1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are Atheists just Hatas?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by heypartner, May 27, 2014.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

At a Memorial Day street fest, I walked past a "Boulder Atheists" booth.

r e a l l y

Can you be so adamantly against some one else's belief that you spend Memorial Day Weekend in a booth selling your story that is only about telling someone they are wrong??

Oh, you're so wrong I'm going to get a booth to tell others about it.

so lame

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Seems fine to me for an atheist to evangelize or proselytize just like anyone else.

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

Dunno. If it was a community Memorial Day event with some religious overtones to honor dead veterans - then yeah, it would be just in bad taste. Was it those guys from San Antonio that followed Charles Barkley into the hotel bar?

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don't want to know how may times God and heaven were mentioned during this weekend and all year, yet you don't criticize these people for trying to force religion into every topic.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

There is a reason why even though I don't care about God at all, I utterly refuse to identify myself as an atheist.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well the other way to view it is they adamantly believe in their faith of no god.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Atheists are just people who have not yet found Jesus.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If you're gonna have a booth, you should at least be selling cookies, IMO.

Look how long the Girl Scouts have been around. My favorite are the Lemonades.

9. tomato

tomato Member

Atheists are patient, atheists are kind. They do not envy, they do not boast, they are not proud.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing you didn't approach said Atheist booth, otherwise you probably wouldn't have made such a wildly ignorant post.

If you saw a Christian booth, would you come here and post about how they have nothing better to do than tell Atheists/Buddhists/Muslims they are wrong?

Same principle.

1 person likes this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How is this different from a non-Christian walking past a Boulder Christians booth?

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I've never seen a Christian booth.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Doesn't believing in a religion, ANY religion, automatically mean that you believe others with different beliefs are wrong? It's one thing to tolerate people with different beliefs, like I tolerate people who believe in the Utah Jazz because I'm a tolerant person. But that doesn't mean I don't think those people are wrong in their beliefs.

1 person likes this.
  14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I think it is stupid for anybody to stand in a booth trying to convince others of their religion/non religion. But you seem to think it is pathetic because they are saying christians are wrong, which I do not agree with. Aren't christians who preach also just saying others are wrong? I do not see a difference between a atheist doing this and a Christian / Muslim / Buddhist doing this.

Trying to convert others shows just how little you respect you have for others. why would your way of life be better than my way of life. And why do you think I havent thought enough about these things to make my own decissions. I really dislike people coming to my house trying to convert me (Get lost Jehovah's Witnesses).

So Like I said I agree that it is pathetic for anyody to stand in a booth trying convert others.

2 people like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with people talking about their faith in an attempt to try to convert you. I respect that they have strong enough faith to push them into trying to convince you to join them. Where it crosses the line for me is when they don't just talk about their faith, but talk about how you are going to hell and all that negativity... this is rare though. They are usually very nice folks.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah, because they go five steps further and show up on your front door.
    Atheists set up a booth in public. Christians and other religions run around disrupting peoples lives by going door to door.

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Kind of don't need them when you have this.

[​IMG]

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Atheists can't believe in memorializing veterans? :confused:

Your post makes no sense.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They are hatas alright.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. DonnyMost