ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Stephen A Smith ESPN - Dwight Howard interview
Tags:  basketball, daryl morey, dwight howard, espn, houston, houston rockets, interview, nba, stephen a. smith, youtube Tags
Swishh is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Swishh
Swishh is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSwishh is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2013
Member: #54848
Nice interview, great questions asked by SAS and great answers by Dwight.

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited by Rockets2K; 07-14-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Sponsored Link
Swishh is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Swishh
Swishh is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSwishh is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2013
Member: #54848
Among the things talked about are Kobe unfollowing Dwight on twitter / Kobe's picture on Instagram of him and Pau after Dwight chose Houston , responding to Shaq/Magic/Kareem's comments about Dwight, and more.

rockbox is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
rockbox
Contributing Member
rockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2000
Member: #1746
I like Dwight a lot. He's a free agent. He gets the choice to go to what's best for him. I'm glad it was us.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Lie-Statis...ith+statistics

K-Low_4_Prez is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
K-Low_4_Prez
K-Low_4_Prez is Omer Asik -- working the boardsK-Low_4_Prez is Omer Asik -- working the boardsK-Low_4_Prez is Omer Asik -- working the boardsK-Low_4_Prez is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #50031
Nice, is there a part 2?

rocketpower2 is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
rocketpower2
rocketpower2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketpower2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32498
Great interview. Found it funny that Dwight was trying not to crack up laughing when asked about the Kobe/Pau twitter-instagram stuff.

BDswangHTX is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
BDswangHTX
BDswangHTX is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBDswangHTX is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBDswangHTX is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2010
Member: #46119
I only take my SAS commentary with a side of Skip Bayless rebuttal.

"Give a man a mask, and he will show you his true face." - Oscar Wilde

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but, when we look back everything is different? - C.S. Lewis

cjtaylorpt is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
cjtaylorpt
cjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the pointscjtaylorpt is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38284
Dwight will be this year's Lebron in terms of gaining the respect back from the league. I am just glad he will be doing it on our stomping grounds.

I know this is going to sound impossible, but I think ESPN will start to pick on Kevin Durant now. That's just how this works. Build a player up to be the next best thing. Then, break him down for minor things or lack of [blank]. Then a big move happens. Redemption. On to the next guy.

Convictedstupid is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
Convictedstupid
Convictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boardsConvictedstupid is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #32678
Great answers by Dwight.

nene is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
nene
Contributing Member
nene is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: May 2002
Member: #4109
This!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Low_4_Prez View Post
Nice, is there a part 2?

Rox_Mayhem is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #10
Rox_Mayhem
Rox_Mayhem is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2010
Member: #46340
All great answers from Dwight. You can tell he has already matured form his past experiences .

rocketpower2 is offline Old 07-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
rocketpower2
rocketpower2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketpower2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32498
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Low_4_Prez View Post
Nice, is there a part 2?
I would guess they are saving Part 2 for Sunday Conversation

amaru is offline Old 07-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
amaru
amaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42710
Agreed great interview and answers from Dwight

"Who are we? We are the descendants of slaves...We are the heirs of a past of rope, fire, and murder. I for one am not ashamed of this past. My shame is for those who became so inhuman that they could inflict this torture upon us"

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

IN MOREY I TRUST!

Mathloom is offline Old 07-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #13
Mathloom
Contributing Member
Mathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchMathloom is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33940
Impressive, didn't expect him to handle those questions as well as he did.

csc177 is offline Old 07-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
csc177
csc177 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49137
I agree. Great interview. Stephen A asked the questions we wanted to know, and D12 had great answers. I hope he clears up he did NOT flip flop in his decision in part 2 of the interview.

LandryFields is offline Old 07-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #15
LandryFields
LandryFields is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2013
Member: #53654
great interview. I especially liked his response towards the bitter Laker legends at the end. F### them. Like he said, Hakeem has never said anything bad about him and has worked with him even since his days in Orlando, whereas Lakers legends have criticized him publicly even during his time in LA.

bongman is offline Old 07-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
bongman
bongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finebongman is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2002
Member: #3931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathloom View Post
Impressive, didn't expect him to handle those questions as well as he did.
It's not really hard to answer hard questions as long as your truthful with your response. I have to agree with you that it was impressive as it had a genuine and sincere feel to it.

Knickskiller is offline Old 07-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
Knickskiller
Knickskiller is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodKnickskiller is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52456
man , i like him!

whoisray is offline Old 07-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #18
whoisray
Contributing Member
whoisray is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5471
I really have a good feeling about this team and DH12. Almost like his personality just fits with the Rox. Win some rings and all critics will be quieted.

DaonlyLA is offline Old 07-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #19
DaonlyLA
DaonlyLA is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2008
Member: #33107
We are going to get the most out of Dwight, he is Locked In!!

sammy is offline Old 07-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #20
sammy
Contributing Member
sammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchsammy is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5635
I cannot wait. Dwight is on a mission.