ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Official McHale Coach of the Year Thread
Tags:  basketball, houston rockets, james harden, job, kevin mchale, league, lost, nba, omer asik, playoffs Tags
CXbby is online now Old 03-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
CXbby
Contributing Member
CXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9639
Currently 7th seed with the youngest team in the league and looking to move up.

On track to be the least experienced team to ever make the playoffs.

System that produces the #3 ranked offense in the entire league.

Team plays unselfishly, great ball movement, great chemistry.

Team never quits, battles every single game. Have lost by 20+ only 3 times the entire year: OKC, @OKC, @SAS.

Has done a great job at developing and utilizing young players like Harden, Parsons, Asik, Lin, Beverly. Will continue to do a great job at making young players with great potential like Lin, Dmo, Robinson improve and become more consistent.

These are all traits of a well-coached team, which is exactly what we have. We are lucky to have him, and personally I look forward to rooting him on as a legitimate Coach of the Year candidate.

Oh, darn guys, I was referring to the entire season. Not one 5 minute span of one 4th quarter of one game that only in hindsight he may or may not have made the right move just like any other coaching decision by any other coach.

Sponsored Link
dmoneybangbang is offline Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
dmoneybangbang
dmoneybangbang is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2012
Member: #50835
I doubt it. I don't credit McHale, but the whole coaching staff. The assistant coaches do most of the heavy lifting. With that said, we are ahead of schedule in our this young team's development.

muas2010 is offline Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
muas2010
muas2010 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52765
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXbby View Post

Team never quits, battles every single game. Have lost by 20+ only 3 times the entire year: OKC, @OKC, @SAS.

Has done a great job at developing and utilizing young players like Harden, Parsons, Asik, Lin, Beverly. Will continue to do a great job at making young players with great potential like Lin, Dmo, Robinson improve and become more consistent.

These are all traits of a well-coached team, which is exactly what we have. We are lucky to have him, and personally I look forward to rooting him on as a legitimate Coach of the Year candidate.

Oh, darn guys, I was referring to the entire season. Not one 5 minute span of one 4th quarter of one game that only in hindsight he may or may not have made the right move just like any other coaching decision by any other coach.
Agreed.

gorockets2009 is offline Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
gorockets2009
Rookie
gorockets2009 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #34686
U r kidding?Right?
Quote:

Stan "so now he improves to the bench". everyone laughed left Morey embarrassed.

Better to throw up a bad shot than make a bad pass.

McHale grabbed Lowry and pulled him back toward a time out huddle, with Lowry reacting so angrily he was restrained by teammates.

Just donít play me two minutes, sit me the whole game and yell at everything I do.

http://i49.tinypic.com/zxtwg0.jpg

wapz is offline Old 03-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
wapz
wapz is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2012
Member: #53241
Quote:

lol. the beard has been doing the heavy lifting. mchale is still mcfail.

Second_Cousin is offline Old 03-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Second_Cousin
Second_Cousin is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51950
"Has done a great job at developing and utilizing young players like Harden, Parsons, Asik, Lin, Beverly. Will continue to do a great job at making young players with great potential like Lin, Dmo, Robinson improve and become more consistent.

These are all traits of a well-coached team."

This has to be a joke thread.

ch0c0b0fr34k is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
ch0c0b0fr34k
ch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodch0c0b0fr34k is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30747
Cxbby, the only poster on CF.net whose posts deteriorate elative to the time he spends writing them.

"I shot (free throws) like I was Mark Price. I had a slower song tonight in my head. Last night I had a fast song and I was going too fast. Tonight I had a couple slow jams playing in my head and I did pretty good so I'm going to keep it up. ... The playlist was some Tank, some Tyrese and some Usher and some Beyonce. And on the Beyonce's I hit all net so I might have to keep singing Beyonce."
- Dwight Howard on his excellent free throw shooting technique

crash5179 is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
crash5179
Contributing Member
crash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardscrash5179 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2000
Member: #2052
Yes this is a no brainer to all but LOFs

Jontro is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
They don't call him McAwesome, McSuccess, and McBrilliant for nothing.

sirbaihu is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
sirbaihu
sirbaihu is Omer Asik -- working the boardssirbaihu is Omer Asik -- working the boardssirbaihu is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20368
I never expected we would be over .500 at this point in the season. This is the most fun I've had as a Rockets fan in a while. I don't know what McHale does as coach, but I am not complaining about the results!

ivanyy2000 is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
ivanyy2000
Contributing Member
ivanyy2000 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7580
Coach of year will be an insult to McHale.

Coach of the century is more proper. Go HcHale, go CXbby!

thedude077 is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
thedude077
thedude077 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52829
LMAO! No! They're in the 7th seed because we actually have talent and Harden. Maybe if we go to the 5th seed or 4 he'll be coach of the year.

ColdspringX is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #13
ColdspringX
ColdspringX is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17677
I dont know who gonna be the coach of the year, but I think this one deserves to be the post of the year.

CXbby is online now Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #14
CXbby
Contributing Member
CXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9639
Quote:
Originally Posted by wapz View Post
lol. the beard has been doing the heavy lifting. mchale is still mcfail.
Harden was a 16PPG career bench player without McHale. What a terrific job coach has done at developing him and allowing Harden to play to his strengths.

rocketblood713 is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
rocketblood713
rocketblood713 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrocketblood713 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48769
this is the thread that should be up more then the fire mchale thread youngest team to be in the playoffs and are in the 7th seed and yall wanna fire him lol talk about dumb

Nook is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #16
Nook
Nook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsNook is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32535
Look, McHale is not John Wooden or Red Auerbach .... but the guy has taken a team with virtually all new starters, three of which were bench players last year, and has the Rockets in the playoff chase. This team has no business winning 45 games at it's age.

If I had to pick the 5 best coaches in the NBA McHale wouldn't be on my list, but his players play very hard, never give up and listen to him. There have been no issues among the players and no one has really spoken out against McHale... That sounds like a guy doing well enough to deserve some credit.

dxdx is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
dxdx
dxdx is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2013
Member: #54209
Quote:
Harden was a 16PPG career bench player without McHale. What a terrific job coach has done at developing him and allowing Harden to play to his strengths.
Harden was a 16 ppg bench player because OKC failed to see his potential. Frankly, you can't blame them considering they were already stacked with Westbrook and Durant.

Thread title should credit Morey (and the scouting team) for identifying and bringing in players who were grossly undervalued, not Mcfail for benefiting from FO's efforts.

forsythtroy is online now Old 03-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
forsythtroy
Contributing Member
forsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneforsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneforsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneforsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneforsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneforsythtroy is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2003
Member: #12561
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude077 View Post
LMAO! No! They're in the 7th seed because we actually have talent and Harden. Maybe if we go to the 5th seed or 4 he'll be coach of the year.
Talent and Harden? Harden isn't talented? Whomever wins Coach of the Year will have no talent at his disposal?

rocketfaithful is offline Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #19
rocketfaithful
rocketfaithful is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51584
Coach Kevin Mchale is a very good motivator and in practice teacher. he lacks however, the in game adjustments that make coaches the coach of the year. for example, monday against the mavs TRob had a sick block followed by a Harden three and the Mavs called timeout and adjusted while Mchale didn't so they took over the final three minuts!

conquistador#11 is online now Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeemconquistador#11 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
Morey is too humble, but the way he assembles his roster with players that play together in a team environment and high basketball i.q...that's why we've been in a playoff hunt. Players that can manage to be tops in assists in a system "where we don't know what we're doing." That's all Morey.

Tim floyd could be out there and we would have the same record. But keep fighting the good fight.