1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/31/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 30, 2020.

1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Paul knows it too, that's why he stared his b**** ass down at the FT line. Tell me I'm lying?

2. Nook

Nook Member

A loss in game 7 and there is zero chance TF brings MDA back. TF already wants another coach and Morey wouldn’t fight to keep him anymore. The Rockets have made to many mistakes this series that point to coaching issues.

The Rockets cannot rebuild and it is one of the major reasons that Morey didn’t want bro make the Paul deal. The Rockets gave up too much in future picks to rebuild. The Rockets would have to bottom out to compel a rebuild.

Morey’s job is probably safe because he didn’t push for the WB trade, that was a decision made by TF.

A loss in the first round and Morey will push for a more detail oriented coach.

Deuce, baller4life315 and HP3 like this.
  3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Why the hell is Gordon playing the number of minutes he is? There are too many times where he can't make a shot or he does something dumb. I honestly believe he shouldn't be out there all that long. McLemore is one of our best shooters, he can't even get in the game. I feel we would have won this series already if Gordon barely played any of this series..... and I don't care if he played well last game. Performing once out of 6 games is not good enough. I feel we're a better team without Gordon.

People can keep blaming Harden all they want, but Westbrook had 15 shots tonight and only scored 17 points... especially when he's just attacking the basket. He should be getting a minimum of 10 free throws when you attack the paint that much. Gordon had 12 shots and only scored 9 points. Tucker had 8 shots and only scored 9 points. The list goes on.

People are obviously going to blame Harden if we lose this series, but he's literally the only one who's performed in every game. House and Green have done well in the majority of the other games. But everyone else has underperformed or been inconsistent.

bilaal14 likes this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yep, but ppl are going to defend him to the death. ‘‘Tis life.

Im still waiting on him to take a teams heart and will his team to victory in meaningful games instead of getting his 3pt shot blocked by super washed Ginobli.

forchette49 and bmelo like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With WB potentially leaving this will deal a blow to Harden, he might not recover from in the playoffs.

Crystal ball.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Harden a +6 in 39 minutes

Rockets -10 in the 9 minutes he sat.

The trend continues. Can’t do a damn thing with him off the floor.

bro2044, ak99999, bilaal14 and 3 others like this.
  7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We're not going to beat the Lakers regardless if we make it or not. We're not getting any free throws compared to the other teams. OKC has had more free throws than us in every single game so far. The free throw difference has decided their games so far. How the hell does a team who averages a lot of free throws in the regular season barely get any in this series so far?

ak99999 and daywalker02 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

WB is not the WB we know from February.

Lakers gonna laugh.

9. omgTHEpotential

Didn't watch this game live, but judging from the boxscore, Harden was the only saving grace for the Rockets. Why are people constantly blaming him? He seems to be doing his part.

bilaal14 likes this.
  10. forchette49

Hoping for MDA to not come back, not entirely his fault, even though the game has passed him by. We just don't have the personnel, plain and simple. I still would make the Westbrook trade every time. This is another former league MVP we're talking about here, a walking triple double, at least on the Thunder. You make that trade with CP3 being 36 with his injury history, any day of the week. Westbrook gets hurt, comes back playing like ish, not his season.

This team is snakebit, for what reason, I'll never know. Most likely locker room, Covid stuff. Above my pay grade for sure is all I know. Definite bad blood and hostility there though despite what @Nook says however.

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

Because he can play basketball but can’t control the game. Its not art to take over every possesion of the ball through the game and inflate your stats... the art is to involve others and when they hit a scrub wall in tough moments then you should take over. Look at the Kawhi vs Dallas in g6 when Mavs made a run and tied it with momentum all on their side

bro2044, ak99999 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

The Lakers series is a completely different series. The Lakers are a completely different team and scenario. If the Rockets win game 7 then I would caution assuming the Rockets struggles will be the same against LA.

The problem is I don’t have a lot of confidence in game 7. The Rockets have let the Thunder hang around and have given the Thunder 3 free wins this series... the OT game, and the last two where they have played very poorly late in the fourth.... the Rockets could be 5-1 or 6-0 in this series... but for as brilliant as Harden has been, he hasn’t put the Thunder away late in games... the defense has been inconsistent, in large part because Gordon has been garbage on defense.

The Thunder should have one blow out game in a series... they have not had that yet, my guess is that it is game 7.

desihooper and tinman like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Problem with boxscore, it doesn't show that he wasn't too stellar in the 4th.

He had a smart defensive play by coming from behind and throwing the ball at Gallo to go off bounds for the inbound ball.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Nvm

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. forchette49

Westbrook can't even hit his FTs now though, why would he continue to attack the basket?

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

https://stats.nba.com/game/00419001...ge=21600&EndRange=28800&sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1

In the 4th quarter Harden played 10:34 and was a +3

In the 4th quarter Westbrook played 8:58 and was a -11

The disrespect Harden gets on this site is comical.

dawesome and HP3 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

forchette49 likes this.
  18. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I'll reserve my comments after Game 7.

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. forchette49

Why? The outcome is obvious despite the final score.

bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

hakeem94 likes this.