1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 Reasons Why I Think The Rockets Could Be Better Next Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Aug 4, 2014.

1. carib

carib Member

Good read OP!

2. PhiSlammaJamma

5. Letter Bombs to Mark Cuban and Chandler Parson have only gone up 29 Cents.
    4. Baseball is not a distraction.
    3. If you half-close your eyes, it sort of looks like basketball for the first time.
    2. In Texas, "killing the referees" is only a class B misdemeanor this year.
    1. Superman lives here. We can go back in time by dribbling around the equator at light speed, change scores.

3. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

never learned how to rep!!!

repped in my mind lol

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Look at crash's OP (opening post). At the top, towards the right, is a button looking thing called Feedback. It has a green plus and minus thingy. Ignore the plus and minus stuff, because you can't do anything with that. Just click on Feedback. Sometimes it can take a moment to appear. After that, it's self-explanatory. If you click the Feedback thingy on one of your own posts, it'll either show you the reputation that post received, or tell you the total rep points you have to date from all your posts. Good luck! :)-

1 person likes this.
  5. baubo

baubo Member

I think this team will be better, but it's based mostly on potential. No, not Terrence Jones' potential or Troy Daniels' potential, but rather the potential of the $8 million trade exception and the non-guaranteed contracts on the roster. Along with the MLE. I don't hold too much hope on the BAE, but if we can get Ray Allen with that it would be totally sweet.

If our current roster more or less the same at the start of the season, I will be VERY pessimistic about our team.

6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Ahhhhhh I see.. Grassy ass my man
    Time to start reppin everyone!!!!

Sikeeeeeee. :cool:

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

1. 2nd year of harden and howard together. emergence of the pnr.
    2. full year of bev as your feature point guard
    3. better defense with howard easing in to 2nd year, ariza and bevs knee better
    4. asset trade exceptions salary cap situation (we can add pieces and make trades)we are very flexible right now.not all teams can say this. this is huge deal here its like 100% we ARE going to do something with a trade and signings. offseason and trade season goes until FEB 2015.keep that in mind.
    5.jones dmo daniels canaan all more experience.

8. rocketsmetalspd

Nicely done! I have to agree that this team will much better on the D side of the court and will prove a lot of doubters wrong. I can't wait to see this team improve over this coming season, it will nice to this team get more than 54 Wins.

9. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I read the forums daily, and have since 2002, but I only post about once every 2 years.

(And I'm posting to say.... nice work, Crash.)

10. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Really good post mate... But I agree with this dude... What other than elite three point shooting does daniels do?

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The best thread I've seen in awhile.

12. basketballholic

Terrence
    will
    be
    traded.

13. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

A positive and well thought out post. Thanks for sharing. Rep.

14. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Thank you for the optimistic view.
    I like T.Jones' game. Definitely hope he becomes a great player for the Rockets. That playoff loss experience should serve him as motivation, joking aside, to become the best PF in every game/series.
    After that the bench is weak, imo. I would love to be proven wrong though.

15. baubo

baubo Member

Does this mean Morey's going to extend Jones for max money?

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Just like you said you will leave?

17. rock34

rock34 Member

Good work. You stated an opinion and gave your reasoning behind it
    To be discussed. That being said I don't completely agree with everything
    You said.

I do believe this team can be better because there might be better team
    Chemistry and defense this year. Lin and Chandler in order to be effective
    They need to be ball handlers. This year,clearly things will run through
    Dwight and Harden. I think Dwight found confidence in his game especially
    During the playoffs. Him playing like that and Harden doing his thing will
    Let the other guys fit better in their place on the offense since we have better
    Shooters this year(Ariza, Daniels, Canaan).

Plus I also agree on Terrance improving greatly this year. I think his biggest need
    Is to get some sand in his pants this off season and work on his jumper.
    My concerns however are wether or not the Rockets will still get easy points
    Running the break off of misses from the other team. The one thing Lin and Chandler
    Could do is run that break because of their ball handling. Now you will only have
    Harden who really does that and maybe TJones. Ariza can run but is more of a finisher
    And Beverly well he is Beverly. He is not true point guard, but we will see if he
    Improves on that.

The other thing is the bench. Although, I see the potential it still is unproven. The likes of
    Daniel, Canaan, Dorsey, Adrien, and Johnson must prove themselves a bit more before
    I am totally comfortable.

Lastly, let's hope for a healthy Dwight and Harden because there is definitely less depth
    In the playmaker category this year for the Rockets. This team can be better because it
    Can fit better around Dwight and Harden, but if any of those two miss extended time
    We don't the J Lins and Parsons of the world to hold us up while they recover.
    It will be interesting to see what DM does concerning that issue as I know he will likely
    Make a move sometime during the season if not before.

Well there's my two cents, let us all discuss. Intelligently, I hope!!

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Great work as usual Crash. I love your optimism and hope everything you stated become a reality.

After week 8 of the NFL season I will be looking forward to the NBA season to start.

Lets Go Rockets!

19. Artestsuckskobe

I agree that we will be better, but you made it sound like we are gonna win it! I like the optimism but I think 15-16 is truly gonna be our year!

20. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Since the Chris Bosh fiasco, I have been thinking over this entire off season about the Rockets potential this year and losing out on Parsons and Bosh.

At the beginning, I wanted Chris Bosh just as much as everyone else does. Having Bosh and Parsons back would make this team look like immediate contenders. But non of that happened and it made the Rockets looked like losers this off season.

But now that Bosh is Miami's problem for the next 5 years, I'm actually glad that he stayed in Miami instead. I'm not saying this because I am bitter or holding a grudged against Bosh or anything. NBA TV was showing re-runs of the NBA Finals and the Playoffs the last week or so and I realized that is Bosh really worth 4 years/80 millions?

Bosh's skills is deteriorating over the years and he has become a glorified role player. With the Miami Heat last season, he was the 2nd option behind Lebron most of the time when Wade wasn't doing too well and he wasn't spectacular nor was he close to being anything of an all star.

I think everyone thought that Houston would get the Toronto Chris Bosh or close to it but most likely, the Rockets would probably get the Chris Bosh from the last NBA Finals who basically didn't do anything much to help the Heat. His rebounding averages are slipping every year. At age 30, he's not getting any better.

His skills may seem like a good match for this team but I think Terrence Jones can probably fill in just as good in a year or two for much cheaper. Jones is 22, athletic, and is improving. His three point shooting isn't that far off from Bosh anyway.

If the Rockets signed Bosh, they would probably be looking to trade him by the 3rd year of his contract when he no longer worth his contract and we would be stuck with him and no cap room to make any moves.