1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Major changes coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by derrick, Jun 8, 2005.

1. derrick

derrick Member

Hello, I know you all are going to bash me becasue I received this information from a conversation I was having with a friend of JVG named Terry. He said that Patrick is probably leaving to be an assistant in New York. JVG already has someone for the job. He hinted the player is a former Rocket. He also told me that Bob Sura and Wesley are about as good as gone. JVG loves Sura's attitude but is scared of his health. Welsey will be traded on draft day. Oh, by the way, watch out for 2 trades on draft day!

Holla!

2. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

i will bookmark this thread. thanks for the heads up.

you better not be lying ;)

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Appreciate any info. we can get, whether it becomes true or not. In the future, you don't have to say who you got it from -- might make him mad and not give you anything else afterwards :)

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

As Gene Peterson would say: Yeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!

If you insist, consider yourself bashed for using the guy's name.

5. superden

superden Contributing Member

we'll see how good your source is. if this is true, im kinda sad that sura is going to be gone. wesley...eh, i'll get over him.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

as we allways do here at clutchfans, we will hold you to this. we don't allways bash or flame right off the bat as most outsiders or newbies think.

if you are right then we will keep you as an insider!

if you are wrong......

BANNED!

:D

7. rvpals

rvpals Member

Anybody has any idea who that former Rockets for Assistant job could be?

Hakeem?

8. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

can't wait for draft...when is it?

9. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

the draft is june 28th.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

super mario would be my first guess. he has experiance at the nba level.

clyde did some college coaching.

kenny smith has been asking for a job all year on TNT.

moses might be braught in to replace ewing and to get yao rebounding better.

hakeem doesn't want to coach. i don't think he even lives in the states anymore. probably wouldnt want to move his family back either.

if i had to put money down i would bet that JVG really wants mad max on his staff.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Thanks for the update Derrick, hopefully you're telling the truth. :)

I'm pretty confident that Ewing will be gone next season, especially since Herb Williams is getting closer and closer to resigning w/ the Knicks.

I am not suprised at all to hear Sura/Wesley are going to be gone. They played great for us last season, but they will continue to decline. Sura's injury is too unstable to have him running the point and Wesley was more of a streaky shooter than I thought he was.

As far as draft day trades, I can really see CD/JVG trying to move up in the draft. They know we need some youth on this team and this year's draft has a lot of talented players.

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'll take just about any news I can get this time of year, very interesting though. Now we play the waiting game to see if his source is reliable.

13. edc

edc Contributing Member

Well, we know this is bogus because JVG has no friends.

:D

14. superden

hahaha

15. New Jack

New Jack Member

The former Rocket could just be someone like Chris Jent. Not some big name former Rocket like Elie or Clyde.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Wesly and Sura comments doesnt surprise me in the least.

Sura: His guts cant be questioned, but the health factor is there. Sura as the PG off the bench would be a better option. If I were the Rockets I would try to do a S&T Daniels for Mike James and move Sura to the bench. It would solve our problems.

Wesley: Clearly his age and size/athelticism is something JVG wants to upgrade.

One guy to keep an eye on is Bonzi Wells. The Grizzlies have until June 30th to pick up his option and trade him to another team. West has already said there are 3 teams interested in taking Bonzi and his 8M contract for htis upcoming season. In theory, we could move Wesley and another expiring contract for him . It's a possibility.

Also keep in mind, no S&Ts can be done on draft night. This can only happen when FA starts. So teams that make trades on draft night have to trade players that are already "under contract".

As for the former Rocket player to be an assistant coach. Mario Elie clearly is the one that comes to mind. Makes sense. I think Ewing is worthless here right now anyway with us having Mutombo. I think Yao probably has learned more from Mutombo than from Ewing.

#16 Deuce, Jun 8, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  17. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I seriously doubt that James will be gone - I think they really wanted him last summer, and now that he is a rocket - he is the perfect PG off the bench.

I don't really care about Wesley (loved his D though) but if there is no Sura, then I wonder if Barry will be let go (or not resigned) as well

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I wish we could keep sura as a bench player. Maybe a backup 2 guard. He is much more useful than Ward is. I never liked Wesley. He is not a starting 2 guard for a contending team. A 2 guard should be able to create for himself and wesley can't. I hope we can do a S+T for Cat or Joe Johnson. I don't see how Phoenix can afford to have three max contracts and 2 other big ones in Richardson and JJ.

19. superden

joe johnson is great. i fell in love with him during the playoffs...(or at least hte games i saw him play)

20. derrick

derrick Member

joe johnson won't be in a rockets uni next year. his stock is way too high. I think cat has a better chance. won't say if I would like that or not. But we will move up in the draft. I also see the Rockets announcing some "un-official trades" draft day. can't wait.