1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Yes he is.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

yes, they can do that

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Can someone recap what Plowman has stated? Please.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Dragic coming. Just a matter of time.

5. basketballholic

You may be right. Especially if we can acquire him without giving up DMo..and the pick.

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I haven't read back a lot, so a few questions:

Plowman is a known insider who says, that Dragic will be a Rocket this offseason, right? Not "we are trying to get him" or "there are serious talks" but the Rockets "will get him", right? No word on what we have to give up yet?

And how would we go about resigning him next season (he will surely opt out). Do we have bird rights? He is unrestricted, right?

7. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Here's a better question - what has Plowman been proven right about in the past?

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

So, according to Plowman, Drew was actually right after all except his timing was off? Man, if that's true and I was an insider I wouldn't ever bother posting on the board. Go through all that crap for no reason and no thanks.

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

He never said that we will get him for sure. Basically they have a deal in place, but both teams are looking at all other options to make sure they are doing the right thing. I think we will have to wait until the Bledsoe situation is done with.

We would have Dragic's bird rights if we traded for him, so we could go over the cap to sign him. He would be unrestricted.

1 person likes this.
  10. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Thanks man. Sounds good - Dragic would be incredible for us. And we would actually be able to say we improved this offseason (something I was/am afraid we can't say). But let's wait and see - still looks very uncertain...

11. treeman

treeman Member

Understood. It would be worth us getting him if we can go over to keep him.

As for whether they want to have that much money locked up in those positions... Stop thinking of Dragic as a PG in their system - he's a SG to them. Why would they not see it as simply having a bada$$ backcourt?

I could see that go either way. They need something to change to go to the next level, even if they have an awesome guard rotation. So I could see them see Dragic as an asset. What I don't see is how anything we have moves them towards that next level, either. Our PFs are useless to them with the Morris twins. We're not giving up Harden (sorry CH). They already have picks. I don't see why they'd bite unless there's another team involved with something they want. Dragic is a very, very valuable asset to them, especially with his current undervalued contract.

12. Aleron

He's not really a SG to them (he has the ball more and longer than Bledsoe per game), but from their court balance they need to come up with minutes for Dragic, Bledsoe, Thomas and Green at the guard positions, knowing that Tucker will be spending 30 minutes+ at SF and Morris splitting some minutes in the SF spot.

They'd either end up with a Spurs like minutes rotation, only with little to no depth in the front court or end up with Thomas playing 20 minutes a game.

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Then why did the Rockets sign Ishmael? Doesn't make sense.

14. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

Would it be possible to trade for dragic and after this year sign millsap then go over the cap to re-sign dragic? And how much could we offer millsap, would it be enough? If so, we would have a lineup of dragic, harden, ariza, millsap, howard.

15. Aleron

Dragic's cap hold would be too high (11.25m), with Ariza at 8.2m we wouldn't realistically have any cap space.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What does Ishmael have to do with anything?

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Contingency planning. If something doesn't happen, you have someone who knows the system a bit and you have enough bodies so you can have a productive training camp.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What would Phoenix want for Dragic? NOH pick and what? Can we not just send Wolverine (Beverley) back in time to make sure Morey gives Dragic the extra year? Beverley can go tell past Morey about the devastation and suffering that was Free Agency 2014.

2 people like this.
  19. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

I'm guessing we'd have to give up Bev wouldn't we? Bev, NO pick, TJones?

If we kept Bev we would have an incredible guard rotation.

20. TheGoldenGreek

Every time I check in to CF I see this thread near the top of what's being discussed. I click on it hoping to find something valuable only to find that nothing legitimate is being discussed. Can somebody please fill me in? Why is this thread powering on??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.