ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] No hesitation: In one play, Troy Daniels answers the call and Jeremy Lin finds redemption
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston rockets, jeremy lin, nba, troy daniels Tags
Clutch is offline Old 04-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/6568/t...ds-redemption/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
BigggReddd is offline Old 04-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #2
BigggReddd
BigggReddd is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52216
First! Can't wait to read

TheMystery008 is online now Old 04-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
TheMystery008
TheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51891
This is atrocious!

This is blasphemy!

You're a LOF Clutch!

Just kidding, good read clutch.

Thanks for the article.

(Beverley - Harden - Ariza - Jones - Howard)

T-Yao is offline Old 04-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #4
T-Yao
T-Yao is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2007
Member: #23631
THANK YOU.

TheMystery008 is online now Old 04-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
TheMystery008
TheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTheMystery008 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51891
One question though, were you hungry when you wrote this?

I want some bacon now.

(Beverley - Harden - Ariza - Jones - Howard)

vator is offline Old 04-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
vator
Contributing Member
vator is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvator is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvator is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvator is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18934
Great write up!

hikanoo49 is offline Old 04-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #7
hikanoo49
hikanoo49 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7791
he is exactly who we need

we should start him in game 4 instead of Parsons

he can rain 3s from all over the court and perfect compliment to our team

Converse Weapons

pmac is offline Old 04-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
pmac
Contributing Member
pmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the pointspmac is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25927
One thing I didn't notice before on the ESPN broadcast is that not only did Daniels take that three pointer, he called for the ball.

vator is offline Old 04-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #9
vator
Contributing Member
vator is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvator is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvator is Omer Asik -- working the boardsvator is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #18934
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac View Post
One thing I didn't notice before on the ESPN broadcast is that not only did Daniels take that three pointer, he called for the ball.
Indeed. Bullard pointed that out too. He WANTED that shot and WANTED that moment when a lot of guys would have just simply slid over a little too far and sheepishly made themselves unavailable for a pass due to the angles.

txtodd is offline Old 04-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #10
txtodd
txtodd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodtxtodd is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30386
Played that over and over to try to figure out why Mo Williams fell. Looks like Harden tackled him with no hesitation either.

haoafu is offline Old 04-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #11
haoafu
Contributing Member
haoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodhaoafu is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #18655
That play also saved Harden. Low percentage volume shooting with clutch TO and down 0-3 would have serious bad impact on his confidence.

clutz is offline Old 04-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #12
clutz
clutz is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2011
Member: #48660
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtodd View Post
Played that over and over to try to figure out why Mo Williams fell. Looks like Harden tackled him with no hesitation either.
When I watched it live I swore it should have been a loose ball foul on Lin, but, yeah, it was Harden, and you get why the end of the Portland bench was so upset. The baseline official swallowed his whistle.

Good write-up by Clutch on the head-snapping disparity of Lin's play from one possession to the next.

d12babymamas is offline Old 04-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
d12babymamas
d12babymamas is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2013
Member: #56580
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtodd View Post
Mo is an old man.

What happens to PB next year? Parsons 2.0? Yes or No? Discuss.

B-Bob is online now Old 04-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #14
B-Bob
Contributing Member
B-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6273
Clutch nailed it, I think. I keep watching that clip and just being amazed how much quicker Lin is to the ball and with the ball than *everybody* else. He went into some sort of instinctive mode and owned that moment. (Probably the same instincts that showed him the seam in transition on the previous blown lay-up play.)

And I also applaud Clutch for not going into the point about Howard being open on the play. The passing lanes were more clogged down there, *and* if we'd gotten a Howard bucket, the Blazers could have let Lillard just work our defense for an easier two-pointer, instead of having them go for a contested three.

d12babymamas is offline Old 04-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #15
d12babymamas
d12babymamas is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2013
Member: #56580
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Bob View Post
Clutch nailed it, I think. I keep watching that clip and just being amazed how much quicker Lin is to the ball and with the ball than *everybody* else. He went into some sort of instinctive mode and owned that moment. (Probably the same instincts that showed him the seam in transition on the previous blown lay-up play.)

And I also applaud Clutch for not going into the point about Howard being open on the play. The passing lanes were more clogged down there, *and* if we'd gotten a Howard bucket, the Blazers could have let Lillard just work our defense for an easier two-pointer, instead of having them go for a contested three.
I agree. Just my gut but I think Lin was probably trying to go for a wide open three point dagger shot with Daniels as opposed to them probably fouling D12 or making a play for the ball.

What happens to PB next year? Parsons 2.0? Yes or No? Discuss.

FTW Rockets FTW is online now Old 04-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #16
FTW Rockets FTW
Contributing Member
FTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereFTW Rockets FTW is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49046
The best part was seeing Asik pumped up. I have never seen him so engaged and shwoing this much emotion

BamBam is online now Old 04-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #17
BamBam
Contributing Member
BamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereBamBam is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2003
Member: #14997
Thanks for the article Clutch! As always, you did a great job!

I am so glad that it was Lin who helped out at the end! No, I'm not a LOF, it's just that had it been someone else (Beverley) there would be a lot of stone throwing today (there is some), despite us winning the game!...And I would much rather enjoy reading about our victory in hostile territory, versus a tidal wave of bickering in CF's! I know I'm a "Wierdo"....

B-Bob is online now Old 04-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #18
B-Bob
Contributing Member
B-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldB-Bob is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6273
Quote:
Originally Posted by d12babymamas View Post
I agree. Just my gut but I think Lin was probably trying to go for a wide open three point dagger shot with Daniels as opposed to them probably fouling D12 or making a play for the ball.
Yeah, the free throw thing is a great point. I'm not saying Lin was thinking that through, but imagine he lobs to Dwight but it just results in a hard foul and D12 on the line for the game. :-{

T-Yao is offline Old 04-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #19
T-Yao
T-Yao is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2007
Member: #23631
As much as people bash Lin's decision making, did no one realize that Harden decided to dribble and run the play instead of calling TO therefore we were forced to bring the ball up from backcourt....

Jayzers_100 is offline Old 04-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #20
Jayzers_100
Jayzers_100 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2013
Member: #56062
I loved JVG repeatedly saying "this guy can flat out shoot!" haha