1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 8/31/2020 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 30, 2020.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I'm so happy I fell asleep and didn't watch this game.

This is setting up for an absolutely epic game 7 choke job. We blown all three losses, and blown them out all three wins. I can easily see OKC winning game 7 in the same fashion by a point or 2 with some clutch late game shots.

I really can't believe this is where we are right now.

ronclone, bmelo, ak99999 and 7 others like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's easy to get into Brodie's head, ask Damian.

Once JH is mentally checked out, it's Sayonara.

The more interesting thing is the Bucks lost, a possible step towards Giannis leaving.

bmelo, hakeem94, saleem and 2 others like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

Ow yeah the passing, careless one handed ones, cannot afford those.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Westbrook took all the blame in his presser. Pretty much owning up to it

Mazulis, ak99999, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Nah it is a "home" game, the Rockets will win

RayRay10 and daywalker02 like this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

in the 6 games, whoever has won the bench battle has won the game. Austin Rivers has been woeful

ak99999 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is the outspoken and honest one.

He has heart just doesn't know how to execute smartly.

Mazulis, bmelo, ak99999 and 4 others like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's one of those costly wins with Russ getting ejected. And possible suspension in sight.

The future narrative.

9. the shark

the shark Member

I find it comical that people come on here spewing what Harden is averaging per game.

James is going to get his stats.

Great players show up at crunch time during the playoffs (four minutes left in the game) and unfortunately Harden has too many games (in the playoffs) where he just flops.

The great ones find a way to get it done more so than not.

One of his biggest problems (and you could say this about the entire team) is they take WAY too many bad shots.

Of course other teams are going to try and take the ball out of the great ones hands and you need a few of the supporting cast to step up in order to go deep in the playoffs (hopefully to win it all). They did it to Jordan, Kobe, Hakeem, Bird, Thomas, and countless other great ones but they still (more so than not) got it done during crunch time.

bmelo, ak99999 and joshuaao like this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Guy posts a Tracy Mcgrady video to show how superstars get things done in the playoffs. I mean people have lost their ****ing mind.

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We might of lost this series when we lost game 4 smh.

And the biggest takeaway is how OKC has taken our confidence and “swag” away.

Players confidence are down team morale is down seems like.

And MDA is getting out coached.

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This 1000%

ITS THE EASY SHOTS MAN...those players don’t have to over exert themselves to get the shot they want and waste a lot of energy.

Harden has to work double and ends up either shooting a 3 or driving to the basket where he gets mugged every time.

But to his defense that is a system issue it isn’t MDA system to post up harden and put him on the low block and let him go to work.

Harden could be a midrange monster but this system doesn’t allow it.

I really loved the one play where harden did post up Schroeder I believe and just worked him for a easy bank shot I think it was. But it was a thing of beauty.

13. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

who is game 7 refs? Officials wants to help Lakers to consumers rockets power

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Just need to clean it up a bit to advance. Hopefully the extended layoff screws up the Lakers rhythm

Hakeemtheking and BigShasta like this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

the thunder were the last team that i wanted to play in the first round because i knew that if we lost it would destroy this team's legacy, harden and westbrook.

i really don't know what to say at this point, but its the first time i've felt like quitting on this team, also on the NBA. i don't feel like the reffing has been fair in this series. i feel like the league wanted this series to go to at least game 6 to make more money. They wanted to have westbrook come back to face paul and the thunder, its good for ratings, more comercials, more money. Even with our chokes in game 3 and 4, i do feel that we aren't officiated fairly. They just let the thunder foul us while we aren't officiated the same way on the other end. Its a suttle thing that makes a big difference.

i also realize that our cheap owner has cost us too. One more rotational player in jerami grant would have made a big difference in this series. i never thought that Ben Mac was good enough as a rotational player in the playoffs and there he is on the bench.

that said, its pretty heartbreaking knowing that wednesday could be the last game that i see PJ tucker suit up for the rockets. How can this team recover if we get beat by CP3. Even with the refs and our cheap owner harden and westbrook gave this game away with the turnovers. I guess you can say that westbrook is coming back from injury and getting his timing back, but it is what it is. You can't expect jeff green to play like a borderline all star all series, he's getting paid the minimum. its up to the stars to come through and it breaks my heart to see harden not come through again. We had a six point lead and he misses his stepback and then CP3 hits two threes.

If we lose tomorrow, will their be any point in watching anymore?

They let Schroeder play defense on harden with his hands out touching him, and harden knows that he may flop. They let Dort do those little fouls he does, but when CP3 flops around after creating contact he gets the call? When gordon does the same thing, he doesn't get the call? There are plenty of calls that we don't get and its hard for me to believe that the refs don't see it. They let CP3 walk on ppl and let the thunder do nut shots.

i aint blaming it all on the refs, but somehow i just get the feeling that i'm just watching a rigged entertainment machine that's bulit to make money, make the game close in the end, keep ppl glued to the TV, so ppl can watch commercials....is it worth my time?

They wanted a game 6 or 7 and now they got it. and now the rockets are on the ledge.

16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I am all about raining 3's, but when you have a 5-7 point lead with 3 mins left YOU DON'T NEED TO KEEP JACKING LONG THREE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All you need is a damn bucket. James is great at the mid-range 2, just ****ing take it for Christ sake...

pahiyas, ak99999, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  17. haiti_king

haiti_king Member

that's easily explained, the free throw discrepancy is what has kept OKC in it!

ak99999, BigShasta and RayRay10 like this.
  18. csc177

csc177 Member

See, I’ve read this book too many times...(we all have) and I know how the story ends.

I don’t think we get out the first round. Harden will be forever remembered by this series and the ones previously where he failed to get it done.

He’s a multimillionaire thigh, he’ll be okay.

19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Something doesn’t add up

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It was a disaster ! We’re on the verge of elimination. OKC has all the momentum. Closing out is the hardest thing for the Rockets, unfortunately.