1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Major changes coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by derrick, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

1) Moving UP in the draft? Interesting!

2) "announcing un-official trades" on draft day. That means a player has "agreed in principal" to a S&T but the transaction cant be consumated until FA period begins....which would be July 15th or after the potential "lockout". And with a lockout looming, the waiting for the "confirmation" on that deal could be a LONG wait!

Interesting stuff! It will be interesting to see if indeed these things happen.

2. langal

langal Contributing Member

Billy Paultz. Going to teach Yao the proper way to eat ribs and beef up.

3. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

I would be livid if Sura leaves and Ward stays.

4. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

I hope it's not all because of Gerald Green. zero intensity. zero fire. The kid will make TMAC look like Artest

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

i hate mike james

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Eh, didn't critics say the same thing about TMac even when he was in Orlando?

Green is going to be a star in this league. He has all the tools to become a superstar, he can shoot, he can drive, and he probably the most athletic player in the draft.

Green is a lot further along than when TMac came in the league.

As for the coach: Elie, Smith, Drexler, M. Malone are all viable candidates. I think it will be a big man coach for Yao, I would love for Moses to teach Yao a couple things.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Are you being serious? If so, why?

8. derrick

derrick Member

your a smart man deuce..

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

same reason why a good percentage of this board hates steve francis. But the difference is that steve earned his right to do what he did, mike james is just a scrub, and has no right to try and pull off jordanesque wannabe moves and screw em up, especially in the playoffs. Thats why.

And most of all he has no right to wave off Tmac, ever.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

So Bonzi's the man?

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

thank you. I thought I was the only one.

12. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

All of the top teams in the playoffs have a point guard that can really run the half court well and D-up his man, especially Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups. If they didn't have a good half-court offense and a good defense they're just gone. So I suppose that means if James is not starting and Sura is gone we better find a good PG. I understand VSpan is really combo guard so I don't think we can count on him.

13. derrick

derrick Member

I don't know. but this is getting intresting. Bonzi would be a good fit. We just have to make sure his head is on straight. A Daniels would also be a good gues. But I have some advice... maybe the Rockets are going in another direction that we don't know about.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I don't think a good percentage of this board actually hates Steve Francis.

15. Yao Ming #1

Yao Ming #1 Contributing Member

I would not be surprised if the new big man coach was Mr. Mean (Larry Smith). He was on Rudy's staff in LA and is likely open for a new job.

16. Man

Man Contributing Member

Thanks interesting of course. I can't wait.
    I hope we don't screw up. :p
    Bonzi Wells nad Antonio Daniels both sound good.

Wesley and Sura I will miss y'all..hope y'all are gone though for some better players. :)

And yeah bye Patrick. Hello Mario!

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I get the feeling that you'd say the same thing about anybody who drives the basket under 6-5

Did you watch basketball much this year? Without Mike James, we don't even get to game 7. The guy made huge contributions in all 3 of the Rockets wins, especially game 6.

I'm not sure what some of you people expect; For a co-backup point guard who makes $3m, acquired at the cost of a low second round draft pick, I would say 3 good games in the playoffs out of 7 is adequate to exempt him from hysterical bashing.

18. Kenrui

Kenrui Contributing Member

Oh, no! Definitely not him. Why no one mentions Mose Malone?

19. micah1j

micah1j Member

OK, please point us in the correct direction? Which team at least? Better not be make crap up.

20. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

If we're moving up in the draft, I hope we get Ike Diogu. I'm really high on the kid. He's got long arms, he's a solid rebounder and shot blocker (which are two things that usually do translate from college to the pros), and according to one of the guys on the board that saw his workout (I think it was yaomania) he's got range all the way out to the three.

He sounds absolutely perfect. He's like a poor man's Brand on defense (probably not as strong as Brand who is an absolute bull), and a Donyell Marshall on offense.

I really doubt that we'd go up for Gerald Green. We'd have to get a top 5-7 pick and I really don't think that we have assest to move up that far. Besides, if we're going to go for a T-mac clone, I'd rather have Antoine Wright. He's much farther along than Green with almost as much upside. It might take Green 2-3 years in order to be as good as Wright is now. Though Wright will probably be top 10 also, so I doubt we'd get him either.