1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Major changes coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by derrick, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Derrick.

Man, I am so grateful for this thread. There is part of me that doesn't even care if it's true. I'm just glad to have something to speculate about until the draft. :D

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I merely said 'I could see'.

Clips, I am told, have targeted JJohnson and want to say bye to CM.

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well if so then I'd gladly say hello to CM.

4. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Hey you guys, please get us a PG while you are wheeling and dealing.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Put in your order, your wish shall dish dimes deep into June.

6. tXhiggs

tXhiggs Member

Also, with this move, it creates the possibility of packaging both picks and moving up even higher.

Maybe?

7. m_cable

Well if we did upgrade the roster via trades, then we'd still have the MLE to work with. Antonio Daniels anyone?

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ill- Skillz,
    Yeah,it was night and day from one tournament to the next for Sean.It appears he grew up quite a bit and worked his tail off.I mean May was a bigtime recruit and now seems like he's going to be a bigtime player.Sean's not the most athletic guy,but he knows how to use his body and has a serious reach to where he plays bigger than his 6'9".....toss in that soft touch and passing ability...Where do you think May will go in the draft?I've heard anywhere from lotto to low 20's.I wonder how much it would cost us to move up and grab him.
    Sherlock,I totally agree with you on Eric Williams.Dude can play 3/4..give us some serious d and boards.He shouldn't cost too much either.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

thx for the scoop derrick. It's nice to hear something.

I really hope the assistant coach would be Elie. That would rock.

I'm a little surprised at hearing that the rox may get rid of Sura. JVG seemed to be kissing his butt at every opportunity last year. But I'm certainly not opposed, in fact I think it's a good move if they can get something of value for him at this point because

a. he's been saddled with injuries since we got him. Maybe they go away, maybe they get worse.

b. he's better suited for the bench imo. And if he's just a bench player then there are definitely other options out there to fit his role.

And if there are teams looking or willing to unload guys, but not willing to take on useless players(Mooch, Baker, etc) even if they have expiring contracts, then Sura and Wesley fit that mold.

No idea who a good sign and trade possiblity would be. I still hope for SAR.

10. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

derrick's thread is the kind of thread I love to read. Whether it's true or not I'll be watching for a trade on draft day, and all the other transactions.

11. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

In the draft, I really don't want to move up, but I would like to get another pick or two. This is one deep draft that has players that can make it in the NBA all the way up to 50. Its a good time to pick up role players, even stars. But, I don't see any superstars this year. So, why move up? Just get 2 or 3 picks to add depth to our team. We have our superstars.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

If we're going to move up in the draft, we're going to move up for someone we've worked out. I'd hope the Rockets wouldn't be dumb enough to move up and take someone without working them out first. Anyone have a list of 1st rounders we've worked out?

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

eh, I do alright. ;)

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And that's a possibility. If we indeed have to "wait" for a trade to be consumated until Free Agency starts and if Wesley is to be traded on draft night, I have already speculated more than one time that a S&T Sprewell for Wesley is something that might be considered. It still could be possible.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

i hope it's not for spree. i hope it's not for spree

16. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Why would sign & trade for a 36 yr. old. The idea here is to get younger so they can grow with Tmac and Yao.

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

He did the same thing with JJ.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You know what...someone brought up Corey Maggette and, after checking with the realgm.com Gods:rolleyes: :rolleyes: , it's doable. If the Clippers are jonesing for JJohnson as much as have been speculated, making this trade will help them be under the cap even more..all the while still being a 'competitive' team. They have Kittles off the cap, and then trade maggette away for 1 expiring contract and 1 relatively cheap contract, they'll still be financially armed to be a player in FA for at least another year while having. Heck, with this deal, they can afford to keep Bobby Simmons

C-Kaman
    PF-Brand
    SF-Simmons
    SG-JJohnson
    PG-?

But that's just me dreaming about having Magette suiting up for us and going to the line for 10-12 FTs a night.

19. user

user Member

Maybe this is why Colin is leaving. He cannot do a decent job in this situation. And we have a perfect translator in Deke for Malone.

And I like the RudyT idea but to replace Ewing, it'd better be a big man coach.

20. m_cable

Their PG would be Livingston, who looks like he's going to be a top PG in a couple of years. Too bad this is the Clippers and they never have any depth, or any edge from the front office to take the team to the next level. Case in point, if you were the Clippers and you have injury problems at the pg position, and are forced to have Rick Brunson play significant minutes for you, do you:

A. Trade for a PG to keep the ship afloat, like how the Rockets traded for Mike James when faced with the prospect starting Rod Strickland at PG.

or

B. Do absolutely nothing, and watch yet another season sink into the lottery.

If you picked B then congratulations Elgin Baylor, how would you like to trade Corey Maggette for old injury prone peanuts and a draft pick. Sound good?