1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who here is still bitter about this season and who here has moved on and is optimistic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jun 25, 2016.

?

Are you optimistic about the Rockets' future or still bitter?

1. Bitter

49.0%
  2. Optimistic

51.0%
  1. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Bitter af. One of the most pathetic seasons in Rockets history. The effort level for much of the year was garbage for a Mcdonald's employee let alone grown men making millions of dollars. The timing for such a **** show couldn't be worse, with the 2 biggest free agencies in league history upon us.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Moved on, but this is a critical offseason. We don't have to get Durant, but we do need a solid reset.

3. alethios

alethios Member

We actually had a better team the season before Dwight than we will after Dwight, barring any major splashes. Yet we only won 45 games that season. Not sure we will have 50 win season again for a while, but I am cautiously optimistic.

4. raining threes

^^^^
    This

As long as Le$$ owns the team I dont expect any parades.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This. Reset/Retool. Build it up like Portland last year. Build some momentum for 2017 FA.

Rockets need to win and change the culture and narrative of the team.

6. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

thank god im a UH cougar fan. cant wait till football season start to focus my attention away from the rockets.

blow this team up

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Bitter. Not sure how anyone could be optimistic. At this point I really don't have any faith in the owner, the GM, the coach, or our star player. I really don't see the Rockets as an attractive landing spot for free agents. So, what's there to be optimistic about?

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm glad it's over, so I guess optimistic.

9. Mutombo

Mutombo Member

I just want the team to hit the reset button and start fresh. Get rid of all long term contracts, build through the draft. Most importantly this team needs an identity. I know most are against this and want to field a competitive team yearly no matter what, but it seems like we've gone nowhere for a really long time. I will be optimistic and supportive as long as the team takes steps in the right direction. And for goodness' sake, can we please get new jerseys!

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I feel exactly the same. It's not about being optimistic, it's about being realistic.

11. dmoneybangbang

Remember that our most disappointing season still got us an 8th seed. I am optimistic that last season wasn't truly indicative of where we stand as we were trending upwards every season until last in the harden era.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Never been more pessimistic at this point. We were so close, on the verge two years ago. Just a total collapse last year, years of progress lost. Even if we get a star free agent, we are at best a 50 win team, not true contenders.

Oh and we just hired a ****ty coach. I really don't see how we are more than a 45 win team next year, at most. Tough times.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can't stay mad the whole season. All you can do is hope they do better than last season. Not betting on it though.

14. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I have moved on, but that doesn't mean I am optimistic about the future.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I am also optimistic about the defensive impact that the duo of Onuaku/Harrell will bring.

16. TheresTheDagger

None of the above.

I know the next season can't be anywhere near as disappointing to me as last year was. At the same time, I have almost no belief things are going to improve much anytime soon.

If I had to describe my feelings on the Rockets, I'd say I'm...

Ambivalent

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

optimistic as in they an be still be a 2nd round team. its not hard to build a team like that around harden. but any further would have to get the exact right free agents and trades needed.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

These aren't mutually exclusive. I have put this season behind me, but that doesn't mean I have to pretend that the future is full of promise cuz it ain't. We're not going to be good next year which almost certainly means we're gonna have a very difficult time convincing Harden to stick around beyond 2018.

And this means we're looking at a full blown rebuilding project. Like top 5 worst record in the league kind of rebuilding. Does anyone trust Les Alexander to oversee that? Would he even want to? I have a terrible feeling he'll stubbornly refuse to deal Harden before the very last minute which would result in the Rockets getting pennies on the dollar for the guy. Or even worse, we never trade him and lose him for nothing(just like we did with Dwight).

What if we do wind up with a Top 10 lottery pick because of a bad record? Unless we wind up with a no-brainer #1 pick like Yao, will Les even keep the pick or will he trade it away like he did with Rudy Gay 10 years ago? Will we make bad free agent signings like in the Francis era with the likes of Cato, Taylor, Norris, and Anderson?

It's not even that I have a problem with sucking for the next few years. I almost welcome it. But I have zero faith that our current owner will have the patience or long-term vision to capitalize on the high draft picks that result from those bad records in order to put together a title contender the way other franchises recently have(Cavs, Warriors, and Thunder).

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It would be easier to be optimistic if it looked like they had a clue as to what went wrong last year.

Instead we hire a no defense coach, a second best player from our WCF run is gone, our main player is going out in Houston to "help recruit" instead of getting in shape at the Olympics, and the best free agents don't bother meeting with us.

20. malakas

malakas Member

I'm not bitter but how can I be optimistic when I see what's going on?
    Derozan won't even take any other meeting except Toronto. Durant put even Boston above us and won't even meet us. Horford is rumoured to be back if they give him the 5year max.
    I don't see any reason why I should be optimistic.