1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Major changes coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by derrick, Jun 8, 2005.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Some of you will not be satisfied unless our PG averages 10 assists per game and always defers to Yao and TMac.

James was the one guy not named Tracy or Yao that kept the Rockets competitive with the Mavericks through the first 6 games of the series. Yes his shot selection could use some work, but hey, no one else was hitting shots either in many of those games. Where is the blame for them?

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I want CD to get Antonio Daniels. And I want him to do it while retaining Mike James on the roster.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

...which of course would require him to hold on to the ball a lot and run plays to set them up, rather then just give them the ball and let arguably the top interior (YM) and perimeter (TM) 1-on-1 guys in the whole league do what they do best.

Yeah, people would LOVE that.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

agree maggette would be really great for this team if possible he has had some health problems this past year but i dont think it is anything that would be chronic. we would have a very athletic and high scoring sf/sg combo and the one thing maggette can do extremely well is get to the foul line. he always is in the top 10 in fta. we'll have to wait till draft day to see if anything comes of this though.

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not until July 1. The example that comes to mind most is Grant Hill, with the Magic practically waiting to knock on his door when midnight hit. He agreed to his deal in early July, but did not sign until the end of the Moratorium. Quentin Richardson (and Nash) also agreed to deals during the Moratorium, but Q couldn't sign his offer sheet to begin the 2 week ticking as a restricted free agent until the Moratorium was lifted. Also, the Suns had to make some slight changes to dollar figures based on the actual cap amounts rather than estimates.

So no, since the draft has basically always been in June, sign and trades have never been agreed to on any level pre-draft or during the draft.

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Its not about shot selection, Its about ball hogging. Towards the end of game 3 or 4, Tracy Mcgrady actually looked like he got pissed off and wouldnt pass the ball to James. I mean if a regular fan can see the frustration caused by James, I wonder how Tmac and Yao felt when he tried to take the game in his own hands on 4 consecutive plays.

7. Man

Man Contributing Member

I like the idea of getting Maggette and Antonio Daniels.
    For Daniels..give them something they want like a 2nd round pick or money or an expiring contract or David Wesley or Sura or Spoon or Baker..or Moochie and Ward :p :D

Maggette..how would we get him?

Then power forward we can sign or sign and trade or draft. SWIFT!

Maggette has a body sort of like Artest's and he and Tmac along with Antonio Daniels would be a formidable backcourt or trio. Mike James and Jon Barry would be great backups. Ryan Bowen and/or Scott Padgett great 9th 10th mans. Dikembe!!!! and Juwan hopefully both still here. And of course Yao.

8. redf000t

redf000t Contributing Member

Am I the only one that thinks Sean May will be the next Oliver Miller? He had skills too and a huge appetite.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Have you ever thought of why JVG would allow MJ do those things as strict as JVG is? James was one of the key players off the bench for the Detroit last season because he gave energy and can score.

MJ is our 2nd best one on one perimeter player. He usually has no problems taking his man off the dribble and JVG knows this. I could guarantee you that JVG has designed plays where he has MJ in the iso, JVG needs other players to score other than TMac. He can have James bring the ball up the court and pass to TMac and get out of the way, hell, Mooch can even do that. But MJ has scoring capabilities that I'm sure JVG wants to utilize.

I'm not saying James is the best PG ever, but he is a great guy to have coming off the bench. He gives you that extra boost and quickness. Were there times when he screwed up? Of course, but so does every player in the league, including TMac.

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

True enough, but I saw at least two instances where TMac was hot (two or more 3-pointers in a row hit) and MJ ignored him calling for the ball to put up a brick of his own.

I agree that MJ should NEVER be allowed to wave off TMac. If TMac is feeling it, TMac should get the ball.

11. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I saw an nbadraft.net report that said Sean May got outplayed during a 2 on 2 session by Taft. Not good considering that Taft was eaten up by Diogu a couple weeks ago.

I've kind of cooled on May a bit. I'd definitely take Diogu, and Warrick before May. Maybe Simien too, and probably Taft if he continues to play well.

I love May's rebounding, and hands around the basket, but his appetite scares the heck out of me. And if he's not bringing it during workouts when millions of dollars are on the line then that REALLY doesn't reflect well on him.

12. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

You have to ask yourself sometime...Why would Memphis even consider this. We are going to give up the best player in the deal, on an expiring contract and just to make sure we are considered brain dead we give you a 1st round draft pick..... :confused:

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Absolutely. I was just trying to make a point that MJ might seem like he is dribbling too much because there is probably a play designed for him to iso himself.

But you're right, TMac should get the ball whenever he calls for it, but I'm sure JVG would like to relieve some scoring pressure off of TMac, especially since our backcourt (Sura/Wesley) dissapeared the last couple playoff games.

14. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

And it's not as bad that Wilcox's favorite player is Hakeem.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

maybe it's ralph sampson, going by the news, he needs the money.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sorry but Bonzi is only trade bait. I meant to show a future Rock #1 to balance this out, but -- Bonzi is traded or not picked up. Hizz Grizz days izz over. DW is a pretty good addition, and Mooch is trade fodder for someone.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I bet they were really mad, in between sucking wind and missing free throws. If you can only count on your co-backup point guard to take of the slack off you some of the time, what is this world coming too?

Accentuate the negative, ignore the positive, and bash away, mindlessly - repeat.

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

that would not suck in anyway.

make it happen, CD!

19. mbiker

mbiker Member

My bet is on Mark Jackson. Why Mark Jackson? Last year he mentioned that he would be interested in coaching. He knows the system. JVG likes to work with people that he's worked with in the past. And of course the number one reason – He’s an ex Nick.

20. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Maggette played for the Magic his rookie season...