1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Because of our Christian race

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 1, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Pretty well composed song actually. Nice. Very good for a laugh.

2. biff17

biff17 Member

It's obvious you did not read the story, she's planned her reasoning very well and why she changed her beliefs.

It could totally be talent she gave a logical reason for doing so.

3. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Yes I read the story. She re-examined the Bible and talked to her pastor and low and behold it doesn’t say blacks and whites can’t date.

Again. If you are so devout to a religion that you base decisions on your business on it you should know the religion you love so much, not project your beliefs on your god.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All religion is bad.

DD

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

While I tend to agree to a degree, because every religion can and has been used for bad purposes, I'm not nearly an absolutist.

Religion can and has served many people in a positive manner while providing the inner solace they are unable to attain for themselves. If the teachings of Jesus, Buddha, or whomever keeps my neighbor from stealing my dog, I'm okay with that...

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tell that to Yoda

[​IMG]

JuanValdez likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I feel that way at times, but we don’t really know that person, so it’s not definite to put a label on what they think or don’t think.

This is our new online culture, to be pulled into directions based upon our social circle’s injustices while amplified with our own scarred experiences.

That couple was Christian and was ready to declare forgiveness. I’m sure the lesson gained from shutting down their fb business page was enough for someone to think twice. If they didn’t really learn, the internet neither forgives nor forgets.

The thing that caused this and turns both sides away is still the answer. More personal experiences where people are allowed to **** up w/o permanent injury and a constant need for them to get along and know each other.