1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official McHale Coach of the Year Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Mar 7, 2013.

1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

But when you have a canter who's a Seven footer(not 6'6) who is your best defender and rebounder he has to play in the most important situations of the game at all times. Especially in the final 6 minutes of the game, even at over times.

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I opened this hoping that it would open up my mind...but no...

I am still not a believer.

I'll take Finch/Bickerstaff/Sampson coaching this team over Kevin any day.

I'm grateful for DM and our Rockets players however. They sure have exceeded expectations.

4. Postcall

Postcall Member

I call it like I see it.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7974223/houston-rockets-kyle-lowry-issue-kevin-mchale-coach

I was responding to a statement regarding if any player complained about Mchale. But you are right that I dont have intimate knowledge of Lowry's feelings in the way you seem to.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yes No McHale isn't getting COY. Vogel has a legitimate chance. Woodson as well. Delnegro has a shot also.

6. borednsleepy

borednsleepy Member

Maybe Denver should have the COY

7. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

this thread is a trap

8. munco

munco Member

Pretty sure we're not even the youngest team anymore and even when we were, it was only a few months younger than Denver and OKC. The average age for those teams and us is 24 years old.

I would vote McHale as the most overrated coach of the year. Would any team with a superstar in his fourth year in the league be okay with anything less than making the playoffs?

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Sampson > Mchale

10. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Look I agree that McHale doesn't get enough credit BUT how many times have you seen us come out of a timeout and run a Harden ISO? If you went to be considered a good coach, you HAVE to be able to run the right play at the right time. Telling Harden to go ISO the entire 4th quarter is not something that should be celebrated. If we didn't sign Harden and were 20 games under .500, do you think you would be making this thread?

But I do agree, people don't give McHale enough credit.

11. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

McHale is a beast of a coach....

12. titanfan

titanfan Member

for wut ive seen his coaching ought to get him moron of the year award

13. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

dude no kidding its Morey NOT Mchale brings us 7 seed, he has been stalking Asik for years who is monster of rebound and elite defender. He paid tons of money to get Lin who was known for clutch, and james jesus HARDEN!! It is MOREY who makes the difference!!!

Mchale is at best mediocre coach, damn u guys watched the games, its so fcking ridiculous to call him coach of the year, its focking insane!!

14. thekad

thekad Member

But McHale hasn't lead the Rockets to the 7th seed. According to every metric, the Rockets record is worse than it should be. Partly a reflection of blind chance but also a reflection of a mismanagement of the talent the GM of the year has provided for McHale. A coach's number one job is to put his best players on the court; McHale has failed at this consistently for two years now.

And I'm near the furthest thing from a Lin only fan.

But I suppose some people will fly the company flag no matter what. Seriously, think for yourself.

15. kumakun

kumakun Member

How is he a good coach when these literally nobody left with him a year so except Parsons. You know he McHale sucks because he let's Harden do what he wants without reprimand while people like Lin make one mistake and it's over and lots of yelling. I never saw McHale yell at harden after 8 TOs. It's like a teachers pet that gets away with things.

16. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

i can probably coach this team to 50 wins. can i get coy?

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Stop playin.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He's doing for Harden what was done for Durant, let him go out there and play, if he makes mistakes, as long as he learns from them, he's being groomed to lead the franchise for a decade, because well, he's going to be leading the franchise for a decade.

19. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

As much as what I liked McHale for whats he's done, its going to Pop. Having said that, he should be in the conversation. He deserves it.

20. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

HA.. hows lowry been in Toronto? Oh yea, I forgot they tried to trade him at one point because of attitude