1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

James Harden is quietly having his best playoff run as a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenVolumeOne, Aug 25, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

To annoy you.

T for 3 likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah because CP3 and Russ weren’t allowed to take mid range shots right?

This team knows how to use what it’s got. Howard didn’t want it. CP3 got fat and lazy. Westbrook took it and ran with it, was lighting it up before the bubble- MVP numbers over two months.

It’s good to have a little nuance.

Deckard, harold bingo and HP3 like this.
  3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Depends on what we can get out of Westbrook.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Man....you just rely on your eye tests so much how about actually giving stats to back up anything you say for once.

5. fchowd0311

I'm math illiterate.

6. Caprah

Caprah Member

Atleast you admit you only show up after losses to troll

topfive likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

First accurate thing you've said in this entire thread.

Deckard likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Man...was it crime for me to actually ask you to back up your posting with substance...was that so wrong....I dont think this warranted a sarcastic response from you but whatever fine.

9. fchowd0311

I think asking for one when I've repeatedly shown examples and data to back up my claim in the past few years warrants one. Also there is still immense value in the eye test. The eye test shows me and many other rocket fans here that Harden has severe flaws in tight close games at the end where if he doesn't get calls his way or misses two in a row he starts sulking instead of hustling and does his slow walk routine around the court when the team needs a shot of energy.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Where are examples of you using said data??? There is value in the eye test for people who know the game of basketball and even then those people don't solely rely on it either. I'm sorry but I dont consider you credentialed enough for that(you don't post like @heypartner or @foggy94 where they give examples of plays and explain them). Yea Harden didnt play well in the 4th, he messed up, but we also were winning anytime he was on the court. The problem this series has been because we are losing the minutes Harden sits. And why are you so focused about moments in the 4th quarter offensively? Why are you not concerned about the fact that we gave up 117 points to this OKC team. Our offense was fine, we scored good enough to win. We should be more concerned about the defense.

Patience, D-rock and foggy94 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

I don't have any credentials for basketball knowledge. I played it at rec leagues in grade school and at the intermural level at college. That's it. Base my opinions on the content, not whether I'm an expert because 99% of this forum does not consist of experts but fans like myself. I don't know why you are singling me out as not an expert.u less of I am skipping up in memory and once claimed I'm an expert?

12. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean you don't have a posting history of breaking down plays or providing stats, that's what I mean by that(perhaps credentialed was poor wording). You don't need to be an expert. I donno, I guess I won't quote you as much then, it's just you are always singularly blaming Harden in a lot of your posts. I'm just trying to reason with you that your analysis can be better.

D-rock likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Why don't you reply to my posts that don't have to do with Harden. Then I can get my post count up with those topics. Just look at recent activity.

14. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

none of those stats matter

only stat that matters is the series is tied 2-2

let's win games 5 and 6

close this out

Deckard likes this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Too bad all this is overlooked and Harden continues to be labeled as a choker if he doesn't get more help.

Dantoni needs to give him more rest. Harden is not in his 20s anymore, stop playing him close to 45 minutes a game. He's never known to have that kind of stamina. Let Austin Rivers take over a bit so Harden can be fresher in crunch time so he won't make as many boneheaded decisions.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

I have before, have I not? Also a lot of your posts are about Harden.

D-rock likes this.
  17. payaso

payaso Member

"I got a fevah... and the only cure is more WESTBROOK.."

Deckard likes this.
  18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You are a miserable person

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just like Russ is right?

Or CP3 was right?

Or exactly how Dwight was used?

You are just like your hero, you love fear mongering and spreading lies.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You do a good job.

But seriously, you obviously hate this team so why are you here?