1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eatin crow and lovin it ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Whenever Plowman posts nowadays there's always at least one jerkoff response, some foolishness similar in tone: "How dare you still open threads" and "your agenda".

Didn't think you'd be the one to write it, malakas.

People should actually read the post ("agenda": trying to stay positive?) and let the past be the past.

The only thing I can accuse my friend Plowman of is having a major man-crush on Donatas Motiejunas. Like, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaajor. :)

2. malakas

malakas Member

sorry i don't respect anyone who has repeatedly faked to be an insider or makes posts like " I will post my opinion when the thread gets going".
    But to each their own.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yeah, but most of us regulars have already seen your take on plowman many times over. Why keep entering his threads to tell us again? That's what we don't get.

"But to each their own." :)

4. malakas

malakas Member

ok I won't do it anymore. Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  5. alethios

alethios Member

Let's ask the Magic 8-ball...

[​IMG]

6. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

I'm #TeamPlow. Thanks for this, man. I needed this. If Charles James, a special teamer, could come in and charge up the Texans, I would hope D Mo could do the same for the Rockets considering he plays with just as much heart and has a much bigger role.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Says the guy who led a three-year campaign to fire the head coach. . . . That was 685 pages of sunshine and joy, wasn't it?

8. alethios

alethios Member

I just hope it's not a prone position.

9. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Isn't the point of contention that the OP promised to leave the board if the Rockets didn't trade for one of the four enumerated PGs, and then welshed on his promise when the trade never materialized?

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

#SOOOOOOOOOON

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If DMo can turn this team around, he should replace H&H as the "cornerstone" of the team.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

.... Hot Pursuit

[​IMG]

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I totally agree! I'm like wtf, not this guy again! :rolleyes:

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Isn't everything speculation? Aren't you in of yourself just a speculation of social constructions that have become a fabrication into how you live each day? Can you really manifest who you are with factual detail? Can we be certain that even these facts aren't a form of speculation?

No. He has no source.

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Save the crow eat the beaver, I will return after that kicks off

16. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

As inexplicable as the losses look to me compared to my pre-season expectations, I could just as easily see a scenario where they go on an equally bizarre surge to get back into the thick of the Western conference race.

Basically, I'm saying who the F knows. We should be better, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got better... a lot better.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We have 7 home losses in November alone. You might remember me as the bbs's biggest proponent of the Riley Stat (Home Losses vs Road Wins). With our 7 home losses in our first month, we indeed would have to have a "bizarre surge".

It is very hard to get a good seed with more than 11 home losses for the entire season. In the last 5 seasons, only one team in the West has gotten a top 5 seed with more than 11 home losses. And to do that, we'd have to break the Rockets franchise record for Road Wins that we set last year. And I think no one has gotten a top 5 seed with more than 13 home losses dating back a decade.

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

you made the perfect thread for this below:

