1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have Lowry as 4th option after Lebron/Melo/Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 24, 2014.

1. mario_v

mario_v Member

So you're saying Lowry will not sign....

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I interpreted it as he will sign here. But idk.

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

If his Toronto deal is 55m over 5 years then after tax if everything remains the same over the 5 years and not including credits etc it would be worth about $29.5m after tax. Now if he were to sign in Texas with the same assumptions except the Rockets were to offer 11.5m per year for 4 years. He would make about $29.5m after tax.

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

It's Prodigal Son

Protocol is a code, process, or procedure.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sounds like Lowry will come but only if Morey and Mac give him the keys.

6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

If Lowry really wants to be billups, he comes to houston for the chance to lead a team to the championship.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Our team lacks leadership. The biggest leader on the team is Parsons. That doesn't cut it for championship contenders. Lowry can come in and step in to the be alpha dog straight away. Harden and Dwight would benefit alot from the on-court leadership.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

We should sign Lowry for 4 years 50 million. That would definitely entice him to come back to Houston. Anything less would not be much different compared to the Toronto offer.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Where are you reading into that? I mean I'm sure they are promising him the starting gig, and the money, but with a team that consists of two superstars already, I'm not sure what you can really promise him on the court. However, I wouldn't be shocked if they wanted him to be a leader in the locker room. Sort of selling the fact that he would be the veteran voice that can rally the troops... that sort of thing I could see.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Forgive me if this has already been posted.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Forget Kyle Lowry to Houston. Rockets wanted sign &amp; trade but Toronto won't deal bc they want to keep Lowry</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/484057128215531520">July 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

That's old and it's from Broussard.

12. basketballholic

Hot garbage??!?!? I thought Terrence Jones was a future All-Star? What for sure isn't hot garbage is the Asik draft pick. The Asik pick combined with DMo and other picks can yield Minny a player on par or better than Klay. And the cap space Minny could have by trading Love and Martin would be enough for them to add a second quality piece around Rubio...possibly even Pau if Minny gets their butt in gear and moves Love.

And what for sure IS hot garbage is paying David Lee over $30 million over the next 2 seasons to clog the cap and keep the team mediocre....while Rubio....and subsequently Klay leave town.

No he's not.

We

are

not

trading

Parsons.

13. Amir's Johnson

Stop following Broussard and maybe you will be forgiven.

14. StrawberryJamm

I'd be cool with:
    signing Lowry
    Match Offers for Parsons and Daniels
    Trade Lin for best offer
    Go after a guys like Jordan Hill, Andray Blatche, Greg Monroe, Pau Gasol with the MLE to back up 4/5 .
    Bring over Kostas or Gentile

I think Terrence Jones is pretty solid and gets a bad rap around here. Aldridge is a beast, He's steady getting better I wouldn't give up on that dude.

I just know Dmo is gonna off as soon he gets to another team.

15. smr6

smr6 Member

Perhaps we should go back to the Dwight Howard update rule. If it is older than 15 mins, J.R. has posted it.

16. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Thanks grammer police!!! That was typed on a cell phone, just like this message.

17. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Good catch there. Using Asik might allow the Rockets much more time to get a Love trade done since they won't have to depend on New Orleans. Replacing nothing with Lin does eliminate the extra salary savings though.

Why would you post a Broussard tweet once let alone risk posting it more than once?

Of course it was posted when yesterday and of course it is the standard stupidity from him.

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

*grammar.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Mr. Insider, what do you know? :)

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You should have let him keep thinking it was Protocol Son.