1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

i don't know how legit Drew is
    but i can see Bledsoe fit better with Harden in the backcourt than Dragic
    Dragic is ball dominate player like Harden
    where Bledsoe is more defensive mind and can play without the ball on offense
    but don't think we will get either one

1 person likes this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Plowman said Dragic

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

PHX needs to sign up Bledsoe before they even think of letting Dragic go.

If we target Dragic, we will be losing someone in our rotation for possibly one year of rental since he has a player option next year.

Bledsoe, you can lock up but he's actually asking for max. sigh

I'm actually fine with either.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm getting way too excited about getting Dragic back. It's best to expect nothing so as not to get my hopes up again.

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely think something is bound to happen with Dragic. Whether the Rockets are involved or not is another question. Hard to see the Suns drafting Tyler Ennis and signing Isaiah Thomas if they weren't expecting to move one of Dragic or Bledsoe. And the fact that they have an offer to Bledsoe points to the player to be moved as Dragic. I'm sure they are prepared to match a max offer for Bledsoe, but there is no reason to offer that much themselves if no other team is going to do it. They may be forced to offer it if he decides to accept the QO which would make him an UFA next year. But I wouldn't expect anything on the Dragic front until a Bledsoe contract is finalized.

6. haydenfisher342

heard lakers are willing to give bledsoe close to max. That would ruin everything

7. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Why would it ruin anything? Actually it would help us if anything. Suns really want to keep Bledsoe. They lowballed him with that offer but im sure if he gets near max money else where they will match. Which would basically mean Dragic is gone. No way they can pay him next year.

8. haydenfisher342

what if the suns do not want to keep bledsoe for that price? then they look at dragic and say, we will be fine

9. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

If you're the Suns and you think Bledsoe is worth the max, wouldn't you rather another team give him the 4 year max with 4.5% raises and then match rather than offer the 5 year max with 7.5% raises?

Maybe the hold up on the Rockets-GD trade is the wait for Bledsoe to accept an offer or offer sheet to remove the small possibility of him signing the one year offer and becoming a UFA next year?

10. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Doesnt matter because they will have to pay Dragic something close to that amount next year anyways. Bledsoe has superstar potential. If you had Bledsoe and Dragic on your team and had to pick one who would you pick? Id take Bledsoe any day. Im sure they will match any offer he receives.

11. treeman

treeman Member

And how do WE pay him next year?

12. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Lol...."good answer. ....good answer....." (cue the Family Fued clapping)

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Dragic, Marion and Okafor would be perfect.

14. Fantasma Negro

Marion and Okafor can split the mle

15. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Tree, we were going to pay $35M between Bosh and Parsons.

I'm sure we'd pay $25M for Ariza and Dragic.

We can go over the cap to sign him after next season. Who knows if that would happen. A lot would probably be determined on how team looked and played. Does Ariza get moved by then? Do we work a sign and trade with someone else who may want Dragic. I don't know.

But I do know if the value is right for NOW, he makes us a better team.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We'll have his bird rights, can over the cap for him

The subs COULD pay him, but you really think they wanna play three POINT guards around 35mil a year!?

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Fixed

18. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

What im saying is no way Phoenix will pay max money to both of them. If he makes us championship contenders then im sure we will pay him his market value. Les was ready to pay the Luxury tax if it meant contenders. Im sure we wont have a problem going over the cap if we see the results this year.

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

True, I mean look at it this way, PHX is probably waiting for Bledsoe to either re-sign or sign someone's offer sheet before moving on. But, if PHX has already said to themselves "we match no matter what," then it's a moot point and it leaves them looking to move Dragic for assets...

20. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Sorry I'm a bit out of the loop, but is Plowman a reputable insider on these forums? (I sure hope he is...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.