1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Houston Potential Destination for Cousins, but Unlikely...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Dec 30, 2012.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

houston probbaly has to throw in a 1st rounder and another year's 2nd rounder.

No way cousins is given up for role players

2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Asik makes 8 mill on books double what cousins makes. To the kings they will pay him 5 mill and 15 in year 3. Do you think they want his poison pill contract ?

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Given that Amer is doing well and Royce is not, I don't think we will spend a dime to get Cousins and I like Cousins.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

My guess is the Celtics are showcasing Jeff Green for a reason. In his last two games he went 7-28. Maybe he knows what's up, because in his last game he went 5-17.

Anyways, I doubt they want him. That leaves Lee, Bradley, and Sullinger. I'm sure the Celtics want to keep all three of them, but they need Bradley the most and Sullinger has the most value. I don't think it's enough even if they offered all three and took back Hayes' contract and threw in picks. It might be enough if they did and took back Salmons, but then they would have to throw in Bass or Terry's overpaid contract.

I would take back Salmons or Hayes if that means we get Cousins. I'd rather have a guarantee in Cousins than a chance to sign Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, or Andre Iguadola. Outside of Jefferson I think he is the best of this group, and he is 6 years younger (22).

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Even Lee went 0-6 last night, and Sullinger who is always consistent went 2-5. Looks like Boston is out.

Cousins had a triple double last night against the Celtics 12/10/10 and 1 steal.

What does Dallas have outside of Mayo on a 1 year deal and Dirk who they won't trade? Collison is not enough to get the deal done even if they add other players and a pick.

All Orlando has is that draft pick which I don't see them throwing in. I doubt Sacramento, who's losing money now, will take a future pick. They could offer the package they received for Dwight and hear the Kings laugh as they hang up the phone.

The Wiz wouldn't offer Beal for Harden, so they won't for Cousins.

The Pistons can offer Drummond and some other players outside of Monroe. I doubt they give up their pick along with Drummond. It would be either or and the Kings want both.

Charlotte is the only team that can offer something for Cousins. Biyombo and Walker is an excellent package for the Kings which I'm sure they would jump on.

As for Houston we can build a package including two players from Parsons, Patterson, Morris, and D-Mo. I doubt they want any undersized PF's since they have Robinson (who has under performed as an undersized 4, along with Hayes). The deal would have to involve Asik and us taking back Hayes or Salmons. If we take back Salmons (who isn't a bad player, but an expensive player we don't need) then they can have whatever picks we have left. If they give us Garcia I would not mind throwing in a young prospect.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If we trade Asik, the team that gets him pays the same salary the Rockets are paying. A bit over $8 million a year. However, I don't want to trade Omer.

7. Orange

Orange Member

I hope this happens.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think the only reason the Kings are talking to the Celtics is because they want to offer Evans and Cousins for Rondo. I'm sure they would throw their pick as well. The Celtics obviously won't do it, but it's not a bad offer considering the Celtics need to rebuild.

That trade suggested by Simmons is pretty good, but the Kings have to give up a lot. I don't think they would do it. Swap Sullinger with Melo (he's a bust). I still think the Kings don't want anymore undersized fours.

9. candyman285

candyman285 Member

Chemistry is the name is the name of the game, seems like Cousins likes to destroy that every chance he gets. I would rather have a good team player, then someone who berates his teammates and coaches.

10. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I know hes immature but we need to take this gamble.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

From what I understand (Bima did a thing on this iirc)

the Rockets and anybody who trades for Omer is paying out of pocket 5,5, 15 but the cap hit is 8.3 every year. That is worked into his contract now and it won't change if he's traded or not.

12. valorita

valorita Member

Lin would be the only acceptable offer we can make. Maybe Lin and fill ins for Cousins Hayes

13. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Nobody's talking about this, but OKC might be able to get rid of Perkins and get Cousins with the Toronto pick. They may still have a lot left from the harden trade to make other upgrades. Presti is a genius...

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check that out.

15. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It's not even like it's Cousins versus management or Cousins versus the NBA.

His teammates freaking hate him.

Per David Aldridge:

Sounds like DeMarCuS Cousins literally ruined Christmas for his team. Locker room cancer x 100 right there. This fascination with this player has got to stop.

16. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

This is an upgrade for OKC only in the sense that many, many players are an upgrade over Kendrick Perkins.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

My guess is the Rockets trade one of Asik or Lin before year three (and more than likely before next season to make the trade more enticing for the other team). Lin is a cash cow, so it's gonna be Asik. I don't see Les paying them $30 million in 2014.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is true but if Presti and OKC are to keep on preaching cap room flexibility and luxury tax fears, there's no way they can keep Cousins and extend him when his rookie contract comes up. They would be in the same predicament they had with Harden.

19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Cousins, Brooks, hayes for Patterson, lin, cook, delfino, white and a 1st rounder

Brooks/Beverley/Machado
    Harden/Douglas/Anderson
    Parsons/Morris/Jones
    Cousins/Hayes/D-Mo
    Asik/Smith/Aldrich

20. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

If so, Presti can get 1 or 2 years out of Cousin's production at rookie salary, then trade him for a buch of picks and assets like the harden trade. OKC will be flexible, talented and always competitive all the way.