1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejūnas: "I want to play, rather than sit on the bench"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houstonas, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

[​IMG]
    http://www.lrytas.lt/sportas/krepsi...noru-persikeles-d-motiejunas-laukia-mainu.htm

Donatas Motiejunas asked for sending him in the D-League, "I want to play, rather than sit on the bench". Donatas said "It is better to play as much as possible there, and then you decide what to do next", for the Rockets.
    He asked the club managers and coaches, maybe he is doing wrong.
    They said it is satisfied with everything, promised that he will play, but time is running out, half the season gone, and Donatas is still left on the bench.

V. Bulotas (his agent) is going to take place next month in the United States and meet with Rockets club leaders, including the scout unit director working for Arthur Karnišovas.

It may be that one of the subjects will be available in exchange for which D. Motiejunas being placed in another NBA club.

"We will try to speak on various topics - said D. Motiejūnas representative. - But it all depends on the Rockets' intentions. We can ask for anything, willing, but not affect the club's decision. "

2. AFS

AFS Member

For whatever reason, I read this entire article in a Russian accent.

5 people like this.
  3. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Must be killing him that he can't get any significant court time, even when the team is down 20+ points.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Can't blame him for sounding upset. Beverley gets a chance to play meaningful minutes right after being signed and he's stuck playing extreme garbage time even with the 2 current pfs struggling.

5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

So sad. I really like his game.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Can you blame him?

I think it would be different if the players in front of him were producing.

I think it would be different if the Rockets didn't acquire Beverly and then immediately threw him out on the court.

I think at that point...with Morris and Patterson sucking...while Beverly gets a chance at real minutes...I think at that point any player would start to question things.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hope the new coaching staff (hopefully soon) will give the brah some burn.

I hate to see him waste his time in the DL and on the bench. Morris and PPat are bench player quality.

8. underrated015

underrated015 Member

can you blame him for being upset. 2pat sucks n marcus morris is a streak shooter. put him in the game mchale.

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

fixed:grin:

10. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

Sorry for my gramma :D Still, I am waiting for Trade dead-line, it better to play wherever rather to sit and watch, mostly I hate those: You are doing it right, you are good, but ammm no playing time.. I don't get it why McHale don't want to give him a single chance? 10-15 minutes in one game as a PF not center, he has such a offense potential.

1 person likes this.
  11. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

There was the Royce White debacle,

There was the player's only meeting where they were allegedly calling each other out,

Now Donatas wants to leave the club

And we're going to lose a little bit more and fall outside of the play-offs picture.

Brace yourselves, the Rockets are going into a tail-spin.

12. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

We are to overloaded at power forward. Hopefully and trade can brew soon

13. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

I don't think he drasticly want to leave Rockets, he just want a solution, for both sides. If he is not playing he want to play wherever he gets playing time. If the Rockets can quarantee this for him why not? But he is a young talent he needs to develop not by sitting on the bench.

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do like his attitude and competitiveness. You can see it eating at him when he is on the bench. I just have a hard time seeing why McHale doesn't go to the 7ft PF with post skills when the team needs a mysterious spark.

Motiejunas isn't in trade demand mode yet. But you can see it coming. And understandably.

15. philchips

philchips Member

McHale is responsible for royce white pick. He also let beverly play right away yet the 1st rd draft picks get nothing in terms of minutes. I don't understand the logic. He starts a 3 at the 4. The teams defensive effort is awful. Why not develop some youngsters but no. mchale should be the one leaving.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

same...

17. Dei

Dei Member

Uh-oh. Motiejunas is the one reason I'd genuinely fire McHale with no hesitation.

18. NotChandlerParsons

It's killing me, I know that much.

19. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

He's just a rookie, although a very talented one. I think most Rocket fans would love to see him get some meaningful playing time this season but I hope he can stay patient. His time will come...

20. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I'm glad DMo just wants to play, has a little fire, and isn't afraid to communicate with the front office in a constructive manner.

McHale's unwillingness to play DMo/Jones at least some more minutes, his over-reliance on Harden, insistence on playing harden ISP-ball and the lack of in-between game for the team, small ball, in-game substitutions etc etc are just really frustrating.