1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

That is fcking awesome.

I really thought Crenshaw would be this guy for Houston. Let’s explain our positions but be decent people.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and Genesis like this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I have no problem with it as long as they're qualified for the post. Can't say that about a majority of trumpybear's cabinet.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Jared Kushner gonna join the Biden administration?

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You guys are way too forgiven. Have you forgotten already how 99% of the Republicans either actively participated or stood silent while Trump and his minions assaulted, abused, denigrated his own citizens and especially illegal alien children by placing them in cages?

Silence is acquiescence. Deafening silence for nearly 4 years does not excuse despicable behavior.

Bring the feather and tar.

Nook, Reeko, Rashmon and 6 others like this.
  5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tightening!!!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Biden is not vetting any progressives because he doesn't want them in his cabinet which is absolute trash with how much Bernie Sanders is stumping for him to win. "This is what the country needs right now" is dumb.. ALL Republicans have been complicit in supporting and furthering the Trump agenda. None of them should get a seat at the table (if Biden wins) with the amount of bull they have gotten away with in the dismantling of democracy.

What this country needs is real progress. Republicans have been stonewalling the basic needs of their own people for decades. Republicans have been getting away with criminal acts to hold on to power. No Olive branch should be given. How many times are the dems going to get punched in the face before they learn their lesson?

its so stupid.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Name a qualified Republican that hasn't supported Trump up until a couple weeks ago when they saw he was in trouble. MOST republicans are corrupt, do-nothing, power hungry, fakes.

RayRay10, Reeko and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So now every republican is evil and every democrat is ok?

Its rhetoric like this that really makes me smh.

Should we just ship them all to alabama?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Whole bunch of military folks that I would presume are historically republican leaning. Guess we won't know until they win and nominate someone for something. It won't be one of the cultists. It'll be someone who hasn't been in the limelight and hasn't publicly supported trumpybear.

Plus, all I'm saying is that it's not necessarily a bad thing to nominate someone from the opposing party.

How do you even know who they're vetting? Feels like you're freaking out over something that hasn't even started to happen.

RayRay10 and ElPigto like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I will guarantee there will be no Progressives in the cabinet if Biden wins. Progressives will have no real power in a Biden administration. Save this to your notes.

#5311 DreamShook, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Name a good republican. I'll wait.

Now name a good Democrat/Progressive/Moderate.

People need to start identifying Republicans for who they are. Its okay to call a spade a spade.

RayRay10 and Reeko like this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Which progressives do you want to see in Biden's cabinet and for what positions?

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yep. Obama has a majority and even sat with a whole auditorium of Republicans town hall style to discuss the ACA and a public option. Got nowhere. Republicans have to be dragged kicking and screaming into providing what the rest of the modern world has taken as common sense for decades. Same stupid arguments against single payer today we heard for Medicare, Medicaid, and SS 60 years ago.

If Biden wins and the Dems get a majority I hope they railroad single payer through. Just like SS and Medicare once people actually have it they will fight tooth and nail to keep it.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Romney has opposed him for some things.

Plenty of corrupt Dems who have taken Wall St. and broke Tillman mob money. Schumer, bob Menendez... I wasn’t a fan of Kamala because she’s too cozy with Silly Valley. For a first term senator who might not even finish, not the best first impression...

I’m all for purging trump humpin, palin wailin Cons, but the country def needs two strong and LEGIT parties in order to be at its best.

RayRay10, jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ro Khanna - Sec of State

Elizabeth Warren (even though she backstabbed Bernie) - Anything to do with money

Tammy Duckworth
    - Veteran Affairs

Julian Castro - Housing, Homeland Security

Pramila Jayapal - Anything to do with Health

Barbara Lee - Secretary of Defense

Keith Ellison - Attorney General

You can put any Progressive anywhere and they will do a good Job really. Trump out here putting brain surgeons in housing positions. Anything is possible.

#5316 DreamShook, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Listen, for every bad Dem, you can name 100 trash Republicans. There are a bunch of bad democrats, but they are WAAAAAY better than any Republican. That's why I like to stick with progressives

Romney has a bunch of trash tendencies, lol.. pulling out a Romney is all anyone needs to know about saying there are GOOD Republicans, lol.

RayRay10, Reeko and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That doesn't mean you put people in positions where they might not succeed. I don't care what Trump has done, that's not a good go-by. I'm not disputing that some of these individuals may thrive, but I think it's best to put people in positions where they can succeed, after all if they succeed then we as a nation succeed.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I gave you a list of Progressives, stop focusing on the last sentence. The progressives I listed are more than qualified and would do a great job serving this country.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You're not going to get good candidates when those candidates are more worried about losing their spot to QAnon Karen in the primary than the rigged general election.

People will need to try harder to rebuild whatever tf Republicans are right now.

Having one sane party just doesn't work. It's going to suck if Biden turns into another compromising Obama while the Roberts court sucks us bone dry.

RayRay10 likes this.