1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey annoyed during SR610 interview.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dram1, Jul 19, 2012.

1. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Just listened to the interview. Felt like Morey baited Innes into asking the inflammatory questions "c'mon, ask me a tougher question than that" so he kinda got what he asked for IMO.

2. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

wow he started off that interview upset lol.

"luckily i can because thats my job and not yours" when asked by rich lord about not being able to name the total shuffled players on the current everchanging roster etc.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Here's the easiest way to break down the quality of radio talk show hosts.

To be a good sports talk host, first you need to be a good sports fan.

I understand that the training is difficult and that it can be tough to get a good opportunity to show off your chops in the industry, but if you make it through to the end and forget the previous statement, then you're a failure. Whenever I tune into 610--and this isn't specific to them, I've heard it from hosts of all channels honestly--I hear people that are just beaten down by the lifestyle and the process of radio, that they just don't like or watch sports that much anymore. Their arguments are cookie cutter. Their perceptions on our sports teams are those shared by the national media and uninformed public. Their insights are the same those you could have gleaned from a box score.

In today's era of the Internet, you have many avenues for acquiring your sports information. By the same token you have many voices that can have opinions on that information. There's no more monopoly. The cream rises to the top; people that are passionate stick together. Clutchfans owns the true Rockets fanbase, and if the Nielsen ratings are correct then 610 owns the uninformed public. That's fine. We'll stick to our thing, and they'll stick to theirs. I'm not so biased as not to tune into 610 once in a while to gauge the waters, see if anything's changed. But yeah, for the foreseeable future, I as a member of you guys, the True Rockets fans, I feel it's in my right to call their Rockets' coverage trash. The end.

2 people like this.
  4. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Ehh...I should have done this earlier. A bit weak on the graphics, but what the heck?

[​IMG]

5. varuscelli

If anyone else want to try a caption...

[​IMG]

6. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

those are excuses. where are the results

7. dram1

dram1 Member

Heard Morey on 1560 interview recently and he kind of addressed the 610 fiasco. While he admitted that interview wasn't one of his greater moments, he stated that he heard some of the criticism he had been getting from the station and expected to be challenged instead of his ass kissed. He said if you have criticism on him, bring it to the table and let's discuss.

I can respect that. But while he was looking for the 610 crew to get up on the mound and fire some solid fast-balls, Innes got sloppy with it and went after his head.

I know Innes is trying to be this new breed of host that is loud, opinionated, but he just spits out anything without thinking of what he saying and if it offends anyone. That syle gets old...just like Rome's style got old...so will Innes'.

8. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Only robots see things in black and white.

9. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

lol nobody knows about this interview cause 610 sucks and nobody listens to them

10. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Wrong! You need to have an "Opinion" and stay true to it.

11. varuscelli

12. jocar

jocar Member

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Anyone can have an uninformed opinion and stick to it. Bad sports radio guys do this all the time. They just regurgitate what everybody else out there is saying or believes to be the common or "permissible" train of thought. Example: just the other night a national radio host was talking up Patrick Ewing, saying he would have been a multiple time NBA champ if not for Jordan. To me, that's a defensible position but it's also uninformed, because they're completely ignoring the West, and they're completely ignoring the fact that Ewing DID make it to a Final and still lost. No one gives our town any credit, and the more they adhere to popular opinion, the more likely they will be to discount our city's sports teams.

If you wanna listen to good basketball talk, listen to the real fans. Clutch and Bima on their podcasts, Matt and Adam the same guys who used to do the Rockets postgame show in the late 90's (the best postgame show we've had in our history as long as I've been paying attention). You can tell their opinions are not cookie cutter and that they care. Same goes for football; Lance Zierlein, Stephanie Stradley, and Alan Burge are the best the city has to offer because they care. You won't hear better opinions anywhere else. And now in this Internet era, it's fantastic. We can bypass the commentators and "journalists" and go straight to people with the real scoop on the matter.

14. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I agree-he gets on dumb tangents, always talks about weed smokers, yet says he doesn't smoke it, it's all attention seeking...one day I think it was Innes might have been Lord dunno was on a rant about showering with a luffa, gel, or soap bar...I was annoyed bc it went on for ten min. This is a sports station

I'm not familiar with him I listen quite a bit, but don't know umm all. I do recognize his annoying rants, however. And yup fastballs to the head that didn't make sense bc one knows ball, n Innes knows how to spit in a mic.
    Analysts should talk less, radio hosts should be more like Cowherd who I don't like a ton, but he's smart, and talks of great topics. That was good ol college days in Denton though, I regress.