1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Houston Potential Destination for Cousins, but Unlikely...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Dec 30, 2012.

1. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Yes, I'm sure the Kings would be ALL over this.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a9zx9pc

2. Raven

Raven Member

What worries me is that he would clean up his act just enough to get a big payday and then start acting stupid again.

Tick tick tick tick.

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

They'd be trading one 21.2 PER player for a 20.0 PER player AND a 13.0 PER player!! What would they be complaining about?

(That's my impression of how I suspect John Hollinger is running the Grizzlies right now.)

4. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

You don't have to be a mind reader to see that coming. Some foolish team will probably max him based on 5 year-old scouting reports about his "potential." Yes, even though it will have been his 5th year in the NBA at that point, and by then, contracts need to start paying based on actual production rather than the promise of production. I guarantee some team will still get sucked in. And that will be the starting point for a new travesty, that much is assured.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd consider 17.5 points 10 rebounds 2.5 assist and 1.5 steals in 31 mins as "actual production" He's only 22, its only his 3rd season, its obvious he has room to grow as a player and get even better, but don't act like he's not already putting in work, those averages alone are worth 12- 13 mill at least in today FA market. He isn't 30 so his production (unless injury or crazy breakdown) is not going down, and most likely up, so a max contract IMO isn't getting sucked in and will not be any where near a travesty.

1 person likes this.