pick.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You're right on that, but I also wonder if it's more difficult than we think, that perhaps Royce White's market is more toxic than just a second rounder and cash (to cover the salary) being enough to get a team to bite. Because that cash is limited each year as you pointed out, the Rockets would want to use it wisely... yet they didn't use roughly $2.1 million of cash that they had left from last year before it started over on (I believe) July 1. It just expired.

Or then again, maybe the limited amount of teams that could do it at that time weren't willing to before the free agent period.

They'll get something done though, because he's done here.

17. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

Hopefully he can get traded soon so we can shed out more cash to more deserving free agents :D

2nd rounder + 2 mill cash should be more than enough

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Maybe Boston with it's rebuild efforts would be willing to take a gamble on Royce White, specially if we attach some 2nd rd picks to him and maybe a future 1st with lottery protection.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Clutch, I wonder if the Rockets are waiting to hear D12 has chosen Houston as his destination and then make the White trade. They already got "less value" for Robinson and probably don't want to do ANOTHER trade for less value unless they get D12 FOR SURE.

If the Rockets move LIN they could attach White onto that deal (with the 2nd rounder + cash) to get a higher salary point.

20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah - I was a bit surprised they didn't use that cash. I'd agree that teams like to preserve space going into free agency, but you'll see some of those options dwindle soon.

I do wonder if teams are just concerned about the headache that he'll be. The guy has been putting out there that the team and the league are not compliant in accommodating his disability.

Even if the Rockets offered a team cash to take him and cut him, and a pick for the troubles, the team would be setting itself up to be part of the Royce White saga. I fully expect him to file a (baseless) lawsuit when his career does come to an end. From a public relations and/or risk perspective, teams may just want no part of that when the return is only a 2nd round pick.