1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

San Diego sucks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Indeed, you could rent a dumpster to sleep in and ride your bike to work each day.

King1 and Exiled like this.
  2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

It's a great place to visit, I have friends there but man it's massively overrated.

You gotta be mega balling to be able to live a high quality life.

Tons of buns everywhere and no personal space but also some amazing terrain and of course great things to do outside

Nook and El Chevere like this.
  3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Went there a few years ago and stayed at a fairly nice hotel. Every girl at the pool that could have been hot had lots of tattoos and ended up looking skanky. Went to a public beach and it was the same only less girls with good bodies.

4. El Chevere

El Chevere New Member

Yup...lower class prevails in SD, including the women....women in Miami absolutely blow away SD women—not even remotely close...sex roles reversed in SD—men are “soft”, women act like guys....you also have the hipster look (9 month ungroomed beards, tats, wallet chains) throughout half the county (from Pacific Beach down to the border...it’s like a glorified Whittier.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I went for a day once an really enjoyed it. Paradise like weather. I wish I could just enjoy a day at the beach and light a camp fire at night and look at the lights on the hill.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

man buns?

heypartner likes this.
  7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Just got back to Austin from there, meh. I liked the downtown Carlsbad area though. Used to live in LA much prefer it

Nook and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm heading out to SD in about 10 days. I always like it out there.

tinman, BigM, Ubiquitin and 1 other person like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

I've always liked Carlsbad, Cloudcroft, Ruidoso, the drive through Mescalero, etc...

tinman, Ubiquitin and whiskeyred like this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

some parts of san diego are very nice and blow away houston by comparison. its not a competition but fact to say that.

there are some very mediocre parts of san diego be sure but thats anywhere. it is true the eating out in southern california is pockets of good places and overall worse than southern usa eats. that appears to be fact as well

if you are going to " san diego" you also need to make sure to include la jolla , pacific beach, mission beach and the beach at coronado.

if you do you will not come out saying san diego sucks..no way

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

Had several friends more to San Diego after college. Only know a couple that are still there 20 years later. Their biggest complaint is the cost of living and taxes.

12. adoo

adoo Member

hit the golf courses. It is not called “the Titanium Coast” for nothing.

fwiw, both Bill Walton / Aaron Rogers own mansions in Del Mar

13. Buck Turgidson

Love to visit, but why live there? If I'm getting a 2nd house it's in the mountains or beach (warmer water, cheaper beach with better fishing)

tinman likes this.
  14. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Good seafood, Cali weed, great weather. I try to hit PB/MB at least a few times a year. Cant wait to get back.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

when i lived in pacific beach san diego I had people come visit me I havent seen since. funny how that works out.

live in armpit iowa and see who comes to see you.

people hear about "california girls" and the song so they come thinking they will find christie brinkley and blonde babes..
    what they find is fat nasty skanks from boston. the ratio of good women and hot women is bad in san diego. really really bad ...in that sense yes san diego sucks. i was really surprised lived in sd 6 years and the idea of southern belle is true and "california chick" is more lindsay lohan with veined out sickly coke nose.

so my couch surfing buddies come to sd and quickly realize 2 - 3 bars in by 11pm that the prospects for female interaction are a bearded chick from scranton and a linebacker from wisconsin named christina farley.

inevitably without fail they say "so how far is mexico? what is that like?"
    checks watch...umm its 11:17pm..
    i say " you want to go dude?you ready man? you got the balls to do this?"

i tell them "its about as far as it is to drive from downtown houston to katy..maybe closer..."

next thing you know we are in a car heading down. less than an hour later we are at hong kong bar watching the whipped cream and snake show.. i swear the place looks like venusville from total recall. im waiting for a midget with 3 tiddys to pop out.

so i had probably 8 -10 different buddies roll through and almost always ended in mexico.

some of these same degenerate guys ended up moving to san diego and tijuana became a weekend staple. i went over to tj sometimes ...but getting back on a sunday was a sh*tshow.

my buddies were such regulars they had prostitutes as facebook friends.one of them even had his own song at the brothel that the dj would play everytime he came in..like norms chair on cheers.

when you have your own song at the whorehouse.. i believe that is when you know youve truly made it

16. Buck Turgidson

I'm not judging, but the problem might have been with your buddies and not the City of San Diego.

malakas, adoo and Cokebabies like this.
  17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Same. Heading that way in a couple weeks myself.

tinman likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Waterfront park downtown > Herman park

19. Nook

Nook Member

You are my people.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I've always wanted to check San Diego out on vacation, but I get the feeling it would be like going to an XL Clear Lake City on the beach.