1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith ESPN - Dwight Howard interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Swag

Swag Member

wheres part 2 at?

2. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I don't see how this interview is "kissing Dwight's ass". He asks great, cogent questions and Dwight gives intelligent, thought out responses.

I've gained respect for both just due to this 5 minute video.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree. Some people don't realize that people change and mature daily. I bet the whole "who is chandler parsons" thing, embarassed SAS a bit.

4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Wow great interview all around. Love the honesty in his answers.

I am so happy!

5. Swishh

Swishh Member

Durant has NO EXCUSE for not winning a championship in OKC. The dude has Westbrook on his team who is definitely a top 10 player, and to some, a top 5 player in the league.

Lebron, Melo, Chris Paul, etc....when they all left their teams, they did so because they didn't have one other superstar on their team, but Durant does. No excuses for him. And I tend to agree on what Bayless has to say regarding Durant.

6. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I love SAS. The only real reporter out there other than Woj. SAS actally speaks the truth and has actual sources and friends inside the NBA. All the players respect him.

7. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

It's not like Chandler Parsons was a popular player outside of Houston when SAS said that.

8. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Who gives a damn... Damn hater

9. nemac

nemac Member

Lin is a shooting guard pretending to be a point guard?

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Nice, good answers by Dwight. There's no need to create animosity by saying more about LA, Kobe or the old legends. Just move on, like he said. What I find funny about ESPN though is that there front page doesn't even have a cover story about Dwight finally signing.

11. kastuul

kastuul Member

Last year, Stephen A wanted badly Dwight to sign in Brooklyn b/c he is from NY.

He doesn't want him go to Houston even there is a better basketball situation.

12. conquistador#11

so this guy went from chump when he said, "i don't even know who chandler parsons is." to hero, because he says a few good things? sorry, not buying it.

Stephen A. is no dummy. He knows this team will be hot next year and is just trying to amend things. WE WILL SEE! HOWWWWEVAH COOL TO HEAR TALKING HEADS TALK ROCKETS NATION WIDE!

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

See, even when you want to dislike SAS, you still compliment him. LOL :grin:;)

14. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

You can tell how much D12 have grown all this past years! It was an awesome interview and I like the way he laid it flat that he is Dwight Howard and he is not scared of stepping in to bright lights! Go Rocketman!

15. PeppermintCandy

I guess this interview is Howard's way of "putting the past behind him," but he comes off to me as being pretty sensitive about his reputation and what people say about him.

Anyway, I really hope he'll stop talking about all this trivial BS about his public image once the season starts, and really get down to the business of leading this team to a championship.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I highly doubt that. Rocket fans were just unfair to him after that tidbit. He has almost always been calm and collected when giving interviews. The First Take version of SAS is just his shtick. He is nothing like that when reporting from the sidelines at games or doing other stuff on Sportscenter.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Besides, the "who the hell is Chandler Parsons" is just an expression. I don't think he really did not know who he is. Just didn't know he could drop 37 so efficiently against the Knicks. This WAS the start of Parsons' second season, so it is not like he was a well known player then (especially after a lockout season). Now SAS has full respect for Parsons, especially after the playoffs.

18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

The most telling part of that interview was when he talked about Orlando and going back to make everyone happy. It looks bad but at least he was honest about it. It was interesting in SAS's interview on 790 he talked about Orlando taking advantage of DH's personality and making him feel guilty for leaving by talking about family and sticking together. That's a dirty move by the Magic.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Part 2 is going to air on Sportscenter in a little bit... not sure exactly when, they just said "later in this show." SAS was just on and said that the front office is "on the verge" of hiring Dream.

20. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Well he said "Chandler Parsons, whom I've never heard of in my life" - that kinda sounds like he means it... He deserved all the scrutiny then - doesn't mean he doesn't know a lot about superstars...