1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Are Atheists just Hatas?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by heypartner, May 27, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hate cats but I don't compare them to Hitler.

Pretty sure that costs you the argument.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not saying you can't be a Atheist or football hata. But if you are, just own up to the fact you're a hata, and nothing more. Go find something you believe in.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I forgot to add "and history supports my claim". I'll admit I am biased. Doesn't refute the fact that Hitler believed in God.

4. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I will own the fact that I hate religion. I always have. Now, keep your religious nutbags off of our school boards and out of our textbooks and stop shoving religious dogma into the public sphere and you'll never hear a peep from me.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Excellent trolling.

6. Mr. Clutch

Please define "public sphere."

There is such a thing as free speech.

7. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Sorry...I mean like courthouses and stuff like that. I am all for freedom of speech. I am talking about the separation of church and state.

8. fchowd0311

Legislation.

9. Mr. Clutch

I agree. I don't want to legislate nor ban religion or atheism.

10. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I disagree with almost Everything you said in this thread. But I agree with this point. Religion is not the problem, it is used as an excuse by idiots.

11. Mr. Clutch

Glad we could agree on that point.

I guess the D&D isn't a completely useless poopfest after all.

12. fchowd0311

If religion is an "excuse" for some atrocities wouldn't that be a problem? Maybe I'm mistaken by the context of how you used excuse.

And religion isn't THE problem its a problem. There still will be atrocities if religion didn't exist but there would be less of them.

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I still can't understand why arguing about religion is so popular in the D&D! It really must be a fetish that some people can't get enough of, I mean how many people here after discussing/arguing/debating the SAME topic of religion/atheism have changed view points? How many have been converted to the OTHER side? I'll bet it's pretty close to ZERO!

In reality, there are idiots everywhere! In every race, nationality,income class, in every religion, including believers and nonbelievers alike, and these are the people who are ALWAYS mentioned in these threads. But there are also good people everywhere as well, some are believers and some are nonbelievers, good hardworking people who won't walk away when when your in need of help! Why do we feel the need to generalize every religious person as as an ignorant/hater, or every atheist as an ignorant/hater? AT least that's what I see when I read these threads.

If you don't think like me you're an ignorant hater!!..:eek: REALLY?...:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

I would like to make clear that religion not existing is not a viable outcome as I understand that many humans require some sort of faith. Faith is a natural component of a large sector of humanity. I know that the non existence of religion is a mere pipe dream for me.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

And therein lies the ignorance of those that hate atheism.
    Its not a religion people.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In case some of you guys aren't aware, Atheism is not restricted to Christianity. And you can be a Christian and still hate religion.

17. RedRedemption

Free speech doesn't allow you to fill classrooms with biblical knowledge and pass it off as fact.
    These are BELIEFS. Religious BELIEFS. It has no place in the modern school unless its for a theocracy class.
    Keep it out of schools.

#97 RedRedemption, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Football's real. Kind of a difference there.

19. RedRedemption

If religious people kept to themselves then there would be no problem here. Believe what you want but when you bring religion into legislation, into schools, and force it down everyone's throats that's when the problem arises.

Thank goodness our predecessors didn't succumb to this weak mantra or we'd all have mandatory church on Sundays, would have been embroiled in the second coming of the Crusades, and Christianity would be our state religion with Jesus Christ as our holy president. Atheism is a vocal movement BECAUSE religions are vocal. There are liberals and conservatives. There is good and evil. There are atheists and theists. One cannot function without the other.

20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

This made me laugh... but in a less condescending way than it probably deserves.