1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Please don't play the victim here. Before your flippant remark, I had never said two words to you.

I haven't mocked your cherry-picked stats, your spread sheets, or your ridiculous assertion that it's safe to resume normal activities now in Texas. I've simply scrolled on.

If you want to be an optimist and ignore science that's fine, but you don't have to be rude in the process.

What happened in Austin is completely irrelevant. Sure, being densely packed is going to put people at a higher risk of catching the virus, that we can agree on. But adding an irritant to the mix gives the virus an easier route to take hold and a much easier path to replicate. It's a no-brainer and if you don't believe me, believe the research.

Now, unlike those quoted in the article, I am not a medical expert. Maybe we'll find that this virus doesn't like pepper spray or tear gas. But I wouldn't bet on it if I were you.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

The police are no longer allowed to shoot bullets in Washington DC, so instead, they are shooting Wizards. And the BLM movement approves.

Nook, B-Bob, Invisible Fan and 2 others like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

their best officer, special agent 0, is unhappy.

PhiSlammaJamma likes this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I wasn't playing a victim and I'm not trying to fight. I was just trying to keep things not negative. I have a different opinion based on data I see. I thought that was conveyed in my post. I've never ignored science. You can see that based off my posts in this very long thread that I have only tried to promote science over emotion and fear.

Hope you are doing alright and hope you have a great weekend.

B-Bob and Astrodome like this.
  5. Asian Sensation

backwardhead likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Your data is skewed towards the outcome and message you want/ hope to occur -- you may not intend that but the end result remains biased. If you are going to dedicate time to this use a larger data set with less bias so you can be confident in the results.

Nook, NotInMyHouse and backwardhead like this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

If this doesn't push Beal outta Washington, nothing will. :D

B-Bob and PhiSlammaJamma like this.
  9. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

why? The army saw it significant enough (increase acute respiratory illness) to change and limit exposure. Clearly they didn’t take it as an extreme outliner.

11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

That's been my impression as well. I can't fault him for tracking the data though.

Nook likes this.
  12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Has China lifted their 100 million people quarantine yet? Last news report I can find on Google that covered it was May 20th.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What impact does it have on public health compared to large gatherings of people crowded next to each other all over the nation?

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

We have know for decades how lethal tear gas is. Go revisit the Waco incident.

Im not trying to discount Floyds death, but the idea of police brutality and the militarization of the police is large used against the black population is misleading. Our government is actively using chemical weapons against its own population as a first line of defense. Im not suggesting our government is actively trying to create a tyranny, but just for the fact for decades we allow these politicans to turn a blind eye to this kind of activity and allow uncheck privacy laws be violated should be very concerning.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

damn, there was worldstar moment up in this beyotch.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tear gas is bad in long term doses. HK protestors know it has traces of cyanide, worse if it's about to expire.

It's so bad that when Murray tweeted about it, Ferntits Broke down and cried all the way to the bank.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

d&d stuff so I won’t get into it here but absolutely agree on the latter point. Lincoln project ramped up 10x in directness and intensity afterward.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

With the complete lack of social distancing at outdoor venues, beaches and protests, I suspect we will be seeing an explosion of cases in Houston in the next two weeks. Hope I’m wrong but lots of people have gone from total isolation to pretending like the virus never existed.

Sajan likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Coronavirus memorial coins are now available...

[​IMG]

Nook, FrontRunner, robbie380 and 3 others like this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

its a huge American experiment on outdoor transmission, and we’ll know a lot more in about ten days. Would be great to learn/prove that outdoor transmission is difficult. Closely packed screaming and mouth-breathing people would pretty much prove it either way.

robbie380 and Amiga like this.