ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Daryl Morey annoyed during SR610 interview.
Tags:  basketball, daryl morey, fired, houston rockets, josh innes, les alexander, nba Tags
dram1 is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
dram1
dram1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7465
Highlight of the interview had Josh Innes fo SR610 afternoon show asking Morey how long are the Rockets going to be treading water before he gets fired. Morey replied that its up to Les Alexander and he doesn't feel that the team is treading water because they are improving the team.

All in all he (Morey) has obviously gotten wind of the bashing 610 has layed on him and the organizaton lately (because they aren't the flagship station of the Rockets any longer?) and came into the interview ready to get picked on. I think he handled himself professionally.

Josh Innes has made a career of asking point blank questions for shock value, claiming to be asking the questions we all want to ask. But I think his delivery is not well thought out and sometimes crosses the line of professionalism.

Sponsored Link
jbasket is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
jbasket
Contributing Member
jbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjbasket is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50214
No Rocket fans like 610 anymore.

/thread

Here you go: http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Baske.../dp/0345520106

cardpire is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
cardpire
cardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecardpire is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30151
seems like that's a question that we'd want to ask les, not morey. doesn't really make sense asking morey that, other than looking for rome v. stern shock value.

REEKO_HTOWN is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
REEKO_HTOWN
Contributing Member
REEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldREEKO_HTOWN is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32179
Josh Innes can suck my ****. If I see him at a Rockets game I'll tell him myself.

Talking about James Harden:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosPollosHermanos View Post
He relies on contact too much, has subpar handles for a guard, has been gaining weight since he got here, can barely beat his man off the dribble sometimes, and doesn't have the stamina he should.

liveguy is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
liveguy
liveguy is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49085
Sports Radio 610 fell off as soon as they gave Innes a show.

Vandermeer wisely bounced.

How that dude Innes still has a gig is beyond me.

No one cares and about that nasal voiced douche or his dad.

610 shoulda cut that clown a long time ago.

rolyat93 is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Should've asked him if he was mad that 610 got dumped like fecal matter after a 3 day Taco Bell binge.

713 is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done713 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 2011
Member: #48858
the real question is why are you listening to 610?

Cannonball is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Cannonball
Contributing Member
Cannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19677
Josh is a tool, but is he wrong? Despite how you feel about the job Morey's done, the question is out there. How much of a leash does Morey actually have?

And Morey's "we're not treading water, we're improving" answer was total PR BS.

sugrlndkid is online now Old 07-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
sugrlndkid
sugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresugrlndkid is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2012
Member: #50762
i have been a recent transplant of sport 790...just got back home and turned on 610 and was like what is this garbage...and then...saw that 790 was going to be the new flagship for the Rockets...switched...and have loved them ever since...and they are on I heart radio...610 is garbage....

TexAg713 is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
TexAg713
TexAg713 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTexAg713 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45809
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEKO_HTOWN View Post
Josh Innes can suck my ****. If I see him at a Rockets game I'll tell him myself.
He is such a fat turd. I'll tune in to 610 from time to time to hear Rockets talk if other stations are covering women's field hockey, and the guy is just a hack. His input is often disingenuous and contradictory seemingly for his personal entertainment. Josh Innes is just about the worst thing I can think of on the radio and I think his colleagues are sick of him too.

Petey-N-Htown is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #11
Petey-N-Htown
Petey-N-Htown is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2009
Member: #42556
I prefer 790.

conquistador#11 is online now Old 07-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
conquistador#11
conquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsconquistador#11 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18869
This just shows Maury is now a complete Houstonian.
You could tell right from the get go of that interview that Maury was annoyed. With the douche I can understand, but with Rich it surprised me. His response to Rich, "Well good thing it's my job to worry about that." I'm paraphrasing. Good stuff not quite caliendo though.

zcity is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
zcity
Contributing Member
zcity is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5117
How Rich deals with him (Innes) is incredible. Such a pro with such a putz !!

The guy talks out his A$$ 99% of the time.

Glad Morey handled it like a pro

Hakeemtheking is online now Old 07-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #14
Hakeemtheking
Hakeemtheking is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHakeemtheking is Omer Asik -- working the boardsHakeemtheking is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #38940
That question is downright rude. I would just (slightly) slap the interviewer for that.

liveguy is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #15
liveguy
liveguy is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #49085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
Josh is a tool, but is he wrong? Despite how you feel about the job Morey's done, the question is out there. How much of a leash does Morey actually have?

His answer is honest and based off of what he thinks!

And he (Morey) is right.

The players they have now are young with high ceilings!

Run and gun!

Players will come.

Mr.Rocket85 is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #16
Mr.Rocket85
Mr.Rocket85 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasket View Post
No Rocket fans like 610 anymore.

/thread
I 2nd that!

Can we make "Bash Josh Innes you reeeeeally do suck Grizzly bear Balls" Thread??? Please?

dram1 is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
dram1
dram1 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7465
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713 View Post
the real question is why are you listening to 610?
More habit than anything...they have always been the leaders in this market. Content is getting bland as most is filled with gimmicky BS. But Charlie P at 790 can put you to sleep.

Bandwagoner is online now Old 07-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #18
Bandwagoner
Contributing Member
Bandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsBandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsBandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsBandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsBandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsBandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsBandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsBandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsBandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsBandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsBandwagoner is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16417
and now it will be the highest downloaded podcast with a dedicated thread on clutchfans

u guys are either complete tools or 610 moles

12/13/14 - The day GladiatoRowdy challenged me to a fight for $50.

Buck88 is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #19
Buck88
Contributing Member
Buck88 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2001
Member: #2546
Very unprofessional and it's not the first time he has done this!! If he wants to have that opinion and share it with the audience fine....wait for the interview to end. Asking that question IS NOT because that is what we want - its to embarrass Morey and nothing more! If it were a legit question there should be a legit answer to give....how could Morey legitmaity answer that - he couldn't!!!

He owes Morey an apology.

If I was a woman, Id be slut. A lesbian slut!!!

Another Brother is offline Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #20
Another Brother
Contributing Member
Another Brother is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAnother Brother is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAnother Brother is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAnother Brother is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAnother Brother is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAnother Brother is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneAnother Brother is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Sep 2001
Member: #3149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post

This.