ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Game 1 loss a wake-up call or death knell for Rockets?

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Royce White practice footage + media session after 1st Rockets practice
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston rockets, nba, royce white, youtube Tags
Clutch is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Saw some of scrimmage... he showed flashes. Definitely didn't have problems bringing the ball up, even under pressure. Runs like a bull. Also hit a 17-footer, which surprised me.

Little bit of scrimmage footage with him in.

Here he is speaking after practice (kicking myself I didn't get my question in).

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
coachbadlee is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
I'm telling you guys that this past weeks events will be a thing of the past once the season starts.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

roxxy is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51508
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
I'm telling you guys that this past weeks events will be a thing of the past once the season starts.
Agreed. I love Royce really rooting for him. I haven't jumped off the White bandwagon at all. Clutch, what was your question & how was scrimmage.

RockSC is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
RockSC
RockSC is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Aug 2012
Member: #51966
Royce seems to be confident. I like that. I think he'll be a great fit for the Rockets. Hope he'll overcome that flight anxiety soon.

WNBA is online now Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
WNBA
WNBA is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodWNBA is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5973
Quote:
Way too optimistic.

I would not trust a guy that put his team under his bus on the first day of his first job.

iconoclastic is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
iconoclastic
iconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the pointsiconoclastic is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #26097
Hope we'll get to see some practice footage of Royce.

For those who claim that Jeremy Lin is not a superstar: in the games where Lin was the primary decision-maker on his team, he has averaged 23 points and 8 assists per game, and his teams have gone 14-5.

2013-2014 Predictions (made during the preseason)
1. James Harden will finish at least #3 in the MVP voting.
2. Rockets will win at least 60 games.

NL Rocket is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
NL Rocket
NL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #51934
Damn he looks skinny!

Han Solo is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
Han Solo
Han Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHan Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHan Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHan Solo is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #50947
His face definitely looks thinner. Looks to be in good shape.

Clutch, was there a noticeable difference in his body shape?

VanityHalfBlack is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
VanityHalfBlack
VanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereVanityHalfBlack is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2009
Member: #42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNBA View Post
Way too optimistic.

I would not trust a guy that put his team under his bus on the first day of his first job.
Yeah for real...

coachbadlee is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
I thought he looked thinner in that pic. Maybe he's getting ready for the back-up three spot?

tofu-- is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
tofu--
tofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finetofu-- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31526
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNBA View Post
Way too optimistic.

I agree, and I'm concerned that even in this interview he slips in how he has "other interests" and all this other stuff. We know all players have other interests, just like everyone has other interests outside of work, I just feel like in the case of Royce he might not be the "lay it all on the floor no matter the circumstances" type because of it.

That said I really hope he succeeds and plays well and prove us all wrong because I just want Rockets to win another championship already.

robbie380 is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
robbie380
Contributing Member
robbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2002
Member: #6630
Quote:
I thought he looked thinner in that pic. Maybe he's getting ready for the back-up three spot?
People looks smaller from farther away.

Anyhow, Royce probably looked a little thinner in the video cause of those crazy compression hose or whatever it was he was wearing under his shorts.

NL Rocket is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
NL Rocket
NL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNL Rocket is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #51934
Tnx for that footage, jumper looks smooth and his passing and rebounding is something we could really need. I hope he turns into a Charles Barkley, with the thrash talking and all

ico4498 is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
ico4498
ico4498 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodico4498 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #129
passing, rebounding, scoring ... he does have skills. hope he pans out.

kaitanuva is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
kaitanuva
kaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finekaitanuva is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33580
He looks like Tim Duncan with that shaved head.

robbie380 is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
robbie380
Contributing Member
robbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchrobbie380 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NL Rocket View Post
Tnx for that footage, jumper looks smooth and his passing and rebounding is something we could really need. I hope he turns into a Charles Barkley, with the thrash talking and all
I don't really see the Sir Charles comparisons other than his body style. Royce doesn't have that athleticism or the shooting. Boris Diaw looks to be a more fair comparison.

coachbadlee is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #17
coachbadlee
[CBL] Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie380 View Post
People looks smaller from farther away.

Anyhow, Royce probably looked a little thinner in the video cause of those crazy compression hose or whatever it was he was wearing under his shorts.
IDK,but if you could go back and watch the video of the Rockets visiting the policemen, Royce's face looked chubbier then. I believe that was like a month ago.

rockbox is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #18
rockbox
Contributing Member
rockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererockbox is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2000
Member: #1746
I'm surprised the wolves weren't all over him. We all know how RA likes passing big men.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Lie-Statis...ith+statistics

trueroxfan is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #19
trueroxfan
trueroxfan is Omer Asik -- working the boardstrueroxfan is Omer Asik -- working the boardstrueroxfan is Omer Asik -- working the boardstrueroxfan is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31606
When is our first preseason game? I see that other teams have already started.

robbie380 is offline Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #20
robbie380
Contributing Member
Quote:
IDK,but if you could go back and watch the video of the Rockets visiting the policemen, Royce's face looked chubbier then. I believe that was like a month ago.
He probably was a little out of shape and that combined with him shaving his beard makes his face look thinner.