1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White practice footage + media session after 1st Rockets practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2012.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Even a young Diaw wasn't as aggressive.

White is just unique. Nothing we can really pin him down as. If he develops a post game and decent jumper, look out!

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Having him bring the ball up where he can penetrate to the paint causes all kinds of rotation problems for the defense. It forces defenses to adjust very early in the shot clock. It also forces opponent's bigs to run back on defense on every play because there is no guard that can deal with White with a full head of steam.

1 person likes this.
  3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Mashburn without a J.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Excellent point. The coaching staff seemed to emphasize the same thing with Royce in Summer League. Anytime you've got a guy that can rebound and immediately drive down court and make a play, it puts all kinds of pressure on the opponent's defense. Royce does have the handles and play-making skills to turn change-of-possessions into transition scoring opportunities. I especially like this with our second unit, where I trust Douglas a lot less handling the ball.

5. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

White is the weapon Rocket needs in the second unit to penetrate opponents.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

It's a nice luxury to have when your PF can rebound the ball and push up court. We have a point forward again!!

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Kind of like Terence Jones being a lesser Dwight Howard,or water being a lesser beer

8. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Magic Johnson in 95-96 at 36 years old playing PF=Royce

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It was great meeting you... I have to admit, I was shocked to be asked to sign anything -- that's never happened before :). I appreciate the support!

Sounds like it's up in the air whether Royce will make the trip. I doubt he will, personally.

I enjoyed McAllen. I hope to make it to a Vipers game later in the year.

That's actually a decent comparison... I think Royce is stronger, even though Magic was pretty bulked up then, and Magic was better shooting the ball I would think.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not a thread topic but-

Anyone know if the Rockets game will air on NBA TV tomorrow night????

Last night the Toronto/Real Madrid game was not scheduled to air on NBATV but they showed it anyways. Not sure about the Rockets game. I guess Ill just have to be ready for to watch the game on some shaddy internet site if I have to.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best free sites where I wont blow up my computer with virus'???

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its also going to be a wonderful sight to see a GAMEACTION thread created finally for the first time this season.

12. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Maybe he thought you were Clutch the Bear?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=227102

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

You are obviously our closest ear to the real situation going on with him.....and this does not sound good..

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

first row sports. Also can't you watch pre-season games on League pass.

15. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Good Work Clutch

16. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

not quite Magic's offensive prowess, but superior rebounding and toughness

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Interview from today:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/royce-white-10092012

He doesn't care whether he travels with the team or not, doesn't care how his teammates would respond to his absence (likes that they did support him) and didn't really pay attention when he talked with his agent about potentially being with the team tomorrow. What's up with the attitude?

It's time he starts saying the right things instead of being a smart ass and acting like it's all normal, it's nothing big and it's all good. This is really a time to be humble and say things like " I want to show that I'm ready..can't wait to be in the game..hope I will get some playing time..still need some work...hope I can be with the team tomorrow etc." Guess that's not this guy's MO.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This post is bad fan fiction.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Do you work for TMZ?

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member