1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Professor Jessica Krug admits she lied about being black: ‘I cancel myself’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Sep 4, 2020.

?

It doesn't matter if you are black or white

1. it matters if you are not black and say you are black

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. it matters if you are white and you lie that you are black

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I thought this was the other Toure but I agree with a lot of what he was saying people would not be doing this type of stuff if there was not an audience and enrichment.

His point about Obama and academia was to point out how the narrative around his upbringing was one of highlighting the stereotypical bad aspects of his life and commending him on how far he had come but ignoring the great foundation he had that a lot don't.

The magical negro.

I don't know where the authors upbringing would fit into that.

It was an interesting article don't know how O's found it in his feed.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I didn't notice it at the time but yeah, they did try to play it as a wedge issue ala gay marriage amendment in 2012...

The right's "fear" and "victimhood" was deeply overblown. It's like saying you don't feel comfortable pissing in the same area as homosexuals because they'll go buck wild and start humping your leg w/o a moment's notice.

It was more anxiety over current social norms than a full fledged security/safety issue.

Then again making "people feel safe" was also why Dems pushed the trans issue so hard....

As usual, Liberals were also pulled on the other side because if they didn't push for more tolerance, then their "woke creds" would be revoked with the HYPOCRISSSYYYYYY brand.

That's what a two party system does to debates, I guess.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  3. droxford

droxford Member

If society is supposed to accept as "female" a person with a penis who "identifies" as being a woman,

isn't society supposed to accept as "black" a person who is white, but "identifies" as a black person?

Where do you draw the line?

Astrodome and tinman like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

michael jackson said it doesn't matter if you are black or white
    not if you think you are black and you are white
    @Reeko @Os Trigonum

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. droxford

droxford Member

If it doesn't matter if we're black or white, then why is the NFL going to have the "black national anthem" performed before the National Anthem? Doesn't the National Anthem represent every American?

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

What about the people who aren’t black or white ?

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. droxford

droxford Member

That's what I'm asking - doesn't our national anthem represent people who aren't black or white?

tinman likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sorry to bump late. I wanted to say I'm surprised at how easily the media just says she is 'white' after the tortuous explanation of her being 'not black.' From what she says, she's Jewish, and from the look of her I would guess her ancestry was more Sephardic than Ashkenazi. Jews get to experience their own special form of discrimination. I don't need to split hairs and preserve the white race or anything, but I wouldn't have categorized this person as 'white' except perhaps on a government survey that didn't have any entry for Semitic peoples. Is she appropriating whiteness now?

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.