1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who here is still bitter about this season and who here has moved on and is optimistic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jun 25, 2016.

?

Are you optimistic about the Rockets' future or still bitter?

1. Bitter

49.0%
  2. Optimistic

51.0%
  1. bmd

bmd Member

Of course this past season was disappointing, but many people around here still seem ridiculously bitter and angry. Constantly trashing the players, GM, owner, coach, etc ... you name it.

It almost seems like nobody here has put the past behind them and nobody is optimistic about the future.

Where are my optimistic brethren at? Check in here.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have moved on, but have zero confidence at the moment got to see whom we get.

DD

3. bmd

bmd Member

I have seen your posts and I would say you are still in the bitter camp.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Weird choice of emotions..

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

moved on but we're not in position to be a contender. however life goes on and I'm busy with life. Will just hope for the best when the season starts. all I ask for is effort, and we didn't have any last year

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

I stopped being bitter after like 20 games. The team as currently constructed has zero chemistry and put forth little effort on the court, and it's going to cost us a shot at top free agents.

I'm neither bitter nor optimistic. I'm just eh.

7. dmoneybangbang

I'm not a petty, bitter person so I am the first vote for optimism.

I don't think last season is reflective of the true state of the Rockets. Howard will be gone and lets hope the chemistry issues abate.

8. bmd

bmd Member

With you 100%.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm optimistic we'll be a better team next season that will play harder be better coached.

I'm not confident in landing big name free agents, however. It'll be up to Morey to find cheaper options that fit the team better than the Brewer's and the Jones' of the world.

I don't think the Rockets are on par with the Knicks and Kings like some seem to think, but they certainly knocked themselves out of the Clippers/Thunder/etc. tier that they were in last season. If they can't rediscover that level of play, then yeah, it's probably time to start thinking long-term with the future of the team.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am realistic, I don't have a lot of confidence in the owner - in fact I think he sucks.

And the GM has been making some major mistakes, undervaluing coaching, and not understanding the value of chemistry - and too many players flipping - that I am not 100% certain he can build a championship team either - though I like him overall - so gonna wait and see on that front.

I have been a fan for 45 years - and as such, in a "SHOW ME" more than "TELL ME" mode.

So, "SHOW ME" the good players you get, and then I will judge, until then, I am in the "Not convinced they can do it" camp.

DD

1 person likes this.
  11. rocketseagles07

I've moved on by I'm not optimistic AT ALL! We're are note in the dreaded middle of the road position. We're not gonna be bad enough to get a high pick, we're gonna strike out in free agency and harden is gonna walk.

That's not me being negative that's what I realistically think it's gonna happen

12. rocketseagles07

I still don't think this is Morey's fault at all... He's put us in the best position to be winners. The Dwight signing was our big fish and it didn't work out at all

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bitter

Delusional

14. dmoneybangbang

It's his "fault" since he is the GM, but I don't blame him or his approach like many of the bitter folks do. A historically good Spurs and GSW lost in the second round and finals so winning is more complicated than many imagine.

15. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

i am. im still pissed we made the playoffs and lost our lottery pick

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This franchise is content just treading water and that comes from the owner on down.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think optimism and delusion are the same thing.

Optimism says "there are a lot of different ways this season could go - heck, we're still early in the offseason. So I'll wait and see."

Delusion says "we are destined for a deep playoff run, and we're going to get 2 top quality free agents."

Bitterness says "there is zero chance of anything positive happening."

18. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I've accepted certain realities about this organization. Every once in awhile they'll do something to remind me of why I was angry to begin with. But just have to keep processing the grief.

Acceptance without optimism....

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've always been a fan of optimism.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

optimistic and hoping for the best.

Realistic in looking at the state of things and realizing the rockets have their work cut out for them.

If you think the rockets are in great position, you are delusional.