1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White practice footage + media session after 1st Rockets practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

White is already one of my favorite players. I have to get the NBA leauge pass this year to watch him announce his presense with authority. Plus the fact that he's gonna protect his teammates

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Didn't like that either, he comes off a bit cocky like he's all that. On the one hand I'm glad McHale doesn't take any crap and says you are responsible to your team and your teammates, you have to make it to shootaround, practice and the actual games. On the other hands, sounds to me like McHale is like many old school guys who just say "tough it out", or just "get over it". He will not tolerate excuses and don't expect White to make his first appearance until maybe the Spurs game Sunday. Also, the fact that McHale pushed for the drafting of White sounds less likely by the week.

I hope for the best but I don't see this ending well. I think when Royce takes the bus and misses shootaround / late for shootaround or in a case of not travelling to a certain game because of fear of flying, he will have to deal with many DNP CD's and very limited minutes. Will be interesting to see how McHale deals with it and how long before the clash between White and McHale happens. Oh boy, these are going to be interesting months..

1 person likes this.
  3. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

How hard is it for you to understand I am not a Royce hater? Didnt I say 'perhaps he is the best passer at PF' in college?

Maybe you shouldn't label someone 'elite,' without any stats to back up your claim, and in turn, calling those 'haters' who disagreed with your elite label.

Big difference. People doubted if Lin was able to play at NBA level. No one called Lin 'elite' at anything. Nor anyone doubted Royce can play at NBA level if he is mentally healthy. This is probably a case of "birds of a feather flock together?"

4. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Maybe you shouldn't label someone 'elite,' without any stats to back up your claim, and in turn, calling those 'haters' who disagreed with your elite label.

which rookie then is better the white that is drafted around pick 16?

5. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

Royce could have settled or put his contract situation in order while he was in camp.

I don't see the need for absence to get things in order.

I hope this is the last time Royce wastes his or the team's opportunities because he needs "special" treatment. Fair labor practice or demanding an "equal opportunity" from your employer does not excuse you from professionalism or commitment or even discipline.

6. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

on the first rebound play, i think Royce got Omer out of the way and got the rebound. Considering Omer is a good rebounder himself, Royce definitely has a shot of becoming the real deal rebounder with what he's shown so far...

7. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

i think McHale has a man crush on Royce. he pushed for his drafting. and you don't hear him say go scott, or go toney, etc... but in the clip, how many times does he say "go Royce"? he seems to "especially" notice when Royce has the ball...

anyway, i guess it just means that it's more probable that Royce actually is going to get minutes ...

8. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Kevin knows Royce is nba body and brain.

He will be a mismatch for oppositions on fast break as he grabs the rebound and goes coast to coast lebron style.

Lebron light if you must.

The game is going small and Royce can even play 5.

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

D league for him, I just heard on ESPN Radio that he may not play tomorrow

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

He says that because He wants Royce to bring the ball up the floor instead of outlet passing to the pg, it's very untraditional, so he feels the need to remind him more.

11. amaru

amaru Member

Nothing wrong with the D-League....Brooks, Alston and Hayes all played down there and ended playing a key role on the team (at different points)

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why wouldn't he play?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Likely because there are 20 guys on the roster so not every one is going to play in every game or else there won't be time for specific line ups to play a long enough stretch.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Please don't give me Lebron.
    The guy can pass and rebound but he aint a scorer like Lebron and he aint half as athletic as this guy.
    He resembles Boris Diaw Riffiod, PF light version of Andre Iguodala if you must

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Iguodala himself is like a Lebron lite without the scoring.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Young Boris Diaw is the most accurate comparison in my opinion, all the talk about Magic or LeBron is off.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When's the last time Boris Diaw bulled his way to the basket?

Not to mention waaay better handles. Diaw is closer to Chuck Hayes than White.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not by much.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's why I said young.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This post is low quality fan fiction.