1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Make the most boring possible description of your favorite movie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 16, 2020.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Esteemed physician dissects live humans and cooks them into 6 course meals. Proceeds to serve meals to friends and drink wine.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Western town gets a new sheriff but no stinkin badges are needed. Everyone learns to value diversity and some fourth walls are broken.

3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

After a memorable trip to a French beach a band of guys take a stroll through the French countryside looking for Matt Damon.

4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Some really buff Greek guys who like show off their nipples rumble with a bunch of Iranian dudes in a ravine.

Invisible Fan, IBTL, runamok and 2 others like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I appreciate your effort, but while I can certainly be wrong (and I probably am), I suspect that you have a disinclination to enjoy fiction in general, or perhaps science fiction in particular, unless it's an action and/or horror film, like Star Wars and Alien. My nephew is that way. When it comes to literature, he inhales nonfiction magazines, but not fiction in any form.

It drives my sister crazy. She has an advanced degree in English Literature, and after retiring from teaching she created a new career writing romance novels and is quite successful doing it. She tried everything imaginable to get her son to read fiction while he was growing up and failed completely. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I have good friends that are the same way. If we were all liked the same thing, the world would be a very boring place.

It's not like my nephew lacks imagination. He works for NASA producing a variety of graphics they use on everything from rockets to buildings to what people put on their walls, but he just doesn't read fiction. Movies? He leans more towards action films, with a particular love of anything involving racing, whether it's something like the classic McQueen flick Bullitt, or the recent Ford versus Ferrari, but is also crazy about the Star Wars and Star Trek films. He did like Blade Runner and the sequel. See? Everyone is different and can be hard to pigeonhole. We can all share similar traits, but still be different in a host of ways. Hey, I enjoyed writing all this. I hope it wasn't too boring for you. ;-)

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

[​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Off duty cop inspects construction in office tower while Europeans make bank withdrawal.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Soldier takes a boat upriver to meet lost commander enjoying Vietnamese and Cambodian culture along the way.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Very sizzling stuff, but she doesn't lean towards BDSM. ;-)

10. STR8Thugg

It's actually quite boring. Read my plot description on page 4.

Deckard likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, my sister thought so. I haven't read them, not that I'm a prude, especially back in the past. The '60's and '70's were a crazy time for me. Life can sometimes seem as strange as fiction when you're in the middle of living it.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Blonde makes noises and fakes it.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

high school boy and unmarried older man travel through time in a car that was built by a convicted cocaine trafficker.

14. Buck Turgidson

Salty fisherman needs bigger boat.

Rashmon and FrontRunner like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Mel Gibson makes generic, historically inaccurate movie. (this could work for 4 or 5 of his)

malakas and jo mama like this.
  16. jo mama

a bouncer with a PHD in philosophy encounters more trouble than he expected in a small town while wooing the local doctor and f***ing her on the roof of the barn he is living in.

17. jo mama

the other funny thing is that in so many of his movies his wife/girlfriend is either killed or already dead - braveheart, lethal weapon, the patriot, signs.

you could use this for any of the above...

violent anti-semite loses his wife and his sanity...goes on rampage.

18. Buck Turgidson

Simple man enjoying a cocktail now needs his rug replaced.

Invisible Fan and jo mama like this.
  19. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Owner of the worlds largest coffee company seeks to dominate the world and demands 1 Million Dollars to stop the destruction. Guy with bad teeth who shags lots of hoes while throwing crazy parties stops his vile plot.

20. STR8Thugg

Shark attacks beach goers. Local police chief gets mad.

Invisible Fan likes this.