ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Kevin Durant to Houston? Don't Hold Your Breath
Tags:  basketball, daryl morey, houston rockets, james harden, kevin durant, nba Tags
BimaThug is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
BimaThug
Contributing Member
BimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldBimaThug is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #359
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5175/k...uston-rockets/

I may even say something worthwhile at some point.

Sponsored Link
robbie380 is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
robbie380
Contributing Member
robbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6630
So you're telling me there's a chance!

basketballholic is online now Old 10-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
basketballholic
Contributing Member
basketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2013
Member: #54577
Too far away to spend time on it. However if Durant leaves OKC it will most likely be through trade in his last season. Firstly, Durant has loyalty ... a long ago lost term in the big business of sports. So the odds of him leaving OKC are much lower because of that fact alone. Secondly, Durant has manners...another one of those long ago lost terms in the big business world of sports. If Durant decides he wants out of OKC or he is not going to re-sign he will let the Thunder know ahead of time and they will trade him. So if he is moved from OKC he'll be traded. No doubt about it.

Trade targets: Ricky Rubio, Amare Stoudamire, Ersan Ilyasova, Cody Zeller, Enes Kanter, Derrick Williams, Darrell Arthur, Chuck Hayes, Jonas Jerebko, Gerald Green, Andrei Kirilenko, Channing Frye, Paul Millsap, Brandon Bass

R0ckets03 is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
R0ckets03
Contributing Member
R0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereR0ckets03 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 1999
Member: #977
party pooper

Carl Herrera is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
What a killjoy!

rimrocker is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
rimrocker
Contributing Member
rimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsrimrocker is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 1999
Member: #1038
If Durant wanted to come here, Morey would find a way.

coachbadlee is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
I knew when i saw the thread and Bima's name that the money would be a problem.

crash5179 is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
No Ding?

crash5179 is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
The only way I could see Houston getting KD is if OKC trades him to Houston. I'm not sure what DM could offer OKC in a deal that could not easily be topped by someone else.

basketballholic is online now Old 10-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
basketballholic
Contributing Member
basketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donebasketballholic is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Something more timely would be to discuss the Thunder's trade options for Westbrook if they flame out of this year's playoffs (which I think will happen). Westbrook is vastly overrated. And OKC has another long, athletic freak coming up behind him at PG in Reggie Jackson. In my opinion Jackson eclipses Westbrook by miles in the basketball iq department, surpasses Westbrook defensively, and approaches Westbrook in offensive ability. If OKC punks out this year I can see Westbrook getting traded.

And this is what probably started the speculation by Jalen concerning Durant. Jalen does know things discussed behind the scenes. Since Durant's contract runs out before Westbrook's does...then it is logical that if Jalen knows that Durant will consider leaving OKC if Westbrook is gone that is assuming a trade of Westbrook prior to Durant's free agency. The Westbrook/Love LA connection makes a lot of sense. Remember last year Kobe really building Westbrook up?

So, most likely is Jalen found out Durant's thought process if Westbrook is traded away and Durant is left in OKC alone playing with a bunch of role players and trying to compete for rings with Ibaka, himself, and parts. In that scenario...Durant will most likely want to leave. Dude does want to win badly. He wants his legacy.

With Lebron on the scene with 2 rings already and staring at a third one..the scenario shifts for all these guys. They realize what they have to do to get rings. They realize that Lebron is going to spend his career surrounded by 2 other superstars and a bunch of good role players. These other superstars realize they have to team up otherwise Lebron runs away with 6-8 rings. Hence the attractiveness of Houston's situation. That won't change going forward unless Dwight or Harden poop out ahead of time.

Trade targets: Ricky Rubio, Amare Stoudamire, Ersan Ilyasova, Cody Zeller, Enes Kanter, Derrick Williams, Darrell Arthur, Chuck Hayes, Jonas Jerebko, Gerald Green, Andrei Kirilenko, Channing Frye, Paul Millsap, Brandon Bass

Last edited by basketballholic; 10-23-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Clutch is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash5179 View Post
The only way I could see Houston getting KD is if OKC trades him to Houston. I'm not sure what DM could offer OKC in a deal that could not easily be topped by someone else.
... and Sam Presti would go from "Guy Who Traded Top 5 Player To Houston" to "Guy Who Traded TWO Top 5 Players To Houston."

