1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Then what was the purpose of your last sentence? Go back and erase it if you don't want me to consider it as part of your post. I even said "I'm not disputing that some of these individuals may thrive".

I definitely think Warren would be great in a Treasury position, but I rather she stay in Senate, especially if Democrats are able to win a majority.

Duckworth seems like a great choice.

I don't have a problem with Castro, I remember he served well under Obama as Housing lead.

I would have to look into the rest.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Y'all talking about cabinet? We're really talking cabinet... cabinet?

[​IMG]

#5322 B-Bob, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    RayRay10, Nook, Ubiquitin and 3 others like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Exactly. Republicans have a trash base, which means they have to resort to trash politics to even get elected, which makes them trash politicians who talk about trash policies. which means Republicans are trash. That's what I said.

I don't remember what Republicans where before, and if they can ever get back to that, but I know what they are now, and they are garbage.

Democrats have a huge tent, you have conservatives and uber liberals within one party since Republicans have become nutjobs. These "good" republicans you guys think are out there are probably conservative (stupid) Dems like Joe Manchin. You can absolutely have ONE sane party if its the democratic party.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The people that know him best...

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well, you focused ONLY on the last sentence instead of commenting on any of the progressives I gave you. that's why I told you to stop focusing on it. Glad you like some of my choices.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's not bad PR to to remind people that some "very serious Republican officials" support and trust you when Trump and Giuiliani are trying to run "But Hunter's laptops" smears on you.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Beats me. This is their own doing. They take in Koch funded think tanks, pick federal judges from Koch funded Federalist Society. Want to roll back everything that happened in the 70s.

I think we have to take care of our debt. Roll back our military so it doesn't cost us a trillion/year from cradle to grave. Roll back the domestic surveillance and intelligence industry. Encourage people to be more self responsible and enterprising.

I think both parties support the last one in their own ways..., but neither party does the first three.

All fiscal conservatism means right here, right now is more tax breaks/rebates with slash and burn regulation. There's no regard for moral hazard or the deficit (when they're in control). They're like greedy little demons raised by spaced out Karens trying to get away with murder at every opportunity.

Nook likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Obama did all that "reaching across the aisle" bullsh*t and got ZERO republican votes for the ACA while he "compromised" and gutted the Public Options

After all that Republican handshaking from Obama, EVERY republican dragged the ACA (that benefited many of their constituencies) through the mud in there own home districts. Obama and the dems preceded to lose 1 million seat in the House and Senate.

This was BEFORE Trump. These MFers are not your friends.

#5328 DreamShook, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Nook, Junebball, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

"Good" Republicans vote with Trump 99% of the time. Now, that's the good.

DreamShook and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well progressives believe in rolling back the military (and use the money to fund other government programs) and surveillance. The debt is a myth run up by Republicans as a talking point. Look how easy it is for Republicans to give tax breaks to the rich. Look how easy it was to cut a check to every citizen and business when COVID hit.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is good to see. It reminds me of when Will Hurd and Beto O'Rourke drove to DC from TX.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody can do that because nobody knows all qualified Republicans.

Have you forgot the never Trumpers who have stayed that way?

i got one, Michael Steele former GOP chair.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Where are you getting this 99%?

Have you forgotten the never Trumpers or the people involved in the Lincoln project?

This why we can't have nice things everybody wants a pound of flesh.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Michael Steele.

Nicole Wallace

John Kasich

I can go on but you said none.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And how do you know they will not get positions?

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most likely any Republican that ends up in a Biden Cabinet or other high appointed position will not be one currently in office and most definitely not someone that served in the Trump Administration.

A few names I can think of are:
    John Kasich - I could see Biden offering him a cabinet position but might not accept as he might still have aspirations for another run at elected office.
    Will Hurd - There was already talk of him becoming CIA Chief at some point.
    Tom Ridge - The first Homeland Security and could see him being offered that again.
    Jeff Flake - Another who could be offered a position but might not accept
    Christie Todd Whitman - Like Ridge another person with both cabinet experience and was a governor.
    Susan Molinari - Former NY US Rep. Not as big a name as others but she did speak for Biden at the DNC.
    Charlie Dent - Former PA US Rep.
    Charlie Baker - Current MA Governor
    Meg Whitman - Former HP CEO and unsuccessful run for CA Governor but an early Republican Biden backer.

Apparently some of the these are the names already being considered.
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/10...et-positions-massachusetts-gov-charlie-baker/

Rashmon and jiggyfly like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I was thinking of a lot of those names.

Its sad that a certain subset of the democratic party wants blood.

I predict the biggest issue Biden is gonna have is from a section of progressives and they will be amplified by the Fox news type media.

You also have the Shaun King type progressives that are gonna monetize how much louder they can criticize Biden and the evil moderates, everything he does will be not enough and controlled by corporate interest.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

no you weren't.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Flake and Dent voted with Trump 80-90+% of the time.

Reeko likes this.