1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have Lowry as 4th option after Lebron/Melo/Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 24, 2014.

1. haydenfisher342

Because Parsons is restricted, morey can go over the cap to keep him.
    Morey completes all big free agent transactions, then matchs Parsons contract. Brilliant plan, years of createing, if done, beautifully executed

2. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

It is confusing, but if Morey's plan is to get Lowry and Love I think it would be something like this:

Agree in principle with Lowry on a four year contract starting at ~$11 million. Call Masai with a S&T offer of Lin, DMo, all three 2015 2nds for Lowry. With a S&T, Houston keeps it exception, their minimum contracts and Asik's salary to use in a separate trade but are hard capped at $81 million for the 2014-15 season.

Three Team Trade -
    Asik to New Orleans for 2015 first rounder

Jones, Canaan, NOP pick, 2016 HOU first, rights to Capela and Llull to Minnesota for Love

Three Team Trade -
    Parsons (S&T, BYC) to Minnesota for K. Martin
    Shved, 2016 HOU 2nd, 2017 POR 2nd to Philly

That gives the Rockets Lowry, Harden, Love, Dwight, Beverley, Martin, Johnson, Daniels, and Covington. The Rockets also have the MLE to address the wing/backup PF/backup C position. Personally, I would try and split the MLE between one of Sefolosha/Carter and one of Aminu/Marion then look for a minimum guy.

Lowry/Beverley/Johnson
    Harden/Martin/Daniels
    Sefolosha/Marion/Covington
    Love/Marion/Udoh(?)
    Dwight/Okafor(?)

13 salary slots filled that should fall slightly under $81 million. Strong starting lineup. Strong bench.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

This Love stuff is all speculation. I believe that Lowry is simply our next big name we're going to try and sign if LeBron/Bosh/Melo aren't options.

4. haydenfisher342

Executive of the year guaranteed

5. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I definitely think options 1A and 1B are Lebron and Melo. After that I would assume that Lowry is next and then guys like Bosh, Pierce, Thabo, Deng, Hill, etc. Their are a couple of guys that I could really see playing for the Rockets that aren't being mentioned at all...in Hawes and Frye. I hope Morey at least gives them a call. We need some size and both of those guys space the floor very well.

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

I know that he can go over the cap to resign him. I guess i was wondering about the timing of all the moves... IDK I'm sleepy

7. NateNate

NateNate Member

We have been linked to Hawes. One report said that he is likely to get higher offers with Portland being one.

8. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

What if we traded Lin and assets for cap space and signed someone like Hawes or what if we traded Lin and assets for someone like Thad young or Ilyasova.

Lowry/Bev/Canaan
    Harden/Daniels/Johnson
    Parsons/Covington
    Jones/Dmo
    Howard/Hawes

Is this not an achievable goal? Could go small with Bev and Lowry together or big with Hawes and Dwight. I would be ecstatic with this roster.

9. newAge_Rockets

Most teams would be ecstatic if their GM built this roster, but Morey has taught us to only accept the best.

Therefore,
    Lowry/Bev
    Harden/Daniels
    Parsons/Covington
    Love/Motiejunas
    Howard/Okafor

I think we could use our MLE to add a scorer to that bench or maybe even find a way to pull K Mart from Minnesota. I'm not sure how, but get it done Morey!

10. FeaR

FeaR Member

x " Are you coming back to warriors?"
    2 · 3 minutes ago

Jeremy Lin dont think so. they just signed shaun livingston (who i played with briefly in houston). great basketball player, even better person. SO happy for him and everything hes had to overcome up until this point!
    26 · 2 minutes ago

JLIN is talking like he knows he is leaving for sure soon.

11. rokit

rokit Member

so much hype... yall acting like we're getting tony parker or something and the same people saying lin is an overpaid bench player,are cool with lowry getting 10-12 millions and starting. lin and lowry are basically the same player!

1 person likes this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Jabari Davis @JabariDavisNBA 1 minute ago
    Lowry Picking Between TOR, HOU, LAL | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News po.st/rCsrVe via @BBallInsiders

13. domd221

domd221 Member

seriously? I think Lowry brings more to the table than Lin.

14. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Lin and Lowry are not the same player

15. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i'm okay if lowry ditches DM...still not convinced how he gonna play with our two stars...but lowry and bev back court would be solid..if not, go for the Love trade and get Barea..we need scoring off the bench ala patty mills

16. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Wouldn't Parsons have to agree to get traded to MIN?

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

dude... just stop.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If you're Toronto, how do you sell this to the fans if you just let Lowry up and leave? Even if it's 10-12M, he means so much more for your franchise (you gave up a first rounder to get him, and he should have made the all star team last year) than that.

This is Toronto's chance to shine in a historically bad East. Derozan, Valanciunas, and Ross are just starting to come into their own. Lowry is that team's leader, and he's only 28. I just don't see how Lowry can matter more to another franchise than he does to Toronto. I would love him back on the Rockets, always was a huge fan, but I just don't see Toronto letting him go unless it's for something near the max.

1 person likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Orly, LA Lakers, seriously, Kyle? You want to batter Kobe?

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah I really agree with this. The only chance is if Kyle was so intreagued by the idea of going to Houston (he liked living there, now he likes McHale, no state income tax, doesn't like canada, thinks Houston can win a championship, etc.) that he threatened to sign outright with the Rockets. Then TO would have to deal. No idea if Lowry thinks those things. Just saying that he'd have to really really want to go to Houston to end up in Houston.