New Orleans Pelicans 101, Houston Rockets 108: The Disappointment Bowl – Brought to you by the Western Conference
    by MITCHELL FELKER | DECEMBER 3, 2015 at 01:40 AM
    ESPN’s Summer Forecast series is one of the more accurate NBA preseason predictors out there, but it’s been miles off on the Houston Rockets and New Orleans Pelicans so far in the young season. Where Houston was predicted to be the 3-seed at 56-26, the Pelicans were supposed to go 47-35, good for the 7-seed.
    The two are a combined 12-26.
    Personally, I never saw the jump in the Pelicans that a lot of other people were predicting. Anthony Davis, sure, but the team as a whole seemed stale and limited to me. By my eyes, the Brow going supernova was the only thing that was going to take this team to another level.
    On the other hand, the Rockets have been a massive disappointment on all levels. James Harden has regressed from last season when he was one of the 3-4 best players in the whole league. Dwight Howard still wreaks havoc around the rim, but it seems completely isolated from the rest of a very mediocre defense. And, most notably, Ty Lawson has failed to even approach his near-All Star level from his Denver days.
    The Rockets play down to their competition against bad teams, and fail to match the play-to-play intensity when facing good teams. They give away big leads and have continued a years-long habit of failing to close the door at the end of games. They never seem in control, even when winning, and don’t seem to have a Plan B when their shots aren’t falling.
    But all that seemed a little different tonight. Not cured by any means, just in remission. There were no huge runs by the ‘Cans, nor ice cold streaks by the Rockets. And even when Houston fell behind by 14 in the second, you could feel that Houston was the better team. Now, granted, they’re playing at home against a 4-15 team, so it should feel that way. But it’s a 4-15 team with a space alien on their roster.
    (Quick tangent: It’s not exactly Allen Iverson sizing up MJ in that changing of the guards sense, but anytime Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard isolated on each other, I sat up a little. Nothing much ever happened, and Davis won the night, but it was interesting to see how they measure up to each other at this point in their careers.)
    As precarious as a Rockets game usually is, this one was comfortable, if not easy. It had a chance to go sour early, but Terrence Jones (15 pts, 4 reb) came out focused and played hard. Clyde the Glide credited it to Clint Capela’s continued presence in the starting lineup, but I thought it had as much to do with him facing Anthony Davis, his former Kentucky teammate. He just seemed more aggressive when facing the Brow. He normally drifts for stretches, but tonight he shot the three with confidence when he was open, attacked the basket out of the high-post and ran the court harder than anyone.
    Davis was the star of the night though, putting up 29 points, 13 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks. People talk about Kevin Durant’s athleticism at almost seven feet tall, but Davis is even smoother. If anyone ever needed to lock himself in the gym with Hakeem Olajuwon, it’s him. He’s the first big man that moves as silky as the Dream did.
    Unfortunately for Davis, and the Pelicans, Ryan Anderson was the only help that showed up. He finished with 19 and 10, but as soon as the Rockets went to a four-guard lineup, Anderson was toast. He couldn’t guard all the switches Houston was running on offense and Harden tucked the game away.
    It’s a real shame the other pieces New Orleans has put around Davis. They had a real chance to build something special around him and every move they’ve made has been generic and a bust. I could see them being a player for Terrence Jones this offseason.
    James Harden frustrated early on. He looked passive and struggled in the first, shooting 1-6 from the floor. But as the game wore on, he stopped coasting and put the pedal down. It almost seemed as if he knew he was going to play too many minutes (despite his recent protests) and was taking it easy at first. Late in the third, he flipped the switch and started running more in transition, poking at balls on defense and even had a weak-side block in fourth quarter. He finished with 24-10-6.
    The rest of the Rockets fell in line with Harden and Jones. Corey Brewer (14), Trevor Ariza (13) and Patrick Beverley (10) all scored in double digits. Dwight Howard on took 6 shots, but had 15 rebounds (5 offensive) and three blocks. Ty Lawson had 12 points and 6 assists and looked solid. He didn’t stand out, but that kind of production is just fine at this point in the season as he’s still figuring things out.
    So it was a ho-hum win against a bad team and not much else. But there hasn’t been much ho-hum this season, so we’ll take it. If the Rockets can just get back to beating the teams that can’t match them in talent, they’ll be in the playoffs. The team chemistry will only continue to get better as the roster figures itself out. And help is on the way, because Donatas Motiejunas is finally cleared to practice. For someone who might be the third or fourth best player on the team, this probably doesn’t get enough notice.
    It’ll be weeks before he rounds into shape, but that should be just in time for the back stretch. Hopefully the rest of the team will be humming by then too.

19. Kash

Kash Member

The Rockets are unmotivated this year. it's embarrasing to watch. Harden doesn't play defense; however, in his defense, when you play all those minutes and shoulder all of the burden on offense, it's physically impossible. The Lawson trade was suppose to bring relief, but it's been a huge detriment.

I just don't see how this poor shooting team--who doesn't shoot well and constantly turns the ball over--can make a serious run.

20. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I think it is highly dependent on whether or not we are...
    1) Not very good
    2) Losing for a reason we don't understand

If it is the first one, then we're screwed and I completely agree with you.

If it is the second one, then I think you can throw all stats out the window, and let the other Rockets truism be our rule... which is we always make it a lot harder than it should be.