1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 Reasons Why I Think The Rockets Could Be Better Next Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Great thread Crash...

And I'm tiered of defending TJ.... So I'm just sitting back waiting for the season to start so I can serve up some crow to all of these TJOH's. And they're all going to eat out of the same bowl with the same spoon.

2. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Agree with your post. consistent play by Jones will be huge in how defenses react to us. We now have enough outside shooting to spread the floor which will put a lot of pressure on their bigs to hold DH and jones.

Defense will be the biggest upgrade this season. We have scrappy guys who are willing to grind it out for the win. I'm hoping we get the rep of being a physically tough team as the season progresses.

3. New

Nice post! Just want to point out that one should avoid comparing a spot up shooter 'a 3pt to a player maker's. This is mainly because the latter players have to shoot the ball even if they are not open. Their 3pts are generally tougher than the spot up shooter. We need to pull sportvu stats.

4. New

Rocket still needs a second player maker. While Lin did not do a great job, we still need someone to replace him.

5. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Better hope Dwight Howard stays healthy this coming season. He is more important to the team than James Harden

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Good read. I still believe Rockets will be better this season. Harden is playing with a chip on his shoulder this year. You can see it in the USA training camp.

7. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

I guess we will see. Our opinions don't count...

8. chandlerbang21

francisco garcia still looking for a home. Guess he can come back to houston on vet minimum deal

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is a really great post and I had been thinking similar thoughts. Time for the team to get more business like and grittier.

Parsons was the team captain. Now he is gone and it puts the FULL FOCUS on DH and JH to be co-captains and LEAD. It puts the focus on Beverley to sound the defensive horn and get the role players going.

10. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

11. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The thing regarding T Jones and his shot (and this may have been said already elsewhere in the thread) is that he shot 30.7% from downtown last season.

Some people are suggesting that Thad Young is a 'stretch 4', but he shot 30.8% last season from downtown (career 32.1% shooter)

Jones improved from 26.3% in his rookie season to 30.7% last season (and had more attempts per game). There is every reason to believe that he could improve again this season - even a marginal improvement sees him as a better shooting option than someone like Thad Young (Jones already has a huge size advantage)

13. bongman

bongman Member

I agree with OP's thoughts about TJ but I would also like to add a few more about Dmo. I understand that he is lacking in certain aspects of the game like rebounding and paint protection but he appears to be the one of the hardest working member in our team.

There is really no substitute for passion. Anybody who puts that kind of dedication to any craft in most cases, succeeds. Place him in a different system where he consistently gets 25 mins/game and allows him to use his skill set, his value will rise.

I have high hopes for him and hopefully this season, he will eliminate our need to look for a backup C.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry for a non-basketball post, but just a tiny request: since it's clear you're referring to the OP, try not to quote an entire enormously long post. Then the thread is easier for everyone else to navigate. Not a big deal, but just trying to help. Cheers.

15. old_eggplant

old_eggplant Member

Great Job! Best post I have read since come to this forum. There is analysis, evidence and rational prediction. Thanks a lot!

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

With the addition of Kostas, the Rockets bench appears to be very well balanced now. If he is truly a 3 and D type then the Rockets could have a formidable bench this season.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Don't forget flexibility.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding! There's a "spoiler" thingy at the top right of a reply to a post. It actually says spoiler. Highlight what you want to post about, but don't want filling up your reply, click that spoiler thingy, and it will magically be reduced to a "button" one can click that will say "show spoiler." Click on that and there is all that stuff that took up half a page.

Try it, folks!

19. steady

steady Member

20. sergio

sergio Member

[​IMG]

Sorry had to do it.