ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Donatas Motiejūnas: "I want to play, rather than sit on the bench"
Tags:  2013, basketball, houston rockets, images, league, nba, nba development league, sending, united states Tags
Houstonas is offline Old 01-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
Houstonas
Houstonas is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2011
Member: #49602

http://www.lrytas.lt/sportas/krepsin...ukia-mainu.htm

Donatas Motiejunas asked for sending him in the D-League, "I want to play, rather than sit on the bench". Donatas said "It is better to play as much as possible there, and then you decide what to do next", for the Rockets.
He asked the club managers and coaches, maybe he is doing wrong.
They said it is satisfied with everything, promised that he will play, but time is running out, half the season gone, and Donatas is still left on the bench.

V. Bulotas (his agent) is going to take place next month in the United States and meet with Rockets club leaders, including the scout unit director working for Arthur Karnišovas.

It may be that one of the subjects will be available in exchange for which D. Motiejunas being placed in another NBA club.

"We will try to speak on various topics - said D. Motiejūnas representative. - But it all depends on the Rockets' intentions. We can ask for anything, willing, but not affect the club's decision. "

Sponsored Link
AFS is offline Old 01-24-2013, 01:50 AM   #2
AFS
AFS is Omer Asik -- working the boardsAFS is Omer Asik -- working the boardsAFS is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47830
For whatever reason, I read this entire article in a Russian accent.

JeffB is offline Old 01-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #3
JeffB
Contributing Member
JeffB is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJeffB is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJeffB is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #689
Must be killing him that he can't get any significant court time, even when the team is down 20+ points.

SuperStar is offline Old 01-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
SuperStar
SuperStar is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodSuperStar is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29917
Can't blame him for sounding upset. Beverley gets a chance to play meaningful minutes right after being signed and he's stuck playing extreme garbage time even with the 2 current pfs struggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockieGuy09
What's your obsession with brains?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveFox View Post
i am a young artist men

bobmarley is offline Old 01-24-2013, 01:57 AM   #5
bobmarley
Contributing Member
bobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herebobmarley is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13144
So sad. I really like his game.

1st loser 2011-2012 DonnyMost NFL Pick 'Em
Winner 2009 Clutchfan's Second Chance NFL Pick 'Em

JayGoogle is offline Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #6
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Can you blame him?

I think it would be different if the players in front of him were producing.

I think it would be different if the Rockets didn't acquire Beverly and then immediately threw him out on the court.

I think at that point...with Morris and Patterson sucking...while Beverly gets a chance at real minutes...I think at that point any player would start to question things.

Jontro is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:01 AM   #7
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
I hope the new coaching staff (hopefully soon) will give the brah some burn.

I hate to see him waste his time in the DL and on the bench. Morris and PPat are bench player quality.

underrated015 is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #8
underrated015
underrated015 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35218
can you blame him for being upset. 2pat sucks n marcus morris is a streak shooter. put him in the game mchale.

dragonz is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #9
dragonz
dragonz is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25443
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFS View Post
For whatever reason, I read this entire article in a Russian gangster accent.
fixed

Houstonas is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 AM   #10
Houstonas
Sorry for my gramma :D Still, I am waiting for Trade dead-line, it better to play wherever rather to sit and watch, mostly I hate those: You are doing it right, you are good, but ammm no playing time.. I don't get it why McHale don't want to give him a single chance? 10-15 minutes in one game as a PF not center, he has such a offense potential.

charles_zed is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 AM   #11
charles_zed
charles_zed is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodcharles_zed is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51755
There was the Royce White debacle,

There was the player's only meeting where they were allegedly calling each other out,

Now Donatas wants to leave the club

And we're going to lose a little bit more and fall outside of the play-offs picture.

Brace yourselves, the Rockets are going into a tail-spin.

Captain Hook is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #12
Captain Hook
Captain Hook is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47312
We are to overloaded at power forward. Hopefully and trade can brew soon

Houstonas is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #13
Houstonas
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_zed View Post
There was the Royce White debacle,

There was the player's only meeting where they were allegedly calling each other out,

Now Donatas wants to leave the club

And we're going to lose a little bit more and fall outside of the play-offs picture.

Brace yourselves, the Rockets are going into a tail-spin.
I don't think he drasticly want to leave Rockets, he just want a solution, for both sides. If he is not playing he want to play wherever he gets playing time. If the Rockets can quarantee this for him why not? But he is a young talent he needs to develop not by sitting on the bench.

JeffB is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #14
JeffB
Contributing Member
JeffB is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJeffB is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJeffB is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 1999
Member: #689
I do like his attitude and competitiveness. You can see it eating at him when he is on the bench. I just have a hard time seeing why McHale doesn't go to the 7ft PF with post skills when the team needs a mysterious spark.

Motiejunas isn't in trade demand mode yet. But you can see it coming. And understandably.

philchips is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #15
philchips
philchips is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52598
McHale is responsible for royce white pick. He also let beverly play right away yet the 1st rd draft picks get nothing in terms of minutes. I don't understand the logic. He starts a 3 at the 4. The teams defensive effort is awful. Why not develop some youngsters but no. mchale should be the one leaving.

dachuda86 is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #16
dachuda86
dachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdachuda86 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2008
Member: #31678
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFS View Post
For whatever reason, I read this entire article in a Russian accent.
same...

Dei is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:30 AM   #17
Dei
Dei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDei is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19029
Uh-oh. Motiejunas is the one reason I'd genuinely fire McHale with no hesitation.

NotChandlerParsons is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #18
NotChandlerParsons
NotChandlerParsons is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNotChandlerParsons is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52762
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
Must be killing him that he can't get any significant court time, even when the team is down 20+ points.
It's killing me, I know that much.

bootsdaddy is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 AM   #19
bootsdaddy
bootsdaddy is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonas View Post
I don't think he drasticly want to leave Rockets, he just want a solution, for both sides. If he is not playing he want to play wherever he gets playing time. If the Rockets can quarantee this for him why not? But he is a young talent he needs to develop not by sitting on the bench.
He's just a rookie, although a very talented one. I think most Rocket fans would love to see him get some meaningful playing time this season but I hope he can stay patient. His time will come...

mike_lu is offline Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #20
mike_lu
mike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2006
Member: #16422
I'm glad DMo just wants to play, has a little fire, and isn't afraid to communicate with the front office in a constructive manner.

McHale's unwillingness to play DMo/Jones at least some more minutes, his over-reliance on Harden, insistence on playing harden ISP-ball and the lack of in-between game for the team, small ball, in-game substitutions etc etc are just really frustrating.