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

RocketDonut is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #12
RocketDonut
Contributing Member
RocketDonut is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRocketDonut is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRocketDonut is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44805

Haymitch is online now Old 10-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #13
Haymitch
Contributing Member
Haymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16399
Y u gotta b lik dat Bima

::EDIT::

*Ahem*

What I meant to say was, "Why do you have to be like that, Bima?"

In that thread there was a post by someone who basically said that if we didn't resign Parsons would could then sign Durant. Now, as far from reality as that may be, I didn't see anyone jump on that post. Why? Because we need to dream.

Similarly, it is unlikely that I will convince my wife and Jennifer Lawrence to join me in some sort of polyamorous relationship, but I don't need you to go and write down in detail why that won't happen.

Last edited by Haymitch; 10-23-2013 at 01:07 PM.

LOK is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #14
LOK
LOK is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2013
Member: #53556
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballholic View Post
Something more timely would be to discuss the Thunder's trade options for Westbrook if they flame out of this year's playoffs (which I think will happen). Westbrook is vastly overrated. And OKC has another long, athletic freak coming up behind him at PG in Reggie Williams. In my opinion Williams eclipses Westbrook by miles in the basketball iq department, surpasses Westbrook defensively, and approaches Westbrook in offensive ability. If OKC punks out this year I can see Westbrook getting traded.

And this is what probably started the speculation by Jalen concerning Durant. Jalen does know things discussed behind the scenes. Since Durant's contract runs out before Westbrook's does...then it is logical that if Jalen knows that Durant will consider leaving OKC if Westbrook is gone that is assuming a trade of Westbrook prior to Durant's free agency. The Westbrook/Love LA connection makes a lot of sense. Remember last year Kobe really building Westbrook up?

So, most likely is Jalen found out Durant's thought process if Westbrook is traded away and Durant is left in OKC alone playing with a bunch of role players and trying to compete for rings with Ibaka, himself, and parts. In that scenario...Durant will most likely want to leave. Dude does want to win badly. He wants his legacy.

With Lebron on the scene with 2 rings already and staring at a third one..the scenario shifts for all these guys. They realize what they have to do to get rings. They realize that Lebron is going to spend his career surrounded by 2 other superstars and a bunch of good role players. These other superstars realize they have to team up otherwise Lebron runs away with 6-8 rings. Hence the attractiveness of Houston's situation. That won't change going forward unless Dwight or Harden poop out ahead of time.
you mean reggie jackson? reggie williams is in houston

LosRockets2011 is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
LosRockets2011
Contributing Member
LosRockets2011 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46975
Where are you DocRocket? Make me a believer..........

Normalus is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
Normalus
Normalus is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNormalus is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49914
Is there only me?

We should sign Marqus Blakely&Deividas Dulkys!

basketballholic is online now Old 10-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #17
basketballholic
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOK View Post
you mean reggie jackson? reggie williams is in houston

Sorry about that. fixed.

J.R. is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #18
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
So you're saying it was all a dream.

tmacfor35 is offline Old 10-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
tmacfor35
Contributing Member
tmacfor35 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstmacfor35 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstmacfor35 is Omer Asik -- working the boardstmacfor35 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33439
It really all just depends on how OKC plays the next few years.

Westbrook as egotistical as he is, is going to want his own franchise.

Look at the West

OKC(Durant,Westbrook,Ibaka-terrible bench outside of Reggie Jackson)
Spurs(Parker, Duncan,Ginobli-deep)
Memphis(Conley,Randolph,Gasol-good bench)
Clippers(Paul,Blake,Jordan-great bench)
Rockets(Howard,Harden,Parsons-great bench)
Warriors(Curry,Iggy,Thompson-good bench)

There is no guarantee that OKC is good enough to even get to the WCF anymore. Teams have caught up. There GM has screwed the pooch. As loyal as Kevin is, does he want to be seen as the loyal guy who never won anything? Or does he want to be considered the best of his generation next to Lebron? You need rings to accomplish this feat, and OKC lost out on that chance when they shipped Harden off to Houston.

Voice of Aus is offline Old 10-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
Voice of Aus
Contributing Member
Voice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneVoice of Aus is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2013
Member: #55834
I'll go out on a limb and say Hinkle and the sixers will convince KD to join phili after wiggins leads the league in PPG

Recent Thread - Statistical Analysis on Ariza vs Parsons contracts