1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's say no way to Valetine's Day!...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Feb 12, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's not the holiday we care about. It's the repercussions or rewards we get if we do/do not give gifts to our significant others.

I will get her something. I don't want to risk it. Plus, it's points ;)

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I still endorse this message.

3. Pushkin

Pushkin Member

I hope he doesn't fall for that old trick. I remember when my wife first told me that. I also remember what a grouch she was for the rest of that month because I didn't get her anything.

4. Eps

Eps Member

sucks for you.

5. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

What? I am not tricking him. I just think it is a manufactured holiday. Why can't he show me he loves me on a day other than V-day? I am pretty sure he will still get me flowers or something. I just want to know if I still should get him something if he actually cares about this holiday.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm sure he will be happy if you give him a "gift" only you can give him...wink wink...nudge nudge.

7. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Here's what I got my girl last year:

Clutch-Gram

Clutch came to her office, embarrassed the hell out of her, brought her some gifts and took some pictures with her.

Pugs

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Assuming you're telling the truth, then you're in the .000001% of ladies who aren't completely f***ing lying when they say they don't want anything for a given holiday. He doesn't care about the holiday. It's simply beaten into us men that we have to assume you women do care whether you say you do or not.

9. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Reeko, I like that plan! ;)

Leroy, is it hard to believe that at least one woman that doesn't care about V-day?

yes I cared about it in the past but now it's eh. I don't need him to be spending on $$$ on ridic gifts on V-day. Now, he can get me gifts on other days, I am good with that. I just don't want him to feel "forced" to give me something just because the society says so.

I truly don't care now.

10. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

How much did it range from?

11. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I think the final cost was a little over $300. They emailed me 5 or 6 pictures they took, gave her a lot of free stuff and spent about 20 minutes at her office. It was great because they got someone to ask her to come down and totally surprised her.

Pugs

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

Valentine's Day was orginally to commerate a saint, I don't believe in Saints. So right away I shouldn't celebrate. But given that it's original purpose was twisted by corporations and has become nothing more then capitalism on display, I really see no reason to celebrat it.

The trick is to date a Jehovah's witness. They don't celebrate Christmas, Valentine's Day, or their birthdays. No gifts!

13. no_answer

no_answer Member

I better get something or nobody is getting anything if you know what I mean ;)

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

No, you're thinking of March 14th, not February 14th........

I thought by getting married on 2/16, I could forget about V-day forever....but NOOOOOOO.....

My dream of combining V-day with our anniversary has never worked, so there's no reason to think it will this year.

15. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

My wife and I have always treated Valentine's Day as a low-key event. On our first Valentine's together (12 years ago), she cooked for me. No cards, no gifts, no going out. I do think it's a fun excuse to have a chef it up at home date night.

Now that my wife is a professional chef, she pretty much has to work every Valentine's anyways.

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Yep, it sucks to be single on V-Day...only b/c the way its marketed, it makes the single people think their alone and pathetic for not having someone to celebrate with...IMHO...

I was with someone last year and we did dinner and I got her something...just broke up with my g/f so I'll be solo for the first time in a while...may hit a bar and look for single chicks...

And yes, v-day is an overpriced, made up "holiday"...just say no

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Are you kidding me, Ms. Di?!?!?! :confused:

Why do you even have to MENTION that you want or DON'T WANT anything?

Just leave it alone... and he'll figure it out. If he wants to, he will give it. If you want to, you will accept it.

Or is it that you unconsciously do not want to give anything? Mmmm-hmmm???? :p

Yeap. That's a REAL LADY talking. :p

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Maybe if you used the word "their" properly you wouldn't have to worry about this.

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I would but over the years I'v become quite attached to my balls.

If I skipped Valentines day I might not wake up with them on the 15th.

20. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Better play it safe and get my gf something or else my fat ground hog won't have a place to play hide and seek.