1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Houston Potential Destination for Cousins, but Unlikely...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Dec 30, 2012.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Not saying Cousins is a max player at all. In fact, I'll be the first to point that out. If Morey is in fact looking at the future, maybe we should get Cousins and see what happens this year. Worst case scenario he sucks and we let him hit free agency (he's a restricted free agent). Best case he plays well and forms a star duo with Harden.

2. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Counterpoint: Oh yell no

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If Royce White decides he wants to play basketball, he'll have to play in Rockets organization. Houston has no intention of releasing him.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/285587284395438080" data-datetime="2012-12-31T03:24:49+00:00">December 31, 2012</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:(

5. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Is there something I'm missing?

Why would Boston trade Rondo? I remember some issues between Rondo and management but not enough to warrant a trade right?

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'd give up Patterson and Smith in heartbeat for Cousins. Question is could he and Asik coexsit?

7. thekad

thekad Member

Strange confluence of circumstances that makes Simmons' homer trade actually seem plausible. Celtics would be a dangerous team if Cousins and Fredette's talents are really being held back in Sacramento.

8. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

:mad: I wonder why he said that.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not sure how I feel about it, but I trust Morey knows what he is doing.

10. Jedster

Jedster Member

Cousins comes across as a brat and a guy who just has an overinflated sense of importance. BUT if he goes to a team that can tame his attitude and let him know his role, he'll develop into a big star. Someone said before that Boston and KG would be best to put the guy in his place. KG's not gonna let any guy go there and be a divo.

Houston's chances of taming this guy can come from peer pressure to be a good teammate. But that's kinda unlikely since these guys we have are nice guys.

There is no comparison with Royce White who doesn't even want to play.

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I'm not sure who's worse- a guy like Cousins who's hurting his team on the court or a guy like Royce White who won't show up on the court unless every condition is there for him to succeed.

13. allaroundplayer

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

NBA GM wouldn't be specific, but says "if what I hear is true," Kings will have tough time turning down Bobcats' offer for DeMarcus Cousins.

14. allaroundplayer

tweeted at 7:32 PM - 30 Dec 12

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

16. Jedster

Jedster Member

Cousins is proven and you can still trade him for something good.
    Royce...hasn't played and you can't even trade him for much of anything now.

17. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

Trade smith with morris while his stock is high and they'll accept

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing that Detroit pick is involved, along with Biyombo?

No way Bobcats deal MKG, and I don't see anyone/anything else of significant value to Sacramento. (Remember, the protected pick Charlotte owes to Chicago limits the Bobcats in the same way the Rockets are hamstrung from the Terrence Williams trade.)

19. Balakoth

Balakoth Member

stupid...take out dmo and tjones and hayes. I dont get this boards obsession with chuck. I loved the chuckwagon but his time with this team has passed. Get the **** over it people jones and dmo have way more upside then hayes.

Salmons,Cousins,Thomas for Pat,Douglas,Aldrich,Cook,Machado,Rights to lull and a pick

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

he just reposted.... hit Control C and Control V his tweet from November