ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Source: Houston Potential Destination for Cousins, but Unlikely...
Tags:  basketball, boston, charlotte, dallas, demarcus cousins, detroit, houston, houston rockets, nba, orlando, sacramento, trade, usa, washington Tags
thekad is offline Old 12-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
thekad
thekad is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodthekad is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #23394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Jones
Yesterday, USA Today reported that Sacramento is attempting to deal Demarcus Cousins, but there is a split between management and ownership on the deal. The management of Sacramento believes a trade would be best for both parties, while ownership is hoping to get more for their most prized asset. Today KSR has spoken with a source close to Demarcus Cousins both that confirms trade talks are ongoing and Cousins is hoping a deal will be worked out soon. According to the source, the four teams that are most likely to end up making such a deal for cousins are Boston, Dallas, Orlando and Charlotte. The USA Today story reported that Detroit, Houston and Washington are also potential destinations, but the source tells KSR that Cousins has been told those are all unlikely for a variety of reasons.
More here: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=12...omment-1958243

"Variety of reasons" = #RoyceWhite?

Sponsored Link
RedDynasty is offline Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
RedDynasty
RedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50154
Oh hell yeah

KingStevo10 is offline Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
KingStevo10
KingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsKingStevo10 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42982
No to him we already have enough headcases on this team Royce

Haymitch is offline Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
Haymitch
Contributing Member
Haymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsHaymitch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2005
Member: #16399
For dirt cheap, ok. Otherwise, gracias pero no gracias.

AFS is online now Old 12-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
AFS
AFS is Omer Asik -- working the boardsAFS is Omer Asik -- working the boardsAFS is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47830
Those primary destinations are interesting candidates. I wonder if Boston could keep Rondo while acquiring Cousins. I think his game would benefit a lot from playing with a good PG.

Dreamin is offline Old 12-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Dreamin
Dreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47905
We should try and pry Hayes too.

meh is offline Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Development of Harden and Asik have made Cousins a less tantalizing move than before I'm sure. While teams with no star like Dallas or Orlando would not suffer much if Cousins turn out to be a bust.

Morey likely makes a decent offer, but not a great offer.

Screw is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Screw
Screw is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51617
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFS View Post
Those primary destinations are interesting candidates. I wonder if Boston could keep Rondo while acquiring Cousins. I think his game would benefit a lot from playing with a good PG.
They wouldnt trade Rondo lol

Win or Lose. Rocket's Everytime.

teebone21 is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
teebone21
teebone21 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49861
i we an get white off this team and he gets waived by the kings i am all for it.

knickstorm is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #10
knickstorm
knickstorm is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodknickstorm is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18357
lol there's just enough shots to go around as is.....cousins is going to throw a fit if he doesnt get his shots.

DreamShook is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #11
DreamShook
DreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
Is this why Aldrich has been playing so much in the last week?

RedDynasty is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #12
RedDynasty
RedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boardsRedDynasty is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Smith + Patterson + Delfino + 2 picks

For

Cousins + Salmons

We get young, highly talented center and okay veteran backup.

They get a solid power forward, a good young center, a vet, and 2 picks, as well as dumping a big contract in Salmons.

Sounds like A LOT, but I feel this is what it takes. I take it.

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Cousins
Asik

Yes.

teebone21 is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #13
teebone21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDynasty View Post

For

Cousins + Salmons

They get a solid power forward, a good young center, a vet, and 2 picks, as well as dumping a big contract in Salmons.

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Cousins
Asik

Yes.
nope, morey will not risk his max cap space

vcchlw is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #14
vcchlw
Contributing Member
vcchlw is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodvcchlw is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5198
Royce White for Demarcus Cousins!

CertifiedTroll is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #15
CertifiedTroll
CertifiedTroll is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodCertifiedTroll is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50246
Quote:

For

Cousins + Salmons

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Cousins
Asik

Yes.
Go away

Ynnis888 is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #16
Ynnis888
Ynnis888 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYnnis888 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #52012
Please do not trade Smith.

http://youtu.be/IngtBwg4lkQ

torocan is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #17
torocan
torocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heretorocan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52386
I'm guessing that "variety of reasons" = Morey won't pay through the nose for him.

DMC is good, but I wouldn't sell the farm to get him. He's talented, but he's a headcase.

http://wagesofwins.com/2012/03/22/yo...games-so-what/

RedDynasty is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #18
RedDynasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebone21 View Post
nope, morey will not risk his max cap space
Good point, but you don't think he would risk the max space for a player like Cousins? He's a headcase, but he does have potential. Not to mention this free agency class isn't exactly homerun. Paul's not leaving, Dwight's not leaving. Max to Millsap? Not happening.

teebone21 is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
teebone21
Quote:
Good point, but you don't think he would risk the max space for a player like Cousins? He's a headcase, but he does have potential. Not to mention this free agency class isn't exactly homerun. Paul's not leaving, Dwight's not leaving. Max to Millsap? Not happening.
Morey tends to be all about the future and unless cousins can spread the floor like patterson it would be a counterproductive move that is against our offense. Cousins is no where close to a max player. He is like javel mcgee at washington as opposed to javel in denver. Bone headed

Arthurprescott2 is offline Old 12-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #20
Arthurprescott2
Arthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodArthurprescott2 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51824
Boston will try to bid for Cousins, though they lack the assets.

I no longer have to watch RGV games to see DMo!!!