1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's say no way to Valetine's Day!...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I was going to order flowers, candy, and a stupid bear, but what the heck is up with doubling shipping rates...No way!...

After 14 years of being with the same, ole, same ole wonderful woman. How bout I decide when to surprise her!...What's with the system telling us to jump and we responding with how high?!....No way!

Seriously, I'll overpay for something, don't worry...Does anyone not celebrate V day (who is NOT single) .Just wondering and what is the reasoning?...

2. mic

mic Contributing Member

My boyfriend and I are not celebrating V-Day this year. For the past two years, we didn't really do much, either. We want to go out to a nice dinner some other night, when it's not so crowded. We just surprise each other with little things here and there throughout the year. No need to designate a day (that's what anniversaries are for). I think V-Day is silly.

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I appreciate the insight. The great thing for you it seems is having that view early in a relationship. I agree that if there is any day to be designated, it should be an anniversary day (i.e. first met/dated, marriage)...

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At least cook her (actually cook) a nice dinner, toss in some candles and a bottle of wine. You could both enjoy it and be at home.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i treat it just like any other day.

6. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Ahh... Soltero y Felizzzz!!!

I don't recall another time in my life since I started to date that I have been so happy in my current state. Life is great.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

moes be lucky

8. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Last year my girlfriend told me she didn't want to do anything special for Valentine's Day. So we didn't.

I'm pretty sure this is a big reason why she isn't talking to me anymore.

9. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

My wife and I have been together over 17 years. We quit celebrating prescribed "holidays" well over a decade ago. We don't celebrate Valentine's Day, nor do we exchange gifts on Christmas.

Random acts of kindness and surprising "gifts" and dinners throughout the year are much more meaningful.

Good luck all.

1 person likes this.
  10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The way I see it, if you can talk your girl into celebrating March 14th, then we as guys are obligated to celebrate February 14th. If your girl doens't know what March 14th is, you need to inform her right now.

11. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Girls owe us a backlog of March 14ths. Boys have been doling out the goods for February 14ths for decades...

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Romance = dead.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I really don't mind all that much, but year, if you are ordering online last minute than you should expect a shipping increase. Just like how plane tickets are more expensive last minute.

We are doing our V-day on Saturday, which i'm sure a lot of people are doing. ALthough, i admit, it's not that much different than the usual "date nights" we have. Dress up, go out to a nice place, etc, etc. Only in this case there is gift, flowers and a card attached to it and a few other small surprises if i can think of some.

Actual V-day will be leisurely with a good home cooked meal.

14. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Looking forward to getting my back scratched and watching a All-star game.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Do the opposite of what the woman says...

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't do anything special for valentines day. My rational is that everyday should be like valentines day. It shouldn't take a day on a calendar to make me do something nice for the girls in my life.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

a gift is more appreciated when it's not expected.

18. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

19. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

Just celebrate it a day later and get all of your valentine's stuff 50-75% off from the clearance racks.

20. amaru

amaru Member

Man......I have a gf and she wants the whole V-Day thing.

Can't blow it off because if I do she won't blo....well you see where I'm going w/ this lol